Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
After locking the PC, how do you open it again? (Read 2820 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: After locking the PC, how do you open it again?
Reply #30 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:48pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:39pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 4:37pm:
Why do you want to lock it anyway?
Are you protecting your chooks from objectionable material?

In most places I work its policy for me.

Herb lives with 6 choocks and a cat Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 8:14pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:48pm:

2 tom cats, one female cat, and 2 hens. Why I ever made this rod for my own back I'll never know. Bought the house and found a cat lived here. Then found an escaped chook in my backyard after neighbours had moved house. These pests became a habit, but for the most part we live separate lives except for meal times.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #32 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:38am

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:08pm:
I go away from home every few weeks for a week or so, and that's when my neighbours come in to feed the cats and chooks, etc. There's absolutely nothing on my PC I'm ashamed of, but even so, what's private should remain private.

Herbert, might be easier if you just unplug the power cord from your PC and take it with you. Smiley

cord.jpg (53 KB | 17 )
cord.jpg

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #33 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:04am

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 8:14pm:

2 tom cats, one female cat, and 2 hens. Why I ever made this rod for my own back I'll never know. Bought the house and found a cat lived here. Then found an escaped chook in my backyard after neighbours had moved house. These pests became a habit, but for the most part we live separate lives except for meal times.

You're a masochist Herb. It's all that private schooling in Hong Kong coming back to haunt you.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #34 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 6:24am

Nothing a frying pan and a dodgy Chinese restaurant could sort out.

I live near a national park we get all sorts of creatures that come around for a visit. We have a creek in our yard which seems to bring a collection of Water Dragons and frogs. I get Bandicoots coming through digging the yard up. Laureates and Cockatoos smashing my Gravilias ..... the Odd Brush Turkey the odd Blue Tongue ..... Brush Tail Possums playing on the roof ...... Bats at night ........ one day a Wallaby wondered down and got expired by a car. Came home one day to see about 5 ducks in the front yard. In Spring / Summer our garden gets flooded with butterflies.

One day we were entertaining with about 8 people on the back Balcony when Kookaburra landed on the table to join in. It hung around for about 20 minutes .... got a feed.

Pets ??? No don't need them.

The neighbours have an annoying barking little rodent dog ..... that might end up in a wheelie bin soon..... accidents do happen Smiley

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #35 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:53am

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 6:24am:

I live near a national park we get all sorts of creatures that come around for a visit. We have a creek in our yard which seems to bring a collection of Water Dragons and frogs. I get Bandicoots coming through digging the yard up. Laureates and Cockatoos smashing my Gravilias ..... the Odd Brush Turkey the odd Blue Tongue ..... Brush Tail Possums playing on the roof ...... Bats at night ........ one day a Wallaby wondered down and got expired by a car. Came home one day to see about 5 ducks in the front yard. In Spring / Summer our garden gets flooded with butterflies.

One day we were entertaining with about 8 people on the back Balcony when Kookaburra landed on the table to join in. It hung around for about 20 minutes .... got a feed.

The neighbours have an annoying barking little rodent dog ..... that might end up in a wheelie bin soon..... accidents do happen Smiley

Sounds a bit like Allambie Heights or Cromer  Smiley

BTW I know a fix for a barking dog.

IBI

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:56pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:53am:

Castration?  A high-pitched squeaky barking is not nearly as bad as a full-throated bass-baritone barking.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #37 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:05pm

Not either off those I am north of those Not much bush around Alambie but there is around Cromer .... the Monster in-law lives near there.

I have worked out how to do it legally and I have put them on informal notice and they seem to have complied ..... if not the Rat Sak is waiting in the garage..... I mean it will become formal and the council will be involved.

A guy up the road from me used a bow and arrow ..... way too much evidence if you ask me.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #38 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:08pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:56pm:

Castration?  A high-pitched squeaky barking is not nearly as bad as a full-throated bass-baritone barking.

Depends which end you cut off and what you use I would prefer a big machete just to make sure it stops barking. But again too much crime scene to clean up.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:18pm

There are electronic devices that send off a soundless-to-human ears high-pitched noise that irritates dogs every time they bark. You attach it to something on your own property that overlooks where your neighbour's dog is barking.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #40 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:24pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
There are electronic devices that send off a soundless-to-human ears high-pitched noise that irritates dogs every time they bark. You attach it to something on your own property that overlooks where your neighbour's dog is barking.

Sounds like an idea might buy one an shove the invoice down the neighbours throat ! He is the one that bought the stupid thing !

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #41 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:27pm

Nup. I knew a guy who lived in a terrace and the people next door were old dears with a very anxious and yappy dog that yapped all night.

He went thru every avenue for them to keep it quiet at night short of legal action, which he didn't want to do because they were frail oldies.

His solution, a bit of diazepam crushed into a small ball of chicken mince tossed over the fence a couple of times a week.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #42 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:31pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:05pm:

Not either off those I am north of those Not much bush around Alambie but there is around Cromer .... the Monster in-law lives near there.

The part of Lambie that backs onto the Manly dam looks nice.

IBI

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #43 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:39pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:31pm:
RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:05pm:

The part of Lambie that backs onto the Manly dam looks nice.

I can't believe they water sky in that pond ..... there are some good mountain bike tracks around there.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #44 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:41pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:27pm:

Nup. I knew a guy who lived in a terrace and the people next door were old dears with a very anxious and yappy dog that yapped all night.

He went thru every avenue for them to keep it quiet at night short of legal action, which he didn't want to do because they were frail oldies.

His solution, a bit of diazepam crushed into a small ball of chicken mince tossed over the fence a couple of times a week.

No I think the Rat SaK will work faster not interested in turning the mutt into a junkie !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print