Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Animal justice (Read 1389 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Animal justice
Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:17pm

The remains of a suspected poacher have been found near the Kruger Nat Park in S Africa.
He had been killed by lions but they left his head and hands. Maybe they wanted him identified.

His gun was found with his remains.

Up the Lions!

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Animal justice
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:20pm

I agree...lets hope it sends a message....

and they dont have a mentality there where they go after the animal to avenge the death...

like we have with sharks and crocodiles..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:34pm

Bad news. The last thing you want is lions with a taste for human flesh in a park full of stupid tourists.

The rangers kill more than their fair share of poachers. It doesn't stop them.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:51pm

freediver wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:34pm:
Bad news. The last thing you want is lions with a taste for human flesh in a park full of stupid tourists.

The rangers kill more than their fair share of poachers. It doesn't stop them.

so you reckon give up as nothing will????.... Sad Sad

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:04pm

bogarde73 wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:17pm:
The remains of a suspected poacher have been found near the Kruger Nat Park in S Africa.
He had been killed by lions but they left his head and hands. Maybe they wanted him identified.

His gun was found with his remains.

Up the Lions!

1_005.gif (13 KB | 17 )
1_005.gif

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:21pm

I feel sorry (kind of) for the actual poachers, as they're just poor villagers looking for a way to make money.

Save your anger for the rich pricks who buy the products.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:26pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:21pm:
I feel sorry (kind of) for the actual poachers, as they're just poor villagers looking for a way to make money.

He could afford a gun.... just saying....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:39pm

I don't.  Not even a little bit.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 7:37pm

Black Orchid wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:39pm:

OK lets rephrase that. I feel sorry for the situation they're in that becoming a poacher is one of very few ways to get ahead. Thing is, the poachers are paid very little.

I've met end users of rhino horn, tiger bone/penis and they are rich and educated. One guy I met had a science degree and knew using tiger bone was BS but bought it and offered it to his business clients to prove his wealth and status.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 7:53pm

What about those 'canned' hunters?  Big heroes - no balls... the lions should concentrate on them....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 7:54pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 7:37pm:

OK lets rephrase that. I feel sorry for the situation they're in that becoming a poacher is one of very few ways to get ahead. Thing is, the poachers are paid very little.

I've met end users of rhino horn, tiger bone/penis and they are rich and educated. One guy I met had a science degree and knew using tiger bone was BS but bought it and offered it to his business clients to prove his wealth and status.

I have no sympathy for Poachers F#ck them they give hunters a bad name.

If you want to hunt those animals pay all the permit and government fees do it legally.

I have no problem with people obtaining legal hunting trophies, they pay outrageous amounts of money to do that.

The Police had to shoot a Tiger that escaped from zoo in California, would it be wrong for them to skin that animal and sell the skin to someone who wants to pay top dollar for it or should it left to rot and wasted?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #11 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:01pm

Useless poacher if he manages to get eaten. Perhaps the lion might get AIDS?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:17pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 7:54pm:

If you want to hunt those animals pay all the permit and government fees do it legally.

I have no problem with people obtaining legal hunting trophies, they pay outrageous amounts of money to do that.

The Police had to shoot a Tiger that escaped from zoo in California, would it be wrong for them to skin that animal and sell the skin to someone who wants to pay top dollar for it or should it left to rot and wasted?

There was a guy last year who paid US$350k to shoot a Rhino in Namibia.  He'd have paid up to 500 but the bidding was weak because of all bad publicity.

The rhino he shot had killed a breeding female and a calf and was past breeding age and would have been killed anyway.

Unfortunately wildlife needs to be monitised to have a future.

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:18pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:17pm:

There was a guy last year who paid US$350k to shoot a Rhino in Namibia.  He'd have paid up to 500 but the bidding was weak because of all bad publicity.

The rhino he shot had killed a breeding female and a calf and was past breeding age and would have been killed anyway.

1 inch penis, max.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:26pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:18pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:17pm:

1 inch penis, max.

His hunting had funded African breeding programs to the tune of millions of dollars.

You've done what?

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print