Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Should the Kooris get a percentage from our mineral wealth?

"Most definitely ~ Yes!"    
  2 (18.2%)
"No! ~ Let them eat cake!"    
  9 (81.8%)

Total votes: 11
« Created by: Lord Herbert on: Feb 18th, 2018 at 9:31am »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Send Topic Print
130 billion dollars on Abo relief and STILL they'r (Read 3003 times)
Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Re: 130 billion dollars on Abo relief and STILL they'r
Reply #30 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:22am

Bojack Horseman wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:50am:
Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:25am:
Some bright spark imported a bunch of remote boongs into my area presumably to help them. At opening time at Coles they go buy their Metho, Coke, and plastic cups and spend the day getting tanked in the local park and abusing any whites who walk past.

My tax dollars get paid to these subhumans, time they were cut off from the welfare teet.

I call BS on your pathetic story.

You would, time to pull your head out of the sand, Bumjack.

« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:32am by Dr Mengele »  

IP Logged

RightSaidFred

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #31 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:26am

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 7:51am:
It's the culture of historic grievances and victimhood that is holding a lot of aborigines from fully partaking in the Australian First World success story.

If they would just stop sulking they might find time to get a life as millions of post-war immigrants have done.

Absolutely, My father arrived here after WWII and had to fight his way off the boat as the Unions were blockading all these Wogs that were arriving, these days all these post WWII cultures are celebrated. The Germans brought us great food and the Barossa Valley, The Italians brought us great builders and places like the Hunter Valley .... etc.... My Father also worked on the Snowy Mountain Scheme ...... from the aboriginal communities all I see is poor cultural norms, disrespect for society and many social problems we have to fix !

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:39am

you can only go up in the world by taking action.

and welfare enables you to not take action, so its just a very bad idea.

but added to that is this leftie idea it is acceptable and indeed desirable to use things that happened in the past as an 'excuse" for not taking action in the present.

say my dad owned the farm and he died and i got all sad and used his death as the justification or rationalisation for "refusing to get on with running the farm now that he had died".
should i get sympathy for that?
is it helpful to get sympathy for that .

i would say that it is reprehensible to use some tragedy as the ongoing justification for failure to take personal responsibility for moving forward in the world.
i would call that a "sin".

if bad things happened in the past, that is NO justification for refusing to pick up your burden and move forward with nobility in the present.
and, in as much as the left encourage this inaction and encourage this victimhood , they are commiting the most vile and evil of crimes against the indigenous community

IP Logged

Bojack Horseman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #33 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:55am

Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:22am:
Bojack Horseman wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:50am:
Some bright spark imported a bunch of remote boongs into my area presumably to help them. At opening time at Coles they go buy their Metho, Coke, and plastic cups and spend the day getting tanked in the local park and abusing any whites who walk past.

My tax dollars get paid to these subhumans, time they were cut off from the welfare teet.

I call BS on your pathetic story.

You would, time to pull your head out of the sand, Bumjack.

Lol, sure big fella.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:04am

aquascoot wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:39am:

but added to that is this leftie idea it is acceptable and indeed desirable to use things that happened in the past as an 'excuse" for not taking action in the present.

say my dad owned the farm and he died and i got all sad and used his death as the justification or rationalisation for "refusing to get on with running the farm now that he had died".

i would say that it is reprehensible to use some tragedy as the ongoing justification for failure to take personal responsibility for moving forward in the world.

if bad things happened in the past, that is NO justification for refusing to pick up your burden and move forward with nobility in the present.
and, in as much as the left encourage this inaction and encourage this victimhood , they are commiting the most vile and evil of crimes against the indigenous community

Inheriting your wealth allows you to take no action too, dear, as every schoolboy knows.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:07am

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:09am

Karnal wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:04am:

Inheriting your wealth allows you to take no action too, dear, as every schoolboy knows.

theres a very good book on the "curse" of having rich parents.

but i digress.

do you think that encouraging aborigines to identify as victims of previous white oppression is helpful?

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #37 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:22am

They're even too ugly to punch.  Undecided

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #38 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:26am

Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:22am:

YOU NEED TO APOLOGISE FOR POSTING THAT PHOTO.

You made me laugh coffee out of my nose.

Wokka Wokka Wokka

IP Logged

RightSaidFred

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #39 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:22am

Karnal wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 10:04am:

No ..... Playing rugby I met a lot of private school trust fund babies and the opposite is quite true. Many professions are a boys club so they get very enabled in their careers !

You are really barking up the wrong tree I have seen some get lazy on their parents wealth, but they are the clear minority.

On my wife's side of the family she has 3 cousins born into serious wealth, one is a cafe owner, another is an expert Yacht builder in demand all around the world the other is a High Court Barrister.

From my casual observation many rich parents teach their kids to respect money especially Jews !

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:32am

Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:49am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:45am:
I feel your pain, but these particular Abos must have been brought in without any organised structure to their day. Just housing them in the city with no purpose to their day is a recipe for ensuring they become bored and look for distractions to fill the void.

Why are they seemingly exempt from job search responsibilities and work for the dole like every other Australian?

That's what I want to know.

So do I.

The young men especially could be making some sort of effort to contribute to the funding of this First World society, but then again, how many of our own youth and young men would opt for the non-working life if given the choice with no strings attached?

I dare say a fair few would take up the surfing life-style up there on the Gold Coast or smoking dope at Nimbin.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:35am

aquascoots advice is that aboriginal parents be given a copy of the 14 rules.
much better then being subjected to leftard virtue signalling

1 Read to Learn – 63% of self-made millionaires in my study were required by their parents to read to learn. Their parents made them read two or more books every month on topics such as: history, biographies of successful people, science, self-improvement, etc. Only 3% of the poor said their parents made them do this.
2 Don’t Gamble – 6% of the wealthy in my study played the lottery vs. 77% of the poor. Worse, the poor admitted to playing the lottery every week.
3 Follow Your Dreams – 82% of the self-made millionaires in my study pursued a dream vs. 3% of the poor. By far, the wealthiest in my study were individuals who pursued a dream. On average, they accumulated $7.4 million in net assets during their lives.
4 Eat Healthy – 21% of the wealthy in my study were overweight by 30 pounds or more vs. 66% of the poor. 78% of self-made millionaires ate less than 300 junk food calories a day. 97% of the poor ate more than 300 junk food calories a day.
5 Avoid Time Wasters – 63% of the wealthy in my study spent less than 1 hour per day on recreational Internet use. 74% of the poor spent more than an hour a day in the Internet. 67% of the wealthy watched less than 1 hour of TV per day vs 23% of the poor. 9% of the wealthy watched reality TV shows vs. 78% of the poor.
6 Invest Your Time in Your Kids Education – 83% of the wealthy in my study attended back to school night for their kids vs. 13% of the poor. 29% of the wealthy had one or more children who made the honor roll vs. 4% of the poor.
7 Engage in Daily Self-Improvement – 63% of wealthy in my study listened to audio books during their commute vs. 5% of the poor. Kids have smart phones and this makes it easy for them to download audio books to listen to.
8 Spend Less Than You Make – 73% of the wealthy in my study forged the habit of spending less than they earned, long before they were rich. 95% of the poor were never taught this habit by their parents, by their teachers or by any other mentor in life.
9 Forge Relationships With Other Success-Minded People – 79% of the wealthy in my study networked with other success-minded people, 5 hours or more per month vs. 16% of the poor said they did this.
10 Hard Work Creates Good Luck – 92% of the wealthy in my study said they created their own good luck through hard work, persistence, daily practice, determination and goal achievement. 79% of the poor believed the rich were rich due to dumb luck.
11 Take Personal Responsibility For Your Circumstances – 79% of the wealthy in my study indicated that they believed they were individually responsible for their financial circumstances. 82% of the poor believed they were poor because they were born and raised in a poor household.  FYI, 41% of the self-made millionaires in my study were born and raised in a poor household.
12 Exercise Aerobically – 95% of self-made millionaires in my study exercised aerobically 30 minutes or more per day, four days a week. Only 23% of poor did the same. Studies have shown that daily aerobic exercise improves brain health, brain efficiency and IQ.
13 Seek Out Success Mentors – 100% of self-made millionaires in my study had a success mentor in life. Success mentors put you on the fast track for success. They teach you what to do and what not to do. They also teach you the habits you’ll need in order to succeed in life. Typically, these mentors were one of their parents or a mentor that took an interest in them at work. None of the poor in my study said they had any success mentors in their lives.
14 Negativity Leads to Poverty – 63% of the wealthy in my study had a positive, optimistic mindset. 94% of the poor had a negative, pessimistic mindset. Studies have shown that a negative mental outlook inhibits and depresses brain function.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:37am

miketrees wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 7:40am:
I am working with an Aboriginal corporation at the moment.

I am still trying to figure things out.

I think it's admirable that some aborigines are working in full-time jobs when there's absolutely no official pressure on them to work at all.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #43 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:47am

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:32am:
Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:49am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 8:45am:
I feel your pain, but these particular Abos must have been brought in without any organised structure to their day. Just housing them in the city with no purpose to their day is a recipe for ensuring they become bored and look for distractions to fill the void.

Why are they seemingly exempt from job search responsibilities and work for the dole like every other Australian?

That's what I want to know.

So do I.

The young men especially could be making some sort of effort to contribute to the funding of this First World society, but then again, how many of our own youth and young men would opt for the non-working life if given the choice with no strings attached?

I dare say a fair few would take up the surfing life-style up there on the Gold Coast or smoking dope at Nimbin.

One rule I would bring in for the unemployed is add $50 a week if they do charity work and get it signed off by the registered charity !
It would give them contacts and skills in the real word as opposed to sitting in front of the Xbox all day !

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

I like fish
Reply #44 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 12:26pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 7:32am:
freediver wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 9:07pm:
Perhaps we should spend more money propping up economically unviable remote aboriginal communities.

No.

I prefer the Abbott Option which had him planning to move Mohammed to the Mountain rather than moving the Mountain to Mohammed shortly before he got the chop from Turnbull & Co.

That is, he was working on gathering up outback aboriginal communities and having them railroaded to locations close to the major cities where work is available. What a stink that caused when his plan hit the media fan. The civil rights and human rights luvvies had a ball crucifying Abbott as a tyrant and a racist.

Millions of migrants have travelled over oceans to secure a job in Australia, but obliging our welfare-dependent indigenous Australians to shift a few miles towards the cities was all too much for the Aboriginal Victimhood Industry (AVI) caretakers and shareholders to countenance.

One day a politician will step up to the plate who will cut through all the bullshit and say "Enough is enough!"

That's just throwing more money at it. Just cut the special funding and let them figure it out for themselves. The first step to solving all these problems is to let them make their own choices.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Send Topic Print