Send Topic Print
Raqqa (Read 3304 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Raqqa
Feb 19th, 2018 at 9:16pm

Watching 4 Corners.

Just amazing stuff, and there are some here who ask why people want to get out of there.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2018 at 9:24pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Raqqa
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 9:43pm

And just like in Afghanistan, they let them get away.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 11:04pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 9:16pm:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/22/12/45868EF200000578-5005501-image-m-70...

Watching 4 Corners.

Just amazing stuff, and there are some here who ask why people want to get out of there.

Fight for your country, don't run away. Aren't you glad those cowardly french men and women built the resistance to help us in WW2 rather than running away? Did we we see mass exodus of the French?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 11:23pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 11:04pm:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/22/12/45868EF200000578-5005501-image-m-70...

Watching 4 Corners.

Fight for your country, don't run away. Aren't you glad those cowardly french men and women built the resistance to help us in WW2 rather than running away? Did we we see mass exodus of the French?

Many were collaborationistes ... remember the Vichy troops fought against the Allies in North Africa until persuaded to change sides, and the Vichy French fought Australians for six weeks in Syria, causing many casualties.

Je suis Inspecteur Cliche` de Le Bureau des Etandardes Deuxiemes.. ze BED ....... I know zees things.... eet ees part of our mission state-mont.....
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2018 at 3:05pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #4 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 11:29pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 11:23pm:

Watching 4 Corners.

Many were collaborationistes ... remember the Vichy troops fought against the Allies in North Africa until persuaded to change sides, and the Vichy French fought Australians for six weeks in Syria, causing many casualties.

Je suis Inspecteur Cliche` de le Bureau des Etandardes Deuxiemes.. ze BED ....... I know zees things.... eet ees part of our mission state-mont.....

Vichy France was the lower half, occupied France did not run away. Do you disagree with them fighting for their country?(Arabs I mean, like the occupied French did?)

Brits did not leave en mass to the US, they stayed and fought for their country. Have something against that one too Grap?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 4:05am

This is what radical islam has done to that country.....and we are bringing it here. Nuts...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:58am

Setanta wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 11:29pm:

Watching 4 Corners.

Je suis Inspecteur Cliche` de le Bureau des Etandardes Deuxiemes.. ze BED ....... I know zees things.... eet ees part of our mission state-mont.....

Vichy France was the lower half, occupied France did not run away. Do you disagree with them fighting for their country?(Arabs I mean, like the occupied French did?)

Brits did not leave en mass to the US, they stayed and fought for their country. Have something against that one too Grap?

If Sydney was invaded by evangelical Christians wanting to usher in a system of old testiment laws by force, I'd join a militia to hunt down and kill them and any collaborators.

IBI

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:17am

Gordon wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:58am:

Watching 4 Corners.

If Sydney was invaded by evangelical Christians wanting to usher in a system of old testiment laws by force, I'd join a militia to hunt down and kill them and any collaborators.

That would apply to any dogma not just religion.
It is already happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io_HLVYN37s

A beautiful example of Muslim tolerance and acceptance.

How can a religion hate tasty bacon ?
What has bacon got to do with spiritual enlightenment ?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:13am

Know-all - until the tide truly turned in favour of the Allies, there was very little French 'Resistance', and most simply got along with the German occupiers....

Vichy WAS the government during the occupation, and the division meant little.. and anyway the Germans took over the lot later, when the Allies began to win....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:21am

Watching 4 Corners.

thems my sentiments too... if everyone leaves at the first signs of things not going well.........god help us all..

good on all those who put their fear aside and work for whats RIGHT.....Hitler was a BULLY....he left a huge black hole on history...

seriously whos sorry the West won WW11...

imagine jackboots trampling through the Australian bush....deleting all those they didnt approve of... Angry Angry Angry

all because people ran away..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:23am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:13am:
Know-all - until the tide truly turned in favour of the Allies, there was very little French 'Resistance', and most simply got along with the German occupiers....

Vichy WAS the government during the occupation, and the division meant little.. and anyway the Germans took over the lot later, when the Allies began to win....

thats not the point grap   what was there  was fantastic and brave     not knowing who they could or couldnt trust......we have no idea really no idea at all what that must have been like...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:30am

Playing possum and waiting for the appropriate time to strike is also a valid strategy.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:34am

Gordon wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:30am:

Playing possum and waiting for the appropriate time to strike is also a valid strategy.

those early days would have been hell I have only seen old movies    but to me anyone in the underground in those times were some of the real  HEROS....I dont think they were ever given enough credit...too many of them died...working for the allies...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:01am

cods wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:34am:
Gordon wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:30am:

those early days would have been hell I have only seen old movies    but to me anyone in the underground in those times were some of the real  HEROS....I dont think they were ever given enough credit...too many of them died...working for the allies...

White mouse

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Wake

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:16am

absolutely    courage at its best..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5