Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Global warming sure is strange (Read 877 times)
RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Global warming sure is strange
Reply #15 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 2:19pm

bogarde73 wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:12am:
Take the case of Tuvalu.

We have read for so long now that it will soon be covered by the sea. Well, Uni of Auckland scientists have studied & measured it from 1971 to 2014 using satellite & aerial images and what they found was that overall the land area of its dozens of islands has increased.

Or the case of sea ice round Nova Scotia.
They kill seals there for the meat.
Sad isn't it, but I eat fish & meat.and I've sent cattle off to be slaughtered & sawn up. And I was really fond of some of those cattle, they had names.
Anyway these seal hunters are not able to fulfill their orders now because the sea ice around Nova Scotia is just so thick it has made the job impossible.

You just can't make all the people happy all the time.

A seals intelligence is comparable to a pig so not sure what the issue is. Pigs are smarter than most whales so not sure what the issue is with eating whales or seals ...... as long as its done in a sustainable way. Many countries eat Dog and Horse ...... its all meat !

The Auckland example is such a small data set I would ignore it regardless of the results. The big challenge with Global Climate is the vast amount of data over time you would need it relies far to much on modelling or guestimate science.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 5:55pm

you'll never see SNOW again!!!

Italy received over 25,000 lightning strikes over a 12 hour period that brought deep hail, 5+ feet of snow at higher elevations and moved to paralyze, Slovenia and Croatia. Montenegro massive cliff side waterfalls, deep snow in France, more record snows in Morocco and the size of hail in Argentina, a full pound or 500g. Grand Solar Minimum intensification is here.

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #17 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:32am

Maybe... just maybe, the heat from the sun dried up the water and dumped onto Australia and New Zealand? I mean, we have seen it before. During the last La Nina, ocean levels dropped by a centremetre because the excessive rainfall was soaked up by inland Australia.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #18 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:34am

Actually, I am awaiting all that global warming to evaporate enough water and send it inland in the form of heavy rain. Compensate western Qld for all the heat they are going to get.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #19 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 9:27am

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 2:00pm:
Ajax wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:17am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:43am:
Just another timely reminder:

The whole idea behind the Global Warming hoax has been to shift more First World wealth to the Third World under the guise of helping them gear-up for renewable energy.

The redistribution of capitalist wealth to the poorer nations has been the real reason behind this confected nonsense. 

Herbie I used to think that once too, but imo the oligarchy will not help the 3rd world do anything otherwise they would have already done so.

I think the oligarchy will pocket the money and take over more corporations until they own them all.

The only thing the oligarchy will do to the 3rd world s exploit it like they have always done.

You've misunderstood me. I'm not in favour of the West passing billions of taxpayers' dollars through to the Third World.

No misunderstanding I'm fully aware of your point of view.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #20 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:18pm

Ajax wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:16am:
There have been so many AGW predictions that have gone by the way side, thus the need to wrap everyone up into and ETS scheme asap.

The more time that goes by the more people become sceptical, take yourself as an example bogey.

I bet your sitting on the fence not knowing whether to touch down in the yeah or nay camp

https://image.ibb.co/mxyU0c/tempAGW.jpg

The computer models ran too hot they predicted a warming of approximately 3°C by the end of this century.

Empirical data from the last 27 years suggests a warming of less than 1°C.

You see we don't have to spend billions on wall street to keep the temperature under 2°C this will happen all by itself.

And what does Prf. Richard Feynman say,

Quote:

"If it disagrees with experiment, it's wrong, in that simple statement is the key to science".

I like the out of context quotation from a totally unnecessarily dropped name  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yay, AJAX wins the internet again  Grin  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print