Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
This guy should be banned for life ! (Read 6793 times)
Black Orchid
Gold Member

Re: This guy should be banned for life !
Reply #30 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 3:47pm

The problem is that most people who have killed or maimed others on the roads also think that they have acute multi-tasking skills.

It only takes a split second for something disastrous to happen and if you are on the phone at that precise moment you are behind the eight ball reaction wise.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 3:53pm

Black Orchid wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 3:47pm:
The problem is that most people who have killed or maimed others on the roads also think that they have acute multi-tasking skills.

It only takes a split second for something disastrous to happen and if you are on the phone at that precise moment you are behind the eight ball reaction wise.

Really?  Got a link which supports that?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #32 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 4:21pm

I'm not talking about texting when you're traveling at 30 meters per second.

Managing a phone conversation in normal follow the leader Sydney traffic isn't too hard.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 4:26pm

Gnads wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 7:35am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 11:56am:
cods wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 11:36am:
its a shocker isnt it....so cruel so unnecessary 

one lost a leg   how bloody devastating.....

I dont know what the answer is... believe me taking away a licence doesnt keep them off the road...

maybe its time they came up with a phone that doesnt work inside a moving vehicle....

my heart goes out to these cops...

That's exactly what's needed.

As soon as the engine starts, it blocks all signals to the phone.

Is that necessary? .... every vehicle should have "bluetooth".

Hands free operation.

Even my last portable GPS has bluetooth & voice command.

Maybe phone operation could be disabled unless it's in a cradle & connected to bluetooth.

seriously what about pictures!!!!!  I believe this guy was looking at pictures...make them the phones unusable... unless the engine is switched off..

mobile phones are new....they havent been in use all that long....what did people do before ??? thats right they drove  quite well without having 24/7 communication.....IT WORKED...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 4:29pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 4:21pm:

Managing a phone conversation in normal follow the leader Sydney traffic isn't too hard.

it is still a distraction......I wonder if firebrigade drivers are allowed a mobile phone.. what about our ambulance drivers... bus drivers taxi drivers....even police... is it ok for all them to use their mobile phones???????

it would appear we cant live without being on them 24/7..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 4:50pm

I've seen firies, ambos and coppers all driving while on their phone.  They get off because they are 'on duty.'

Pig's arse.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 4:51pm

I'm with cods on this, 100%.

She's talking sense, guys.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:03pm

True and hands free is little different to talking to passengers or having fussy kids in the back of the car but, as usual, it is the few that dictate to the many.

I can only comment on Sydney traffic but there are SO many really really bad drivers in Sydney and half of them have their heads down.

I don't know how many times I have had to toot the person in front of me at traffic lights when the lights turn green because they have their head down looking at their phone.   They finally move through the amber and I get stuck with a red again.

It can easily cause road rage too.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:04pm

cods wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 4:26pm:
mobile phones are new....they havent been in use all that long....what did people do before ??? thats right they drove  quite well without having 24/7 communication.....IT WORKED...

Smiley

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #39 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:05pm

Depends on the conversation, I guess you could text while waiting at lights but unless its urgent not really needed.

I often have to dial into big meetings when I am out and about ..... most of them I might talk for a few minutes but I am mostly just listening. Means I can leave work early..

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:06pm

cods wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 4:29pm:

Yes and it is particularly irritating having to suffer listening to many different conversations in public places when you just want to think your own thoughts OR eat your dinner in peace.

There is absolutely no valid reason to text whilst driving.   If you absolutely NEED to text   ...   PULL OVER!!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #41 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:11pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:05pm:

Depends on the conversation, I guess you could text while waiting at lights but unless its urgent not really needed.

I often have to dial into big meetings when I am out and about ..... most of them I might talk for a few minutes but I am mostly just listening. Means I can leave work early..

Yup. A complicated technical discussion on the M5, not good. Hey I'm 15 late, see you soon, no probs.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:13pm

Black Orchid wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:06pm:
cods wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 4:29pm:

Yes and it is particularly irritating having to suffer listening to many different conversations in public places when you just want to think your own thoughts OR eat your dinner in peace.

There is absolutely no valid reason to text whilst driving.   If you absolutely NEED to text   ...   PULL OVER!!

this young cop has lost his foot   thanks to someone who broke the law...

it is after all against the law to use a phone on the road....

at the end of the day   this could have been anyone!!!..

3 lives ruined    for what??????? Angry Angry

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #43 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:15pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:11pm:

Yup. A complicated technical discussion on the M5, not good. Hey I'm 15 late, see you soon, no probs.

Only 15 minute late on the M5 that is very good when it clogs up its a disaster area.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #44 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:20pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:15pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:11pm:

Only 15 minute late on the M5 that is very good when it clogs up its a disaster area.

Have you noticed the different vibe on the M5? So agro.

I call the M5 tunnel the tunnel to Mordor

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print