Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Welcome to the hypocricy (Read 1195 times)
philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: Welcome to the hypocricy
Reply #15 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:24am

So the ALP and Greens want companies to hire foreign workers and freeze out unions....What do you base your bullshit on mate....It was the Unions who were condemning the practice???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #16 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:35am

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:24am:
So the ALP and Greens want companies to hire foreign workers and freeze out unions....What do you base your bullshit on mate....It was the Unions who were condemning the practice???

Federally when they ALP was last in power use to say all sorts of stuff but in practise on 457 they were no different..... as for  the greens who really cares.

Mixed views on 457 visas they should be a short term solution but often they are long term. Prefer governments encourage skills growth but often its in the wrong professions.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:52am

BigOl64 wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:30pm:
Every d1ckhead lefty is lying their arses of making false statements about Adani employing 457s and not Australians along with other loads of bullsh1t.

Well here ya have it, our wonderful solar farms employing 75% foreign workers on sh1t contracts instead of Queenslanders on good paying money.

This is what those labor and greenie scumbags wanted all along.  Angry Angry

Solar farms in Queensland are being built by backpacker labour rather than qualified electricians, a parliamentary inquiry has heard.

A Senate committee investigating the future of employment in Australia, including the impact of automation, held its first public hearing on Tuesday in Brisbane.

Electrical Trades Union Queensland acting secretary Peter Ong told the senators firms were favouring labour-hire companies instead of using electricians on industrial agreements with good pay and conditions.

"There should be 50 directly employed electricians building a solar farm," Mr Ong said.

"I have five electricians and 45 backpackers who are employed through labour hire and paid poverty wages."

He said the union was aware of unlicensed work on solar farm work sites.

"The real sickening thing for us and our members in the regions is that these are projects that could have delivered decent ongoing jobs for regional Queenslanders," Mr Ong said.

"Instead, there's no real jobs being delivered to any Queenslanders, they're delivered to backpackers."

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/solar-farms-using-backpacker-labou...

No lies in saying the Adani Carmichael Mine is a turkey.

Overstated & under resourced - why else do they want us to do everything for them including giving them a $1billion dollar taxpayer funded loan?

Why won't the Big 4 banks touch them?

Why won't Deutsche Bank or the Bank of India touch them?

Indias Dodgy Bros.

re: the Solar Farm construction companies using unqualified labour hire employees & back packers

I suggest you take that up with those companies .....

since when have you ever cared about the concerns of a Trade Union i.e. the ETU or any other?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 11:53am

The Greens and the labor advocate for more renewable energy.   But they did not advocate for those companies to hire foreign staff.   Hiring staffs are decisions made by private companies.  So, unless you can provide information that the labor and the greens have directly influenced their employment methodology, or the companies themselves are run by the labor and the greens, then your point is moot.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 11:59am

tickleandrose wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 11:53am:
The Greens and the labor advocate for more renewable energy.   But they did not advocate for those companies to hire foreign staff.   Hiring staffs are decisions made by private companies.  So, unless you can provide information that the labor and the greens have directly influenced their employment methodology, or the companies themselves are run by the labor and the greens, then your point is moot. 

The Libs advocate for more renewable energy too, Tickle. That's part of their energy plan. They've factored in emissions reductions and cost cuts as renewable energy becomes cheaper and battery technology gets taken up.

For some reason though, they don't like windmills. I wonder why.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:02pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 11:59am:

The Libs advocate for more renewable energy too, Tickle. That's part of their energy plan. They've factored in emissions reductions and cost cuts as renewable energy becomes cheaper and battery technology gets taken up.

I know.  But I was just pampering to Big.  He seemed to think that the ONLY people would support renewable is labor and greens.  Don't want to hurt his feelings too much.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #21 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:50pm

Gnads wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:52am:
BigOl64 wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:30pm:
Every d1ckhead lefty is lying their arses of making false statements about Adani employing 457s and not Australians along with other loads of bullsh1t.

Well here ya have it, our wonderful solar farms employing 75% foreign workers on sh1t contracts instead of Queenslanders on good paying money.

This is what those labor and greenie scumbags wanted all along.  Angry Angry

Solar farms in Queensland are being built by backpacker labour rather than qualified electricians, a parliamentary inquiry has heard.

A Senate committee investigating the future of employment in Australia, including the impact of automation, held its first public hearing on Tuesday in Brisbane.

Electrical Trades Union Queensland acting secretary Peter Ong told the senators firms were favouring labour-hire companies instead of using electricians on industrial agreements with good pay and conditions.

"There should be 50 directly employed electricians building a solar farm," Mr Ong said.

"I have five electricians and 45 backpackers who are employed through labour hire and paid poverty wages."

He said the union was aware of unlicensed work on solar farm work sites.

"The real sickening thing for us and our members in the regions is that these are projects that could have delivered decent ongoing jobs for regional Queenslanders," Mr Ong said.

"Instead, there's no real jobs being delivered to any Queenslanders, they're delivered to backpackers."

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/solar-farms-using-backpacker-labou...

No lies in saying the Adani Carmichael Mine is a turkey.

Overstated & under resourced - why else do they want us to do everything for them including giving them a $1billion dollar taxpayer funded loan?

Why won't the Big 4 banks touch them?

Why won't Deutsche Bank or the Bank of India touch them?

Indias Dodgy Bros.

re: the Solar Farm construction companies using unqualified labour hire employees & back packers

I suggest you take that up with those companies .....

since when have you ever cared about the concerns of a Trade Union i.e. the ETU or any other?

Since when have I NOT been concerned with the plight of North Queenslanders?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #22 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:51pm

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:24am:

Yes is was the unions, and I never accused the union (in this instance) of being filthy hypocrites did I?

Try again

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 1:28pm

Too many people tilting at them?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 3:54pm

Gnads wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 1:28pm:

Too many people tilting at them?

Too unsightly, I think. Poor Mr Hockey had to look at them if he ever drove to Canberra.

He's rich enough to drive, you see. Presumably not rich enough for a helicopter.

Thank God for the little Aussie taxpayer, eh?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print