Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Motivated straight from the verses of Quran (Read 7058 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Motivated straight from the verses of Quran
Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:13pm

Here we have it folks, an open and shut case.

Khaja himself had said he was motivated not by watching YouTube videos but "straight from the verses of Quran".

The facial expression of a would-be terrorist talking about killing as many innocent people as he could was "like he was planning a picnic", according to a Sydney judge.

Tamim Khaja, 20, who has pleaded guilty to doing an act in preparation for, or planning a terrorist act, had been to scope out potential target buildings in Sydney including the Parramatta District Court precinct and Timor Army Barracks.

At his sentencing hearing in the Supreme Court at Parramatta on Friday, Justice Desmond Fagan referred to surveillance footage of Khaja speaking with two undercover police officers.

"He is filmed talking to people he thought were of the same ideology as he directs them to Timor Barracks at Dundas, and his facial expression when talking about killing as many innocent people as he could was very much like he was planning a picnic," the judge said.

Justice Fagan described the then-teenager's face as expressionless - as it was when he spoke about having a large enough car to drive into people.

"He does seem in a state of a possessed religious fanaticism, devoid of empathy or humanity," the judge said.

He also stressed that the Muslim religion was not on trial but, as sentencing judge, he had to try and identify the source of Khaja's "depraved belief".

Khaja himself had said he was motivated not by watching YouTube videos but "straight from the verses of Quran".

At his sentence hearing on Friday, the prosecutor tendered an agreed statement of facts.

It includes numerous comments he made on an encrypted messaging application and during meetings with the two undercover officers.

In May 2016, he met the pair at Parramatta and they drove to the Pirtek Stadium car park in that suburb.

"For an attack like this is taken in Australia akhi (brother), it would weaken the Australian government so much," Khaja said.

"So that's why I am saying when I say maximum fire, I mean to take down as many of them down as I can, and at the end when I see that there's too many I will take myself with them as well."

He later said police officers were the best targets but it needn't be them.

"Honestly my heart is leaning towards the court."

Later Khaja said he would keep in mind that "it's happening for the sake of Allah" if anyone comes in his way.

"So I'm not going to stop firing. I'm not going to stop firing wallahi (I swear to Allah).

"If there's like a two-month-old baby, or someone holding a baby, I'm just trying to think if that's true, I wouldn't buckle in that situation akhi.

"No, I wouldn't buckle.

"There's no turning back akhi."

The hearing is continuing.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/terrorist-talk-was-like-planning-a-picnic-judge-201802...

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Motivated straight from the verses of Quran
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:13pm

I wonder what mosque they went to?

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:42pm

Another Australian terrorist, just for Brian.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:45pm

freediver wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:42pm:
Another Australian terrorist, just for Brian.

If I'm not mistaken that photo was taken from Watsons Bay.  Pricks.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 8:29pm

Oh dear

Australia has been "under attack" from a group of Muslim men wanting "to kill as many unbelievers as they can" for about 15 years, a Supreme Court judge has said.

Sitting at Sydney West Trial Courts at Parramatta, Justice Fagan referred to verses in the Koran which he said described the duty of "a Muslim to wage Jihad".

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-16/australia-under-attack-by-a-group-of-mu...

IBI

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 8:32pm

Fkkn muslims and their ideology.
He won't be the last.

Good on the judge too. Speak up and be heard.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 6:19am

Gordon wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 8:29pm:
Oh dear

Australia has been "under attack" from a group of Muslim men wanting "to kill as many unbelievers as they can" for about 15 years, a Supreme Court judge has said.

Sitting at Sydney West Trial Courts at Parramatta, Justice Fagan referred to verses in the Koran which he said described the duty of "a Muslim to wage Jihad".

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-16/australia-under-attack-by-a-group-of-mu...

What a croc

He said he was not making generalisations about Islamic beliefs and that his courtroom was "not a forum for the rights and wrongs of the Islam or Christian religions".

Firstly there is people with no religion and many other religions.

The crimes were religiously motivated and beyond that the judge should say zip ! The religion in question was Islam .... these are facts, not interested in a judges opinion just their interpretation of the facts WRT the law !

Crimes abusing religious dogma of any kind should get double the sentence. In their minds the crimes were justified by defending Islam (or their interpretation) which in law means your showing no remorse ! Hence you need to get at least the maximum.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #7 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 6:33am

Quote:
   He also stressed that the Muslim religion was not on trial but, as sentencing judge, he had to try and identify the source of Khaja's "depraved belief".      

Of course this CULT is on trial.
It is a brutal, barbaric, primitive, evil CULT the roots of which are in a self confessed paedophile, retarded nutcase sociopath.

This CULT must be eradicated

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 6:49am

Valkie wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 6:33am:
Quote:

Of course this CULT is on trial.
It is a brutal, barbaric, primitive, evil CULT the roots of which are in a self confessed paedophile, retarded nutcase sociopath.

This CULT must be eradicated

Yes - it's a war on terrorism.

They should be put against a wall and shot.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 7:23am

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 6:19am:
Gordon wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 8:29pm:
Oh dear

What a croc

He said he was not making generalisations about Islamic beliefs and that his courtroom was "not a forum for the rights and wrongs of the Islam or Christian religions".

Firstly there is people with no religion and many other religions.

The crimes were religiously motivated and beyond that the judge should say zip ! The religion in question was Islam .... these are facts, not interested in a judges opinion just their interpretation of the facts WRT the law !

Crimes abusing religious dogma of any kind should get double the sentence. In their minds the crimes were justified by defending Islam (or their interpretation) which in law means your showing no remorse ! Hence you need to get at least the maximum.

Why did the judge refer to those verses at all?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #10 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 7:47am

Look at the eyes on this guy - he's a stoner for sure.... one way or another....

Lock the Gates!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #11 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 8:01am

Inb4 bwian "tsk tsk dearie me, he's just misunderstood"  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #12 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 8:50am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 7:47am:
Look at the eyes on this guy - he's a stoner for sure.... one way or another....

Lock the Gates
!

And throw away the key...... Cool

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #13 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 9:29am

The response is always the same. His interpretation of the Koran was wrong. SBS is now touting a show about Muzlims where one of the faithful says its the individual that defines the religion, not the religion that defines the individual. So now we have a situation where these people think they can make it up as the they go along, and avoid association with the atrocities in the public perception.

Just how one remains a Muzlim without the Koran is anyone's guess, but if you were conned into believing that rubbish to begin with, you are going to look for self-esteem anyway you can get it.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 10:36am

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print