Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
WA senator suffers brain damage (Read 2281 times)
salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA senator suffers brain damage
Feb 21st, 2018 at 4:25am

Government senator Linda Reynolds calls for debate on mixed-gender teams in Australia's elite sports

A rising star inside the Turnbull government has called for a national debate on introducing mixed gender competitions to professional sports, asking why women are segregated from competing against men in codes like the AFL, NRL and rugby union.

Linda Reynolds, who was Australia's first brigadier in the Army Reserve before joining Parliament, told Fairfax Media that sport should follow in the footsteps of the Australian Army, which has a target of lifting the proportion of women in its ranks to 25 per cent within five years.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/government-senator-linda-r...

Like I keep saying, we have lunatics pretending to be intelligent people representing us.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Re: WA senator suffers brain damage
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 4:28am

I think its a great idea.

No more gender based sports.

One code for all, if women can't compete against men, they don't get a lookin.

No more wasted money on women's sports, compete with men or get out.

Love it

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 5:56am

I reckon women should be able to apply for any male cricket teams
but not rugby etc.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 6:46am

salad in wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 4:25am:
Government senator Linda Reynolds calls for debate on mixed-gender teams in Australia's elite sports

A rising star inside the Turnbull government has called for a national debate on introducing mixed gender competitions to professional sports, asking why women are segregated from competing against men in codes like the AFL, NRL and rugby union.

Linda Reynolds, who was Australia's first brigadier in the Army Reserve before joining Parliament, told Fairfax Media that sport should follow in the footsteps of the Australian Army, which has a target of lifting the proportion of women in its ranks to 25 per cent within five years.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/government-senator-linda-r...

Like I keep saying, we have lunatics pretending to be intelligent people representing us.

It already happens, I use to play A-grade tennis the local Opens division is ungraded un-sexed ..... I have had the odd female player not just beat but thrash me. There is one local female player very few of the guys can beat she hits the ball harder then I do, when a female player usually beats a male in tennis its about skill and style, luckily I never played against this women I have seen her blow guys of the court that beat me, she is a brute !

I have been playing mixed tennis most of my life some events are handicapped others are just mixed based.

My wife use to play mixed netball which is funny to watch.

Not sure about contact sports that might be a dumb idea but sports like soccer would work it would definitely lift the standard of women's sports.

Heather Pamela McKay was such a superior squash player she had to train against the men, she is in my mind the greatest squash player ever (male or female) and the greatest sporting star in this country by a country mile !

In certain sports women can certainly compete against the guys, biologically they should be superior at distance running !

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 6:52am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 5:56am:
I reckon women should be able to apply for any male cricket teams
but not rugby etc.

Not sure on that even at the elite level womens cricket they bring the ropes in and even then they struggle to hit sixes.
Not sure how a female would cope with Jeff Thomson pounding down at 170-180KPH ..... many of the guys struggled with it .... Clive Loyd's jaw still probably twinges when Jeff shows up !

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:32am

If you rate men and women on a spectrum of physicality most probably sit somewhere in the middle.

The women at the extreme end of the scale can probably beat many normal men, but men in professional sport are usually not your average bloke. They're the ones at the extreme end of the male spectrum.

Ronda Rousey would leave me a bloody pulp of meat but put her against Mike Tyson.. LAWL.

Sure, open everything up for anyone to have a crack as long as there are no compromises and no expectations of equal outcomes.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:38am

John Hopoate likes the idea too Wink

IBI

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #7 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:54am

Gordon wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:32am:
If you rate men and women on a spectrum of physicality most probably sit somewhere in the middle.

The women at the extreme end of the scale can probably beat many normal men, but men in professional sport are usually not your average bloke. They're the ones at the extreme end of the male spectrum.

Ronda Rousey would leave me a bloody pulp of meat but put her against Mike Tyson.. LAWL.

Sure, open everything up for anyone to have a crack as long as there are no compromises and no expectations of equal outcomes.

Where size and strength matter they would get thrashed and possibly seriously injured. Even with my tennis example only about 5% or less of the women comp players at the A-grade level would have a chance ..... might be higher in the lower grades.

At the ATP level Serena Williams would struggle to make the top 200 she can hit the ball hard but she is slow around the court .... that is the major difference. Go watch a few live matches and that point will become obvious ...... then there is the service power 200kph is good for a female .... slow in the male game. Very few females can cope with a screaming baseline shot at the net. With live tennis I often prefer to watch the women, beyond the great legs you can actually see the ball, I am amazed at how hard the top tennis players can hit ball.

On contact sports like Rugby and NRL its not even worth having the conversation.

Our Uni Rugby squad had an open training session where we invited all the women associated with the club and women from other sports associations to join in the training session. Very few of them lasted .... and that was before the contact drills. In fact many of them borrowed a few rugby players to run their training drills for their training sessions.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #8 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 8:47am

Why not let the transvestite play in the Woman's AFL then....Or why not let men compete in woman's competitions....Because it is bloody ridiculous maybe???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 8:50am

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:54am:

Where size and strength matter they would get thrashed and possibly seriously injured. Even with my tennis example only about 5% or less of the women comp players at the A-grade level would have a chance ..... might be higher in the lower grades.

At the ATP level Serena Williams would struggle to make the top 200 she can hit the ball hard but she is slow around the court .... that is the major difference. Go watch a few live matches and that point will become obvious ...... then there is the service power 200kph is good for a female .... slow in the male game. Very few females can cope with a screaming baseline shot at the net. With live tennis I often prefer to watch the women, beyond the great legs you can actually see the ball, I am amazed at how hard the top tennis players can hit ball.

On contact sports like Rugby and NRL its not even worth having the conversation.

Our Uni Rugby squad had an open training session where we invited all the women associated with the club and women from other sports associations to join in the training session. Very few of them lasted .... and that was before the contact drills. In fact many of them borrowed a few rugby players to run their training drills for their training sessions.

My philosophy on a lot of things is to allow self correction.
If women want in on the NRL, let it be and lets see how many are keen after the very first  NRL 1st grade tackling drills  Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 8:57am

When I played indoor cricket some woman put a team in the men's grade....When we played them they complained about how fast we were bowling (although we slowed down considerably) and the umpire sided with the woman due to safety concerns....So if woman join men's competitions will the rules be changed due to safety concerns....Stupid idea???

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:00am

You're talking about the difference between training like a fanatic and simple physical realities..... chalk and cheese... I never want to work that hard.. that's like the silly argument someone put years ago, saying that the Aboriginal sheila runner would be a better President than some bloke because she could run.... Jesus....  I'd venture to say that if he was the same age and trained as hard, he'd beat her hands down... I know I would.. I was quick without training... but.... I never want to work that hard....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:03am

It is the fallout from the SSM YES vote that Tony Abbott warned about when he said the Greeny weirdohs would see the SSM YES vote as a Green Light to attack every aspect of society.

And it is now happening as the ultra extremist activist Greenies see society dominated and controlled by men and that is why they see their degendering rubbish as a way of attacking the male dominated society.

Rumor has it that in the deep dark warped world of Greeny extremism they are eagerly awaiting the first degendered man to become pregnant!!!!

All those Lefties that votes YES must be wondering just what sort of wild animal they have released onto society.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #13 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:16am

juliar wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:03am:
It is the fallout from the SSM YES vote that Tony Abbott warned about when he said the Greeny weirdohs would see the SSM YES vote as a Green Light to attack every aspect of society.

And it is now happening as the ultra extremist activist Greenies see society dominated and controlled by men and that is why they see their degendering rubbish as a way of attacking the male dominated society.

Rumor has it that in the deep dark warped world of Greeny extremism they are eagerly awaiting the first degendered man to become pregnant!!!!

All those Lefties that votes YES must be wondering just what sort of wild animal they have released onto society.

A stupid Liberal put forward a proposal that is being thoroughly ridiculed by everyone and you try to link it to a completely unrelated topic....Get over it you loser because SSM is the least of your problems???

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:26am

salad in wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 4:25am:

on the other hand    we have people like Russell Crowe .telling league to take a good look at kids sport and suggesting it should be weight based rather than age....

no kidding    women are now expected to play against men who take female hormones.....which of course makes sense to some... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:16am:
A stupid Liberal put forward a proposal that is being thoroughly ridiculed by everyone and you try to link it to a completely unrelated topic....Get over it you loser because SSM is the least of your problems??

the whole point is phil..

one thing always leads to another.....

ssm highlighted certain legalities....that favoured some and not others...

this lead us to those who claim they are not the sex they want to be....and yes they are discriminated against...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

we do have a problem.....where do these folk fit in?.....

because that is the point   they have to be accepted and they have to fit in.. it isnt a fair world but it does need to be on the table unfortunately...

I am glad I dont have to make the decisions..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print