Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Joyce Charged Taxpayers To See AFL Game (Read 1367 times)
RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Joyce Charged Taxpayers To See AFL Game
Reply #15 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:38am

Interesting everyone is talking about everything except Joyce attending an AFL match.

Albanese did the same, Bourke flew his family out first class to Ayers Rock ..... again White-ant is just bleating rubbish.

Attending sporting events are irrelevant unless they are in an official capacity like handing out Trophies etc.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:51am

Aussie wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 4:20pm:
Its time wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 4:17pm:
PZ547 wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 4:07pm:
Know I said I was done with this chit, but came across this

Canavan and Joyce cost us $2,476,425.00 in expenses

on top of their salary

Canavan $399,820
Joyce $473,530

Breakdown of expenses here

LINK

2.5 millllllllllllllllllion dollars , somebody say stop the waste  Shocked

I wonder what the bloated boozed bonking beetroot cost us in legal fees (High Court) and the by-election because the stupid prick can't read a simple election nomination document.

I wonder what the bloated boozed bonking beetroot cost us in legal fees (High Court) and the by-election because the stupid prick can't chose not to read a simple election nomination document.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:52am

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:38am:
Interesting everyone is talking about everything except Joyce attending an AFL match.

Albanese did the same, Bourke flew his family out first class to Ayers Rock ..... again White-ant is just bleating rubbish.

Attending sporting events are irrelevant unless they are in an official capacity like handing out Trophies etc.

I recall a lot of criticism of any politician who ABuses the system to get a free ride when it is for private business.

The rules need to be tightened up... a trip to somewhere with family is not official government business, nor is a trip for party business.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #18 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:22am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:52am:

I recall a lot of criticism of any politician who ABuses the system to get a free ride when it is for private business.

The rules need to be tightened up... a trip to somewhere with family is not official government business, nor is a trip for party business.

I prefer they just can not claim any sporting events except if its in an official capacity then they have free entry and can claim travel expenses which is often just a Com Car.

The rules are there just not enforced.
I have never seen a company policy that includes family members in ad-hoc travel so Bourke was way out of touch with commercial practice let alone society standards.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #19 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:36pm

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:08pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:52am:

Yes, the rules need to be tightened up and enforced much more rigorously. Any Parliament that thinks it's acceptable to pursue people with debt collectors over six-year-old Centrelink errors costing less than $100 should not be seen flouting its own rules for expenses.

It's a nonsense that a politician can spend most of the time on a trip on private business but get to sanctify it as "official business" by holding a quick press conference in a factory or a school to make some inconsequential announcement. Or, in some cases, by doing nothing at all.

The bloke in the car nailed it:

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:19pm

whiteknight wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 3:19pm:
Joyce charged taxpayers to see AFL game, took RAAF charter flight home   Sad
February 18 2018  New Daily

And sitting alongside him was ruckman Wayne Swan.

Wayne Swan, when acting PM in 2010, took his two children to both the AFL grand final replay and NRL grand final by VIP aircraft, costing taxpayers more than $17,000 in one weekend, according to Mr Abbott's office.

Like I keep saying we have filth in Canberra representing us.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #22 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 2:10pm

salad in wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:19pm:

Wayne Swan, when acting PM in 2010, took his two children to both the AFL grand final replay and NRL grand final by VIP aircraft, costing taxpayers more than $17,000 in one weekend, according to Mr Abbott's office.

Its typical left wing thinking of nutjobs like WhitNut

Barnaby has entered a very grey area cheated on his wife, created a job for his mistress and all the nut job can come p with an AFL match ? Bourke flew his whole family to Ayers Rock first class !

Where I draw the line is creating jobs via mates ..... sets a very poor standard for a government that sets up regulatory bodies !

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 6:14pm

salad in wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:19pm:

Salad dear, was there enough room on the seats for these well remunerted bums?

At the grand final breakfast on Saturday, Mr Buckley also joked the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade had asked the Eagles to play the AFL's exhibition match in China next year.

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten and Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull gave official speeches at the breakfast. Greens leader Richard Di Natale, Goldstein MP Tim Wilson, NSW Riverina MP Michael McCormack, Health Minister Greg Hunt and Liberal senator Jane Hume were all spotted at the MCG before kick off.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #24 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 6:40pm

cods wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 4:25pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
cods wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 3:29pm:
if you look closely crook   you will find they all do..

its part of their package dont you know?....

how come you never complained when Labor members did it  even taking all their kids..

as Leader and Dep PM  he is probably entitled to hire the plane...

I dont agree with it....but as I said most do it  if its there they take it dont they?.

it is just not the right that does it?

For a government who continuously state that we have a budget emergency, and that age of entitlement is over.  Its a bit rich to charter an ADF flight for 6000+  on tax payer's expense.

not wrong....

the left didnt mind when slipper was dishing out signed blank  charge sheets though did they???.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

what is it about little mole hills... Roll Eyes

Slipper was a Liberal when he was dishing out cheques, they didn't report him till he was no longer a liberal which was the real crime.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #25 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 6:45pm

Quote:
The Deputy Prime Minister’s expense claims have faced closer scrutiny after it was revealed he was having an affair with former staffer Vikki Campion, who is now pregnant with his child.

In other words they only check properly or report it when they want to fix someone up. Other wise it is business as usual.  wheel out those three monkeys.

How about they all get externally audited every year.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print