Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Meanwhile back at the Abbott Cave (Read 1505 times)
RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Meanwhile back at the Abbott Cave
Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:43am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/tony-abbotts-sydney-institute-speech-...

I think this article is more about stirring the pot, while I personally prefer Abbott over Turnbull who is a hobby politician. Like Abbott or not he is a conviction Politician but seems to lack political refinement....... Turnbull by every measure is a Dud yet he seems to hold a lead over the Manboobed Cranky Pie Temperature Critic (does not say much about his ability).

If if he pulled something off based on his previous polling I doubt he would save the LNP. This would be the right time to pull of a challenge with all this Joyce muck around, Turnbull is failing to put this to bed ..... obviously the Nats are split on Joyce but probably don't think much of Turnbull either.

I would like Morrison to boot Turnbull out, if the LNP lose the next election it might be him anyway or J Bishop.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Meanwhile back at the Abbott Cave
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:45am

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:43am:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/tony-abbotts-sydney-institute-speech-...

I think this article is more about stirring the pot, while I personally prefer Abbott over Turnbull who is a hobby politician. Like Abbott or not he is a conviction Politician but seems to lack political refinement....... Turnbull by every measure is a Dud yet he seems to hold a lead over the Manboobed Cranky Pie Temperature Critic (does not say much about his ability).

If if he pulled something off based on his previous polling I doubt he would save the LNP. This would be the right time to pull of a challenge with all this Joyce muck around, Turnbull is failing to put this to bed ..... obviously the Nats are split on Joyce but probably don't think much of Turnbull either.

I would like Morrison to boot Turnbull out, if the LNP lose the next election it might be him anyway or J Bishop.

Its a myth that Abbott is a conviction politican. He's fliup flopped on so many things. Wortkchoices anyone?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:48am

Paywall.

Wouldn't you love if Dick Smith ran against Abbott?

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:49am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:45am:

Its a myth that Abbott is a conviction politican. He's fliup flopped on so many things. Wortkchoices anyone?

His core ideals haven't moved. Updating their ideas about specific policies particularly when faces with political realities can hardly be called flip flopping.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:14am

We need the re-introduction of a Court Jester to bring some mirth back into Australian politics.... following the twin debacles of the JoyceGate Affair and the Banking Royal Commission being used as  the smokescreen for the sneaky introduction of a 'bank bail in' act of treachery, whereby Taxpayer Cash will be used in advance to bail out the banks.

Watch this space....

http://cecaust.com.au/releases/2018_02_16_Govt_APRA.html

Meanwhile - what about those Victorian government connections with the Chinese Communist Party?

Oh, happy days..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:21am

Do you know what a conviction politician is ?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:26am

Gordon wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:49am:

His core ideals haven't moved. Updating their ideas about specific policies particularly when faces with political realities can hardly be called flip flopping.

What about his non-core ideals - have any of those even changed status?  Nothing like a calcified politician at the helm.... aye-aaarghr, sorry, skipper... not my fault ... the wheel's frozen!

High in the cool, clean air above the capital city of Australia, Canberra... known as The Heart Of The Nation ... a Turnbull Airlines Bankliner is making its way to a safe landing at Election Airport, Canberra's principal stopover for politicians en route to retirement .... down below Captain Turnbull can see the early morning hot air balloons rising, and points those out to his passengers.

(voice) "Good morning, Cabinet and Bank Owners - I hope you all slept well in your $273 a night seats in Top First Class .. if you look out of the windows on either side, you will see the daily spectacle of Canberra Hot Air Balloons beginning to rise, and that's even before we land .. that's to port and starboard.... we will be shortly arriving in Canberra, where a superb hot breakfast has been prepared for you by top chefs before we make our leisurely tour to Parliament House for a day's work starting at around 11 am ... I hope you're enjoying your time with Turnbull Airlines..."

Suddenly the aircraft proximity radar goes off, beginning a  terrifying racket in the cockpit...... Captain Turnbull can see nothing on his radar... yet the BankLiner is suddenly caught in a massive hurricane of noise and terrifying gyrations throughout the sky.....

What has happened?

(sound over)  Whoooop... whooop... aircraft alert... terrain collision imminent .... etc... logo comes up...ABBOTT CRASH INVESTIGATIONS...  whooop.. whooop...)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:29am

Gordon wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:48am:
Paywall.

Wouldn't you love if Dick Smith ran against Abbott?

Yes I think he lives some where around here .... the Australian Geographic head quarters is just down the road. (North of Abbott's electorate)

Abbott is around Manly he might have to move but it would be interesting.

Abbott is very popular local identity he is well known for his charity work. I have met him a few times at various functions and once coming out of the surf .... nice guy just not good at politics ! He was a great opposition leader but the Dysfunctional ALP made him look a lot better.

Some media idiot ran against him thinking he would be an easy beat, a lot of big talk !...... like my electorate Abbott's is a safe Liberal seat.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:55am

Nobody from that steaming pile of compost will win you next election rtards , the deadest of dead men walking .

Get ready for a very very very very long time in opposition  Smiley

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:53am

Despairing LW is smelling the fumes of fear rising from his armpits again and so he is seeking attention again especially now that the Barny thing has gone dead.

Have to put him out of his misery.  Libs to win in Tasmania.

Its time wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:55am:
Nobody from that steaming pile of compost will win you next election rtards , the deadest of dead men walking.

The thing with Abbo is that he is a puppet of the Catholic Church and that's why the Libs don't trust him as he is too inclined to go off on his private pursuits.

Recall his silly knighthood to Prince Phillip and his knights and dames thingo and his saving Cardinal Pel by sending him to Italy and how he foundered on the SSM YES vote rubbish ?

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:01am by juliar »  

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #10 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:39am

juliar wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:53am:
Despairing LW is smelling the fumes of fear rising from his armpits again and so he is seeking attention again especially now that the Barny thing has gone dead.

Have to put him out of his misery.  Libs to win in Tasmania.

Its time wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:55am:
Nobody from that steaming pile of compost will win you next election rtards , the deadest of dead men walking.

The thing with Abbo is that he is a puppet of the Catholic Church and that's why the Libs don't trust him as he is too inclined to go off on his private pursuits.

Recall his silly knighthood to Prince Phillip and his knights and dames thingo and his saving Cardinal Pel by sending him to Italy and how he foundered on the SSM YES vote rubbish ?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/06/f0/7b/06f07b7f71737be5209c69c2980d066b.jpg

Yes remember all that as I said he struggles to read the political landscape i.e. is not good at the Politics ...... don't care what Fraser thinks either way he was useless priminister.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:17am

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:21am:

Yep Howard and Hawke.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:17pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:17am:

Yep Howard and Hawke.

Hawke was a bit all over the place would have been useless without Keating around. Your just guessing as usual.

The only one on the ALP side right now is Albanese the rest are a joke especially Kick Back sellout workers rights Man Boobed pie temperature critic Alien leading the ALP.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:21pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:17pm:

Yep Howard and Hawke.

Hawke was a bit all over the place would have been useless without Keating around. Your just guessing as usual.

The only one on the ALP side right now is Albanese the rest are a joke especially Kick Back sellout workers rights Man Boobed pie temperature critic Alien leading the ALP.

You're and no, not guessing.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #14 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:31pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:17pm:

Yep Howard and Hawke.

Australia's PM after election is all that , well I never

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print