Maybe    
  1 (14.3%)
Not sure    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 7
« Created by: Ajax on: Feb 11th, 2018 at 9:40am »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
does trickle down economics work (Read 2917 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: does trickle down economics work
Reply #15 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:28pm

Trickle down economics doesn't work because at the bottom of the economic system there are too many people competing with each other for the crumbs.

It's mainly because the addiction to control of inflation by keeping unemployment not far below 5%.

If unemployment were allowed to fall to zero percent there would be much more competition for labor which would force up the price.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: does trickle down economics work
Reply #16 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 7:06pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:27pm:
It may not appears so in the short term, but our standard of living would not have risen to what it is today if it was not at least true some of the time. I know how we lived when I was a child, and my parents could not even afford a car. Now, everyone on our street has three and a boat. So don't start whinging about how hard these times are.

In the 50 and 60 the projections were for a 3 or 4 day working week by well before now. The tech improvements happened and the increased productivity happened. The problem with the forecast is that it assumed that everyone would benefit. Instead greed has ruled. Weak governments allowed greedy corporations and a hand full of greedy individuals to monopolise virtually all of the benefits.

Trickle down is an insult to the intelligence of imbeciles.

The cartoon showing wealthy people laughing about Trickle down is 100% accurate.

Giving money to these grubs just makes them more wealthy, it does not benefit anyone else - ever.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print