Slavery in Australia (Read 1491 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Slavery in Australia
Reply #15 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:57am

capitosinora wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 7:57am:
Gordon wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:19pm:
Bloody hell, did anyone watch 4 Corners?

It is nothing in comparison with this.

http://atlantablackstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Australian-Aboriginal-Gen...

Don't you spout off you hypocrite.

Git beck ta pickin dat cotton bfooar ey has yo flogged.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 9:10am

I wanna hear from the 'global marketeers' about how the cost of labour is a resource and poverty is a resource to be exploited etc....

Let's hear from aqua about how these workers should make themselves more valuable to their overseer and rise from $250 a month to $251, but only if they give sex on the side as well like good house servants...

Well done, thou good and faithful servant!  There'll be an extra shilling in your Christmas stocking this year....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #17 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:54pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 9:10am:
I wanna hear from the 'global marketeers' about how the cost of labour is a resource and poverty is a resource to be exploited etc....

Let's hear from aqua about how these workers should make themselves more valuable to their overseer and rise from $250 a month to $251, but only if they give sex on the side as well like good house servants...

Well done, thou good and faithful servant!  There'll be an extra shilling in your Christmas stocking this year....

I'm getting the feeling with you Grap that we should just elect you as President and be done with it.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #18 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 9:03pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:36am:
Ah - here you are.. I'll save the day for you....

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/behind-closed-doors/9424204

Bet these girls are Filipinas or similar... paid a song and treated like slaves.... it does say 'slave-LIKE conditions'... I guess the cut-out is they get paid....

Oh, Freddie?  The moment you close your mind saying that the source is some kind of lunatic left, and fail to even consider the view - you lose all credibility.

Yeah they take a day to get their links sorted and the transcript will also be there.

Hey where's the guy who always rushs to post if a cafe worker was underpaid by 5 cents by an Aussie?

He must be on vacation Wink

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 10:31pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:36pm:
Diplomatic immunity.

Has just been revoked!!!

Sorry. Had to type that.... Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 10:33pm

Auggie wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:54pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 9:10am:

I'm getting the feeling with you Grap that we should just elect you as President and be done with it.

Do I get the choice of the chicks like Barnaby?  Actually she's not my type.... don't much like the face in frontal view - profile looks OK, but that face has traveled.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #21 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 10:41pm

Bet these girls are Filipinas or similar... paid a song and treated like slaves.... it does say 'slave-LIKE conditions'... I guess the cut-out is they get paid....

Oh, Freddie?  The moment you close your mind saying that the source is some kind of lunatic left, and fail to even consider the view - you lose all credibility.

There's no competition for South East Asians since the UK stopped exporting pommie domestic servants in the 1950s.

I wonder if there's a connection with Australia's livestock exports to the Middle East?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 10:52pm

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 5:17am

Unforgiven wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 10:41pm:

There's no competition for South East Asians since the UK stopped exporting pommie domestic servants in the 1950s.

I wonder if there's a connection with Australia's livestock exports to the Middle East?

Reports say that a hell of a lot of the same thing, using mainly women from the same sources, goes on in the ME and also Hong Kong and a few other places that have a heavy reliance on tourism, or where people just want house servants they can exploit.

I suppose the term 'grinding poverty' in reference to The Philippines is the way to look at it.  What I do know is that it is possible to pay a building tradie $10 a day there - not sure now...

Kinda conflicts with the official statement though:-

https://www.psa.gov.ph/content/average-family-income-2015-estimated-22-thousand-...

This looks closer to the truth:-

http://www.worldsalaries.org/philippines.shtml

"Carpenter average salary      PPP $ 546      $ 121"

"Chambermaid average salary      PPP $ 592      $ 131"

- the last figure is 'net monthly income in US dollars' = $40 a week to play with.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print