Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Should the Kooris get a percentage from our mineral wealth?

"Most definitely ~ Yes!"    
  2 (18.2%)
"No! ~ Let them eat cake!"    
  9 (81.8%)

Total votes: 11
« Created by: Lord Herbert on: Feb 18th, 2018 at 9:31am »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Send Topic Print
130 billion dollars on Abo relief and STILL they'r (Read 2999 times)
Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Re: 130 billion dollars on Abo relief and STILL they'r
Reply #45 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 12:43pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:47am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:32am:
Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:49am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:45am:
I feel your pain, but these particular Abos must have been brought in without any organised structure to their day. Just housing them in the city with no purpose to their day is a recipe for ensuring they become bored and look for distractions to fill the void.

Why are they seemingly exempt from job search responsibilities and work for the dole like every other Australian?

That's what I want to know.

So do I.

The young men especially could be making some sort of effort to contribute to the funding of this First World society, but then again, how many of our own youth and young men would opt for the non-working life if given the choice with no strings attached?

I dare say a fair few would take up the surfing life-style up there on the Gold Coast or smoking dope at Nimbin.

One rule I would bring in for the unemployed is add $50 a week if they do charity work and get it signed off by the registered charity !
It would give them contacts and skills in the real word as opposed to sitting in front of the Xbox all day !

Why not extend that to a bonus for working anywhere?  surely that would incentivise many to try harder, if they knew they'd get a little kick instead of having their benefit reduced immediately.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #46 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:36pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 7:51am:
It's the culture of historic grievances and victimhood that is holding a lot of aborigines from fully partaking in the Australian First World success story.

If they would just stop sulking they might find time to get a life as millions of post-war immigrants have done.

I don't know why they don't just do stuff and have a full life. Drinking, drugs, abuse, and blaming other people for their problems will get them nowhere.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #47 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:39pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 7:53am:
I have no problem at all spending money that will bring results.

I'd like to see more Govt funded scholarships for city boarding schools and the expectation is the Govt is only charged cost price by the schools.

Any Abo kid in remote areas who tests early as being bright and wants to learn should get a chance at a good education.

Much better to really give people a chance than to piss money away on drip feed welfare.

Certainly, it would be good for the child to get a chance at life in a new setting. But imagine the problems of getting them to go to school away from isolation. The parents will accuse the government of stealing their child. And if the child goes away, the child will be accused of abandoning their family by his/her family.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #48 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:45pm

Ye Grappler wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:47am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:32am:
I feel your pain, but these particular Abos must have been brought in without any organised structure to their day. Just housing them in the city with no purpose to their day is a recipe for ensuring they become bored and look for distractions to fill the void.

Why are they seemingly exempt from job search responsibilities and work for the dole like every other Australian?

So do I.

The young men especially could be making some sort of effort to contribute to the funding of this First World society, but then again, how many of our own youth and young men would opt for the non-working life if given the choice with no strings attached?

I dare say a fair few would take up the surfing life-style up there on the Gold Coast or smoking dope at Nimbin.

One rule I would bring in for the unemployed is add $50 a week if they do charity work and get it signed off by the registered charity !
It would give them contacts and skills in the real word as opposed to sitting in front of the Xbox all day !

Why not extend that to a bonus for working anywhere? surely that would incentivise many to try harder, if they knew they'd get a little kick instead of having their benefit reduced immediately.

I would support massive tax breaks to volunteer bush fire fighters. I live near one that lights up every few years, in the right context yes.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #49 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:46pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:39pm:

I'd like to see more Govt funded scholarships for city boarding schools and the expectation is the Govt is only charged cost price by the schools.

Any Abo kid in remote areas who tests early as being bright and wants to learn should get a chance at a good education.

Much better to really give people a chance than to piss money away on drip feed welfare.

Certainly, it would be good for the child to get a chance at life in a new setting. But imagine the problems of getting them to go to school away from isolation. The parents will accuse the government of stealing their child. And if the child goes away, the child will be accused of abandoning their family by his/her family.

The lefties would be calling that Stolen Generation 2.0.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #50 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:50pm

Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:25am:
Some bright spark imported a bunch of remote boongs into my area presumably to help them. At opening time at Coles they go buy their Metho, Coke, and plastic cups and spend the day getting tanked in the local park and abusing any whites who walk past.

My tax dollars get paid to these subhumans, time they were cut off from the welfare teet.

Have you ever worked with someone who would rather spend their time drinking diluted metho? It never works out... even in work for the dole. I have heard a couple Centrelink workers comment that they like that I at least participate in Centrelink activities. I work part-time, do job searches, and get paid a tapered Centrelink payment according to how much I work. Meanwhile, a certain demographic has a certain percentage of their lot getting paid more to do much less.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #51 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:03pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:07am:
Some bright spark imported a bunch of remote boongs into my area presumably to help them. At opening time at Coles they go buy their Metho, Coke, and plastic cups and spend the day getting tanked in the local park and abusing any whites who walk past.

My tax dollars get paid to these subhumans, time they were cut off from the welfare teet.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/733/885/140.gif

Perhaps you live in a city where you don't have to see this sort of problem? Here in Rockhampton, we have the CBD (or the centre of the town for reference of city people who visit here) where it is a constant problem to see aboriginal people lazing around with alcohol at hand, letting life pass them by. Our junior year of high school, we did a walk along the riverbank for the purpose of viewing the historical buildings of Quay Street. The first few hundred metres of the walk, we came across the native Australians getting inebriated and abusive to one another. One was actually getting ridden by his 'missus'. The teachers told us to be vigilant as we walked by.

Another example, this time public, was the "Dumb, drunk, and racist" episode where Social Justice Warrior Joe Hildebrand was showing a park full of aboriginal people getting drunk and abusive towards anyone that passed them. When the aborigines noticed they were getting filmed, the aborigines harrassed and then attacked the camera crew. Hildebrand justified the attack by later telling the Indians that the aborigines had just recently lost their land, culture, their children, and any other bullcrap story he could think of to explain antisocial behaviour.

You might not like the truth. But it is something you cannot ignore for much longer.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #52 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:05pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:50pm:

Have you ever worked with someone who would rather spend their time drinking diluted metho? It never works out... even in work for the dole. I have heard a couple Centrelink workers comment that they like that I at least participate in Centrelink activities. I work part-time, do job searches, and get paid a tapered Centrelink payment according to how much I work. Meanwhile, a certain demographic has a certain percentage of their lot getting paid more to do much less.

I actually agree they need to set up the tax welfare mix so that people like you get rewarded, instead they reward laziness. This was one of Abbott's policy ideas BTW Smiley

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:26pm

Unforgiven wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 11:26pm:
Lionel Edriess wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 10:38pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 10:31pm:
British Aboriginals have sucked far more than $ 130 billion out of the economy.

That's funny!

If they hadn't built it in the first place, there'd still be nothing to take out of the place. It would still be a continent full of sticks, stones, crows and warring Abo's.

Now it's a country that every reffo on the planet wants to sneak into so they can rip the dole off the indigenous. Roll Eyes

'reffos' have to fight off the closet pom descendants of pommie boat people before they can sneak in and feast on the social welfare poms and closet poms are snaring for themselves.

Australia has been far too generous allowing decrepit old pommies entry to free lunches (dinners and breakfasts) at the expense of the Australian taxpayer.

They paid for it you idiot ..... I bet you don't contribute.

Politicians are like nappies; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.
The most difficult choice a politician must ever make is whether to be a hypocrite or a liar.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:32pm

Karnal wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:04am:
aquascoot wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:39am:
you can only go up in the world by taking action.

and welfare enables you to not take action, so its just a very bad idea.

but added to that is this leftie idea it is acceptable and indeed desirable to use things that happened in the past as an 'excuse" for not taking action in the present.

say my dad owned the farm and he died and i got all sad and used his death as the justification or rationalisation for "refusing to get on with running the farm now that he had died".
should i get sympathy for that?
is it helpful to get sympathy for that .

i would say that it is reprehensible to use some tragedy as the ongoing justification for failure to take personal responsibility for moving forward in the world.
i would call that a "sin".

if bad things happened in the past, that is NO justification for refusing to pick up your burden and move forward with nobility in the present.
and, in as much as the left encourage this inaction and encourage this victimhood , they are commiting the most vile and evil of crimes against the indigenous community

Inheriting your wealth allows you to take no action too, dear, as every schoolboy knows.

And how many of us have inherited wealth pray tell?

Politicians are like nappies; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.
The most difficult choice a politician must ever make is whether to be a hypocrite or a liar.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:43pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:46pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:39pm:

The lefties would be calling that Stolen Generation 2.0.

Don't worry that is fully loaded & in progress as we speak.

You should see some of the programs running now on SBS & NITV with the 10 yr recognition of Rudd saying sorry.

On a show I saw only yesterday which was called - "Sorry is not Enough".

And behind it was wanting further compensation.

Children from all races & creeds are removed by govts. for their own protection ...

in recent years if anything across the country child protective services DOCS have been under resourced and under staffed & children that were vulnerable were left in bad situations & died. It's still happening & it's not an Aboriginal specific thing.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:49pm

aquascoot wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:09am:

but added to that is this leftie idea it is acceptable and indeed desirable to use things that happened in the past as an 'excuse" for not taking action in the present.

say my dad owned the farm and he died and i got all sad and used his death as the justification or rationalisation for "refusing to get on with running the farm now that he had died".

i would say that it is reprehensible to use some tragedy as the ongoing justification for failure to take personal responsibility for moving forward in the world.

if bad things happened in the past, that is NO justification for refusing to pick up your burden and move forward with nobility in the present.
and, in as much as the left encourage this inaction and encourage this victimhood , they are commiting the most vile and evil of crimes against the indigenous community

Inheriting your wealth allows you to take no action too, dear, as every schoolboy knows.

theres a very good book on the "curse" of having rich parents.

but i digress.

do you think that encouraging aborigines to identify as victims of previous white oppression is helpful?

No, dear, I don't. Who is doing this?

I would have thought you'd support victims of white oppression. Look at Mr Trump. Can you think of a bigger victim of the Establishment?

So unfair.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:54pm

What? ... just white oppression?

Shouldn't that be oppression by any race or creed?

No .... that wouldn't suit your biased narrative.

IP Logged

bludger

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 3:15pm

Daily Mail and Truth?-oxymoron
But I will say a ton of money has been spent for very little in a hundred years.
It would be cheaper to give them $100,000 dollars each and call it quits. Save a lot of money then.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 3:22pm

Karnal wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:49pm:
aquascoot wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:09am:

theres a very good book on the "curse" of having rich parents.

but i digress.

do you think that encouraging aborigines to identify as victims of previous white oppression is helpful?

No, dear, I don't. Who is doing this?

I would have thought you'd support victims of white oppression. Look at Mr Trump. Can you think of a bigger victim of the Establishment?

So unfair.

trump took action and annihilated the establishment.
ultimate example in personal responsibility for your trajectory in life.
welfare cannot and will not ever help the aborigine.
theres a rule for helping the old and the frail in nursing homes.
never do anything for the residents that they can do for themselves.
when you do, you are "stealing their strength".
by trying to do for the aborigine what he should have been expected to do for himself, the leftie over protective mother has stolen his strength.
this is the meaning of the stolen generation.
lefties stealing the dignity of the aborigine.

time for the lefties and SJW's to organise a march over the harbour bridge to say sorry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Send Topic Print