Send Topic Print
Houso Fraud (Read 4894 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Houso Fraud
Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:52am

I've heard of dozens of cases like this, what a tax burden.

Typical houso scum.

Mother and daughter 'sublet Sirius unit for years, made $147k'

A mother and daughter have been accused in court of subletting their housing commission accommodation in the famed Sirius building and pocketing nearly $150,000 over five years.

It is alleged they moved out of their subsidised harbourside housing commission home and were subletting it to make thousands in extra cash.

Genute Balsiene, aged 62, and her daughter Saule Baslyte have been charged with dozens of counts of fraudulently failing to notify NSW Housing of a change in circumstances, including that they had moved out and were charging new tenants rent to live in their subsidised home.

They have pleaded not guilty.

Ms Balsiene moved into the Sirius in 2007, receiving subsidised housing.

But court documents allege that Ms Balsiene and Ms Baslyte moved out of Sirius as long ago as 2012. By 2013 it’s alleged they had begun subletting it to earn extra income while they lived in the Blue Mountains, on the Central Coast and in Chatswood.

In 2012, court documents allege they “wilfully failed to notify the NSW Land and Housing Corporation of a change in circumstances with intent to obtain or claim from the Corporation accommodation” at the Sirius building and intended to “deceive” the Corporation concerning their accommodation with the intent to affect the rate or amount of rental rebate so as to avoid cancellation or adjustment of the rebate.

The court documents also allege they “were not occupying the property, did not require public housing and were living in … Wentworth Falls”.

It's alleged that by 2013, they were charging a tenant $400 per week to live in their Sirius flat and by 2014, when they had moved to The Entrance on the Central Coast, they were charging a new tenant $600.

In 2015, they are alleged to have moved to Chatswood and were charging $600 for someone to live in their subsidised Sirius accommodation.

The court documents allege they earned as much as $700 per week for the flat at times, making a total of $147,000.

NSW Housing says it began investigating in 2015.

It trawled through bank accounts and real estate records to discover where they were living.

Ms Balsiene was also working as a cleaner to add to the household income.

The pair faced a hearing in the Downing Centre Local Court on Wednesday.

Their solicitor made an application for the matter to be dismissed on psychological grounds which the magistrate dismissed.

A NSW Housing Commission solicitor Nathan Cureton gave evidence that Ms Baslyte applied to a real estate for a flat in Chatswood in which she asked for her name not to be included on the tenancy agreement.

The matter has been adjourned until April.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/mother-and-daughter-sublet-sirius-unit-for-years-made-...

IBI

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Houso Fraud
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:54am

It happens all the time.

We should be a lot tougher with housos, it's a priviledge not a right.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 12:18pm

Usual Suspects...... not many 'housos' actually can afford to do that...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 12:50pm

Scum.
How the hell are they going to pay it back? They're houso's.

Take everyrhing they have and throw them in jail.
They would not be the only case out there either. Intent to rip off tax payers. Housing comission for general joe should be in industrial estates etc. that way it is not nice and some of them will show initiative and get a stable income and get their own place.
Scum.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:31pm

The only question I have is why would the government own such a property ?
Stick them out the back of Penrith !
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:00pm by RightSaidFred »  

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:38pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:31pm:
Stick out the back of Penrith !

Thank gawd that building is empty now.

I know of people who have planned their life to eventually be eligible for a houso.

IBI

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:59pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:38pm:

I know of people who have planned their life to eventually be eligible for a houso.

I assume the vast majority of Houso's don't officially work so they can live any where, I would prefer the back of Bourke but Penrith will do rents are at least half of anything close to the city.

Yes South West Sydney is full what is called the Intergenerational  Welfare recipients prefers to live,  some families have 3 generations or more of being on welfare .... apparently they teach their kids how to work the system.

This is a real foreign concept to me, I was brought up in a low income area with a Father who ran a very successful construction company. At 15 I use to do weekends and Holiday work. He instructed the foremen to kick our ar$es if we were bludging. One time I worked 4 weeks straight put on about 10Kg's. I was a strong kid to start with.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:05pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:59pm:

I assume the vast majority of Houso's don't officially work so they can live any where, I would prefer the back of Bourke but Penrith will do rents are at least half of anything close to the city.

Yes South West Sydney is full what is called the Intergenerational  Welfare recipients prefers to live,  some families have 3 generations or more of being on welfare .... apparently they teach their kids how to work the system.

This is a real foreign concept to me, I was brought up in a low income area with a Father who ran a very successful construction company. At 15 I use to do weekends and Holiday work. He instructed the foremen to kick our ar$es if we were bludging. One time I worked 4 weeks straight put on about 10Kg's. I was a strong kid to start with.

I've actually heard 2 single mothers discussing how may kids they should have to get the max benifits.

They said 4 is best if you have a grandparent to help but the concensus is 3.

IBI

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:10pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:05pm:

I've actually heard 2 single mothers discussing how may kids they should have to get the max benifits.

Apparently the magic number is 7 after that no more welfare. I guess these life style technologists would do the maths on all the costs as well.   

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:14pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:05pm:

Apparently the magic number is 7 after that no more welfare. I guess these life style technologists would do the maths on all the costs as well.   

3 was to get the money while still being able to get to the pub once in a while.

Anyone know what a single mum gets for 3 or 4 kids?

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:21pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:52am:

Typical houso scum.

Mother and daughter 'sublet Sirius unit for years, made $147k'

A mother and daughter have been accused in court of subletting their housing commission accommodation in the famed Sirius building and pocketing nearly $150,000 over five years.

It is alleged they moved out of their subsidised harbourside housing commission home and were subletting it to make thousands in extra cash.

Genute Balsiene, aged 62, and her daughter Saule Baslyte have been charged with dozens of counts of fraudulently failing to notify NSW Housing of a change in circumstances, including that they had moved out and were charging new tenants rent to live in their subsidised home.

They have pleaded not guilty.

Ms Balsiene moved into the Sirius in 2007, receiving subsidised housing.

But court documents allege that Ms Balsiene and Ms Baslyte moved out of Sirius as long ago as 2012. By 2013 it’s alleged they had begun subletting it to earn extra income while they lived in the Blue Mountains, on the Central Coast and in Chatswood.

In 2012, court documents allege they “wilfully failed to notify the NSW Land and Housing Corporation of a change in circumstances with intent to obtain or claim from the Corporation accommodation” at the Sirius building and intended to “deceive” the Corporation concerning their accommodation with the intent to affect the rate or amount of rental rebate so as to avoid cancellation or adjustment of the rebate.

The court documents also allege they “were not occupying the property, did not require public housing and were living in … Wentworth Falls”.

It's alleged that by 2013, they were charging a tenant $400 per week to live in their Sirius flat and by 2014, when they had moved to The Entrance on the Central Coast, they were charging a new tenant $600.

In 2015, they are alleged to have moved to Chatswood and were charging $600 for someone to live in their subsidised Sirius accommodation.

The court documents allege they earned as much as $700 per week for the flat at times, making a total of $147,000.

NSW Housing says it began investigating in 2015.

It trawled through bank accounts and real estate records to discover where they were living.

Ms Balsiene was also working as a cleaner to add to the household income.

The pair faced a hearing in the Downing Centre Local Court on Wednesday.

Their solicitor made an application for the matter to be dismissed on psychological grounds which the magistrate dismissed.

A NSW Housing Commission solicitor Nathan Cureton gave evidence that Ms Baslyte applied to a real estate for a flat in Chatswood in which she asked for her name not to be included on the tenancy agreement.

The matter has been adjourned until April.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/mother-and-daughter-sublet-sirius-unit-for-years-made-...

Sorry .... but they are not "typical Houso Scum".

Far from it ... they are simply frauds.

Housos wouldn't have been smart enough to pull a scam like that ......

and besides have you ever seen a Houso front to court dressed as well as those pair?

And their names sound very French.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 4:28pm

Typical houso scum.

Yes, Gordon, but would you be just as offended if the Curries sublet your Harris Park property?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 4:36pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 4:28pm:

Typical houso scum.

Yes, Gordon, but would you be just as offended if the Curries sublet your Harris Park property?

I'm curious.

That would contravene a standard NSW lease agreement.  The managing agent would deal with it.

That has what exactly to do with housing commo fraud?

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:23pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 4:36pm:

Typical houso scum.

I'm curious.

That would contravene a standard NSW lease agreement.  The managing agent would deal with it.

You think your capitalist agents check up?

Why? Would you be entering a Curry-smelling public toilet if you didn't have to?

All your agent does is chuck them out, put their IKEA furniture on the street and keep the bond.

Harris Park's full of that furniture. I can get shoe racks, modular couches or plastic bags full of tracksuit pants any night of the week.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:35pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:23pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 4:36pm:

Typical houso scum.

I'm curious.

You think your capitalist agents check up?

Why? Would you be entering a Curry-smelling public toilet if you didn't have to?

All your agent does is chuck them out, put their IKEA furniture on the street and keep the bond.

Harris Park's full of that furniture. I can get shoe racks, modular couches or plastic bags full of tracksuit pants any night of the week.

At the end of the day if a subcontinental sublets to another subcontinental, as long as the rent is paid and the place is in good order?  Meh.

Do you have a  Malm bed? Malm malm!

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print