New mod required (Read 6473 times)
Nom de Plume
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New mod required
Feb 18th, 2018 at 6:19pm

Quote:
Sappho said...

It is time for a new moderator to grace the Atheist, members board. I have been gone far too long and whilst, in my absence, the forum has run smoothly, the appearance of the wondrously clever and beautiful, Nom de Plume, and the ongoing absence of the equally enticing Me, has left the forum unmoderated. Let us all give another the chance to hold the reigns, to realise their vision and put their influence upon fellow Atheist 

IP Logged

Nom de Plume
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: New mod required
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:34am

Poll added

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:59pm

If the Sappho quote is genuine, and I doubt it, anyone who would actually want to moderate the Atheism Forum would have to be ready for dulls-ville.

It comes down to this: they believe in God or they don't, or they are agnostic. I reject all three, and the atheists don't give a damn anyway. Then the new mod is going to have to read through reams of tripe from, Taverner, Capisanora, Bobby, Sunlightboy, Yadda, Brian, Gandalf, Scoot and slew of other fruitcakes who insist they have inside information on the true nature of the Cosmos. Yep, God chose them for special treatment. How bloody dull!

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:00am

issuevoter wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:59pm:
If the Sappho quote is genuine, and I doubt it, anyone who would actually want to moderate the Atheism Forum would have to be ready for dulls-ville.

It comes down to this: they believe in God or they don't, or they are agnostic. I reject all three, and the atheists don't give a damn anyway. Then the new mod is going to have to read through reams of tripe from, Taverner, Capisanora, Bobby, Sunlightboy, Yadda, Brian, Gandalf, Scoot and slew of other fruitcakes who insist they have inside information on the true nature of the Cosmos. Yep, God chose them for special treatment. How bloody dull!

I nominate you, Issue. It's my revenge for you not nominating yourself for GMod in what seems a lifetime ago when I asked you to which may have saved me from this purgatory...
May you rot in hell! Grin

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 6:16am

Please remove me from your list of fruitcakes.

forgiven

namaste   
रति

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 3:29pm

seriously isnt Atheism a form of religion anyway??

do we really need a board on this ....

may as well have one on fairytales....

I am still waiting for my prince charming btw.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 9:31am

IV you could make all kinds of culinary type topics out of atheism- like a pigs head sacrifice in aspic with sauerkraut and potatoes or a burnt sacrifice made from pork chops with a mango salsa  etc et al- or you could make a secret garden where witch's and warlocks conjured up spells and drink aged dutch beer brewed in mash tuns from days of yore~ atheism need not be boring or dull

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:32am

Agnes wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 9:31am:

IV you could make all kinds of culinary type topics out of atheism- like a pigs head sacrifice in aspic with sauerkraut and potatoes or a burnt sacrifice made from pork chops with a mango salsa  etc et al- or you could make a secret garden where witch's and warlocks conjured up spells and drink aged dutch beer brewed in mash tuns from days of yore~ atheism need not be boring or dull

Now that's more like it. I commend you, but the problem with atheism will always be a belief allowing itself to be defined by what it does not believe. Philosophically, you'd be better off saving virgins from being thrown into volcanoes.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 3:03pm

issuevoter wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:32am:

Now that's more like it. I commend you, but the problem with atheism will always be a belief allowing itself to be defined by what it does not believe. Philosophically, you'd be better off saving virgins from being thrown into volcanoes.

You likely would have had no idea Mr Voter, but that was Agnes taking a cheap shot at Monk.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 3:57pm

I think Nail would be a good candidate.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 4:00pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 3:03pm:
issuevoter wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:32am:

You likely would have had no idea Mr Voter, but that was Agnes taking a cheap shot at Monk.

I guess she learned that from you having shots at her and cods  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:51am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 3:57pm:

I would vote for him to moderate this sub forum

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:11pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:51am:
Bobby. wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 3:57pm:

I would vote for him to moderate this sub forum

I will try to get him to nominate.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 10:08am

cods wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 3:29pm:
seriously isnt Atheism a form of religion anyway??

No Cods it isn't. It's the ABSENCE of religion
The clue is in the name
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2018 at 10:46am by The_Barnacle »  

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 9:42pm

Atheism is
ANTI
religion.

Atheism is not PRO anything.
Just very ANTI religion.

Think of a person on the field who's only job is to take you out with a head-high tackle. That person does nothing else on the field. Just there to make sure you can't play.

Atheism is a flawed and default existence of being and relies heavily on Religion for its existence ...ironically.

Beyond this - Atheism is more or less a 'hitman' for Science against Religion.
Atheists wear black skivvys, drink café-lattes, have hipster beards now and are totally dependent on the Media circus.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print