Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 50
Send Topic Print
Yet another US school shooting. (Read 15172 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Yet another US school shooting.
Reply #255 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:20pm

aquascoot wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:58am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:36am:
aquascoot wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:29am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:48am:
aquascoot wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:03am:
touched a nerve did i ? Wink

Yeah you did.  The crap you posts hold people back and your incapable of following your own advice about personal responsibility.

Only thing I hate more than a wilfully ignorant person is a hypocrite.

the leftard always thinks they have the answer.
usually more government regulation .
the answer is always to put more emphasis on the individual.
the leftard doesnt like the individual because he has a lust for totalitarian control.
thankfully the american constitution places the INDIVIDUAL at the centre of the system and not the ruling elite .
so no one person in a position of power can mess the place up too badly.
thank god for that Wink Wink

Your problem is you define the "individual" as what is best for people like you, not the collective individual.  If you're the wrong race or sex too bad.

The leftards you hate so much don't want to leave anyone behind and want equality and an equal playing field for all.  The equality part aside, the level playing field is as a conservative notion as ever because someone's success is 100% dependant on them and the work they put in.

But for some reason once others are given the same opportunity as the conservatives and those who hate the left, they start to lose their mind talking about big government interference and nanny states etc.

You can't win with that level of stupidity.

This is at odds with your alpha bullshit you go on about too because the very notion of there being an alpha implies that this individual holds authority over others, much like a ruling elite.

Your message is so mixed I don't even think you understand what you're trying to say.  You've spun this web to help you run from responsibility by blaming everyone else which is again a notion against the other positions you claim to hold or at least demand of others.

You can blame the leftards, you can blame the feminists but first mate get your poo together.

what the hell is the "collective individual" .  that sounds like an idea straight out of "animal farm"  Wink

Think about it. What suits you doesn't suit me, or others, We all have individual needs.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #256 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:52pm

Raven wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:38am:
Richdude wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:04am:
An issue which is never discussed yet is a common denominator at all these tragic events is drugs.

All these killers were using or had been using psychiatric medications. Of course main stream media will not touch this aspect but its a crucial factor.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-02-16-psych-drug-shooters-florida-school-shoote...

Got a better link? Page not found.

Sure!

Here you go.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-02-16-psych-drug-shooters-florida-school-shooter-was-on-medication-reports-miami-herald-just-like-nearly-all-the-others.html

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #257 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:57pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:20pm:
aquascoot wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:58am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:36am:
aquascoot wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:29am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:48am:
aquascoot wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:03am:
touched a nerve did i ? Wink

Yeah you did.  The crap you posts hold people back and your incapable of following your own advice about personal responsibility.

Only thing I hate more than a wilfully ignorant person is a hypocrite.

the leftard always thinks they have the answer.
usually more government regulation .
the answer is always to put more emphasis on the individual.
the leftard doesnt like the individual because he has a lust for totalitarian control.
thankfully the american constitution places the INDIVIDUAL at the centre of the system and not the ruling elite .
so no one person in a position of power can mess the place up too badly.
thank god for that Wink Wink

Your problem is you define the "individual" as what is best for people like you, not the collective individual.  If you're the wrong race or sex too bad.

The leftards you hate so much don't want to leave anyone behind and want equality and an equal playing field for all.  The equality part aside, the level playing field is as a conservative notion as ever because someone's success is 100% dependant on them and the work they put in.

But for some reason once others are given the same opportunity as the conservatives and those who hate the left, they start to lose their mind talking about big government interference and nanny states etc.

You can't win with that level of stupidity.

This is at odds with your alpha bullshit you go on about too because the very notion of there being an alpha implies that this individual holds authority over others, much like a ruling elite.

Your message is so mixed I don't even think you understand what you're trying to say.  You've spun this web to help you run from responsibility by blaming everyone else which is again a notion against the other positions you claim to hold or at least demand of others.

You can blame the leftards, you can blame the feminists but first mate get your poo together.

what the hell is the "collective individual" .  that sounds like an idea straight out of "animal farm"  Wink

Think about it. What suits you doesn't suit me, or others, We all have individual needs.

Obviously, and I worded that very poorly.

What I meant was that those who often call them selves the party of personal responsibility only seem to want that when they and those like them have all the advantages. 

The idea of a level playing field (as in equality) all of a sudden is Government Interferrence and too much regulation when all it's really doing is pushing the burden of success more to the individual.

It's clear they those like this want to claim to be self made and that those who envy them simply have their hands out and don't work hard enough, but once the notion of having to compete with those with their "hands out" on a level playing field they lose their minds.

They preach one message on one hand but just selfishly want what is best for them.

What is best for the "individual" is just what is best for them personally, even better if that hurts others.

The difference is the traditional left (don't get me starting on the loony element of the left...) want to removing the barriers and allow everyone to have the same chances in life.  It's not about keeping other groups down for their own benefit.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #258 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:17pm

Richdude wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:52pm:
Raven wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:38am:
Richdude wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:04am:
An issue which is never discussed yet is a common denominator at all these tragic events is drugs.

All these killers were using or had been using psychiatric medications. Of course main stream media will not touch this aspect but its a crucial factor.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-02-16-psych-drug-shooters-florida-school-shoote...

Got a better link? Page not found.

Sure!

Here you go.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-02-16-psych-drug-shooters-florida-school-shooter-was-on-medication-reports-miami-herald-just-like-nearly-all-the-others.html

Ummm natural news?

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/NaturalNews

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #259 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 3:40am

Richdude wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:52pm:

LOL! Oh Putin, you scrumming at Natural News now? smacking-A that is desperate. If you're going to Google your arguments, at least choose a site that doesn't promote the idea that apostrophes should be randomly scattered throughout a text. It's clear why you trolls are afraid of people who understand how ideas work. Most people who passed ninth-grade English could write an article more clear and articulate than Natural News.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #260 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 3:55am

Meanwhile, here's an interesting story: Appears the city of Dallas has told the NRA to go eat a dick:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dallas-city-official-calls-on-nra-move-co...

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #261 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 5:22am

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #262 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:09pm

'It's not worth a single life': US gun owner saws rifle into pieces    One US Gun Owner who recognises the dangers of firearms.    Cool

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #263 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:24pm

So how many school shootings have they had this year?

This website says 8- https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/01/us/school-shootings-in-2018/index.html

This website says 18 this year, it includes a suicide outside a school that had no students or teachers this school had been closed for 7 months.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #264 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 12:40am

Reaping the whirlwind
February 16, 2018 – 3:19 pm

It’s happened again: a massacre at a school, a shock of grief and horror and powerlessness in the face of evil, and a spasm of reaction on the part of hoplophobes, sheltered liberals, mainstream media, and Democrat opportunists (a Venn diagram with extensive overlap) to demonize gun-rights advocates and to call for government to “do something”. That “something” invariably involves, in some way or other, a wish to make guns, especially scary-looking ones, go away, no matter how irrational that is, how much it involves the abrogation of essential rights, how practically and politically impossible, and, ultimately, how ineffective such an attempt would be.

The one thing that could actually work: protect the schools. We protect our banks, celebrities, and politicians with guns. We protect our children with… signs.

I’ve written again and again about this. I’ve offered some excellent links for the reader, and will give you a few of them again at the end of this post. I also encourage you to look over our collected posts on the topic, here.

I’m not going to rehearse all of that now. But I will quote something I wrote back in October, after the Las Vegas massacre:

I am 61 years old. I grew up in a rural area of west-central New Jersey. When I was a boy, all the households around me had a gun or two. We boys used to stack up hay-bales and put targets on them (a charcoal briquette was a favorite choice) to shoot at with a .22. Schools and scout-troops often had rifle ranges; I myself got a marksmanship Merit Badge while at summer camp with the Boy Scouts. I don’t recall being aware of any gun laws at all; you could buy ammo at the general store. (Gun safety was a big deal, though, and kids were taught to handle firearms carefully and respectfully.)

This was the state of normal (non-urban, middle-class, predominantly white) American culture half a century ago. Guns were an unexceptional part of that bygone world, and were easily accessible to all of us (you could order pretty much any gun you liked through the mail, by sending cash in an envelope!). Somehow, though, we hardly ever murdered each other, and mass shootings were very, very rare.

Something has changed, obviously. And it isn’t access to guns.

To those on the Left, shrieking for the government to make the pain stop by exerting more control — you celebrities, politicians, editors, and yes, you goodthinkful liberals that I know personally here in New York, many of whom I have called friends — I’ll say this:

While you were, over the last half-century, systematically destroying, displacing, denouncing, and dismantling the historic American nation and its civil society — all moral norms, every basis of public commonality, all respect for our history and heritage, public expression of religion, the nuclear family, sexual restraint, and every natural structure and category and hierarchy that held civilization together and gave young people a framework within which to learn dignity and duty and gratitude and belonging and meaning and self-control — while you were doing all that, what did you think was going to happen? And now you want to “fix” the moral and social wreckage you’ve created by disarming us against your future predations upon our rights, our culture, and upon the society we still hope, against hope, to restore and preserve?

Go to hell. This sickness is your fault, not ours. You will not degrade us any longer. If you want our arms, come and take them.

Some links:

‣   Larry Correia’s outstanding essay covering all parts of the gun-control argument.

‣   Five Thirty Eight: Mass Shootings Are A Bad Way To Understand Gun Violence.

‣   “I used to think gun control was the answer. My research told me otherwise.”
Posted by Malcolm on at 3:19 pm, filed under Guns. RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #265 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 12:56am

Quote:

Obviously, and I worded that very poorly.

Actually you worded it perfectly. The individual in society should be subservient to the whole of society in your view. It is clear that controlling the individual for the good of those with power is the best system.

Parents are to blame for these shootings, little princes and princesses  who are given everything their little hearts desire to the point that nothing has value. Because of legal liability the adults let the children run the schools. The boys are raised like girls and some act out in violent ways. Participation trophy, coloring books  and safe spaces for our little masters. Most can't fix or build anything and are so obese they don't care to!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #266 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:49am

Mortdooley wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 12:40am:
Reaping the whirlwind
February 16, 2018 – 3:19 pm

It’s happened again: a massacre at a school, a shock of grief and horror and powerlessness in the face of evil, and a spasm of reaction on the part of hoplophobes, sheltered liberals, mainstream media, and Democrat opportunists (a Venn diagram with extensive overlap) to demonize gun-rights advocates and to call for government to “do something”. That “something” invariably involves, in some way or other, a wish to make guns, especially scary-looking ones, go away, no matter how irrational that is, how much it involves the abrogation of essential rights, how practically and politically impossible, and, ultimately, how ineffective such an attempt would be.

The one thing that could actually work: protect the schools. We protect our banks, celebrities, and politicians with guns. We protect our children with… signs.

I’ve written again and again about this. I’ve offered some excellent links for the reader, and will give you a few of them again at the end of this post. I also encourage you to look over our collected posts on the topic, here.

I’m not going to rehearse all of that now. But I will quote something I wrote back in October, after the Las Vegas massacre:

I am 61 years old. I grew up in a rural area of west-central New Jersey. When I was a boy, all the households around me had a gun or two. We boys used to stack up hay-bales and put targets on them (a charcoal briquette was a favorite choice) to shoot at with a .22. Schools and scout-troops often had rifle ranges; I myself got a marksmanship Merit Badge while at summer camp with the Boy Scouts. I don’t recall being aware of any gun laws at all; you could buy ammo at the general store. (Gun safety was a big deal, though, and kids were taught to handle firearms carefully and respectfully.)

This was the state of normal (non-urban, middle-class, predominantly white) American culture half a century ago. Guns were an unexceptional part of that bygone world, and were easily accessible to all of us (you could order pretty much any gun you liked through the mail, by sending cash in an envelope!). Somehow, though, we hardly ever murdered each other, and mass shootings were very, very rare.

Something has changed, obviously. And it isn’t access to guns.

To those on the Left, shrieking for the government to make the pain stop by exerting more control — you celebrities, politicians, editors, and yes, you goodthinkful liberals that I know personally here in New York, many of whom I have called friends — I’ll say this:

While you were, over the last half-century, systematically destroying, displacing, denouncing, and dismantling the historic American nation and its civil society — all moral norms, every basis of public commonality, all respect for our history and heritage, public expression of religion, the nuclear family, sexual restraint, and every natural structure and category and hierarchy that held civilization together and gave young people a framework within which to learn dignity and duty and gratitude and belonging and meaning and self-control — while you were doing all that, what did you think was going to happen? And now you want to “fix” the moral and social wreckage you’ve created by disarming us against your future predations upon our rights, our culture, and upon the society we still hope, against hope, to restore and preserve?

Go to hell. This sickness is your fault, not ours. You will not degrade us any longer. If you want our arms, come and take them.

Some links:

‣   Larry Correia’s outstanding essay covering all parts of the gun-control argument.

‣   Five Thirty Eight: Mass Shootings Are A Bad Way To Understand Gun Violence.

‣   “I used to think gun control was the answer. My research told me otherwise.”
Posted by Malcolm on at 3:19 pm, filed under Guns. RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

'mass shootings didnt used to happen back in my day'.

what crap!  Biggest mass shooting in a school was 1927

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #267 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:59am

Mortdooley wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 12:40am:

We are, asshole

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #268 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:12am

dear Marla,
all you can do is barricade yourself inside your place and stick to your guns.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #269 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:36am

Blooby,

All you can do is look for a job and contribute something to society.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 50
Send Topic Print