Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Global warming sure is strange (Read 866 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Global warming sure is strange
Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:12am

Take the case of Tuvalu.

We have read for so long now that it will soon be covered by the sea. Well, Uni of Auckland scientists have studied & measured it from 1971 to 2014 using satellite & aerial images and what they found was that overall the land area of its dozens of islands has increased.

Or the case of sea ice round Nova Scotia.
They kill seals there for the meat.
Sad isn't it, but I eat fish & meat.and I've sent cattle off to be slaughtered & sawn up. And I was really fond of some of those cattle, they had names.
Anyway these seal hunters are not able to fulfill their orders now because the sea ice around Nova Scotia is just so thick it has made the job impossible.

You just can't make all the people happy all the time.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Global warming sure is strange
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:16am

There have been so many AGW predictions that have gone by the way side, thus the need to wrap everyone up into and ETS scheme asap.

The more time that goes by the more people become sceptical, take yourself as an example bogey.

I bet your sitting on the fence not knowing whether to touch down in the yeah or nay camp

The computer models ran too hot they predicted a warming of approximately 3°C by the end of this century.

Empirical data from the last 27 years suggests a warming of less than 1°C.

You see we don't have to spend billions on wall street to keep the temperature under 2°C this will happen all by itself.

And what does Prf. Richard Feynman say,

Quote:

"If it disagrees with experiment, it's wrong, in that simple statement is the key to science".

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:43am

Just another timely reminder:

The whole idea behind the Global Warming hoax has been to shift more First World wealth to the Third World under the guise of helping them gear-up for renewable energy.

The redistribution of capitalist wealth to the poorer nations has been the real reason behind this confected nonsense.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:11am

Bogarde, you are getting as bad as the mechanic in your refusal to post links.
Perhaps it's because the article reveals that the islands are growing BECAUSE of global warming.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/tuvalu/7799503/...

Quote:
He said the study suggested the islands had a natural ability to respond to rising seas by accumulating coral debris from the outlying reefs that surround them.

"It has long been thought that as the sea level goes up, islands will sit there and drown. But they won't," Professor Kench said.

The trend is largely explained by the fact that the islands comprise mostly coral debris eroded from encircling reefs, which is pushed up on to the islands by wind and waves.

Because coral is a living organism, it continues to grow and establish itself in its new home, so the process becomes continuous.

Land reclamation and deposition of other sediment also contribute to the process.

I guess you were hoping that no one would be bothered to search for the link and read the article  Wink

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:17am

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:43am:

The whole idea behind the Global Warming hoax has been to shift more First World wealth to the Third World under the guise of helping them gear-up for renewable energy.

The redistribution of capitalist wealth to the poorer nations has been the real reason behind this confected nonsense. 

Herbie I used to think that once too, but imo the oligarchy will not help the 3rd world do anything otherwise they would have already done so.

I think the oligarchy will pocket the money and take over more corporations until they own them all.

The only thing the oligarchy will do to the 3rd world s exploit it like they have always done.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:26am

Have a look 👀 around any part of the Northern Hemisphere at the moment and you’ll see record snowfall ⛄️ record colds snaps and record flooding....

Along with the solar minimum coming in... you’ll also see increasing volcanic activity. Earthquakes and disease...

Interesting times in the coming years...

The climate witch doctors will change the goal posts again...

They are already saying (al gore) that these record cold, snow ❄️ etc is because of warming  Grin

How stupid do you have to be to swallow that bullshit 😂

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:37am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:26am:
Have a look 👀 around any part of the Northern Hemisphere at the moment and you’ll see record snowfall ⛄️ record colds snaps and record flooding....

Anyone would think it's winter in the northern hemisphere  Wink

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:11am

The_Barnacle wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:37am:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:26am:

Anyone would think it's winter in the northern hemisphere  Wink

I’m not talking about the winter I’m talking about records being smashed and that the MSM not reporting on it... some snow ⛄️ records have been doubled... and not one word of it here in Australia 🇦🇺 in MSM....

Why???

In the past it would lead the headline international news segment... now with the GW lie you only hear about hot days...

It’s snowing in the Sahara Desert 🐪 for Christ sakes...

All of the GW loons said snow ❄️ was be an event of the past and that our children would not know what snow is... etc etc  Roll Eyes

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:15am

It should be called globalist warming....cause that's all it is.

Globalist bullshit money grabbing can'tz.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:19am

Ajax wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:16am:
There have been so many AGW predictions that have gone by the way side, thus the need to wrap everyone up into and ETS scheme asap.

The more time that goes by the more people become sceptical, take yourself as an example bogey.

I bet your sitting on the fence not knowing whether to touch down in the yeah or nay camp

https://image.ibb.co/mxyU0c/tempAGW.jpg

The computer models ran too hot they predicted a warming of approximately 3°C by the end of this century.

Empirical data from the last 27 years suggests a warming of less than 1°C.

You see we don't have to spend billions on wall street to keep the temperature under 2°C this will happen all by itself.

And what does Prf. Richard Feynman say,

Quote:

"If it disagrees with experiment, it's wrong, in that simple statement is the key to science".

You know Ajax for all the squawking the graph you posted is still clearly showing warming ???

This is still saying that your view is wrong but just by a bit less than it may have been.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:19am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:11am:
I’m talking about records being smashed and that the MSM not reporting on it... some snow ⛄️ records have been doubled... and not one word of it here in Australia 🇦🇺 in MSM....

Why???

You do realise that snowfalls are a measure of precipitation and not a measure of temperature don't you?

For example. Moscow is so cold in winter that an increase in temperature due to global warming will actually result in more snow. warmer air can hold more precipitation.

Another example. The Antarctic interior is the coldest place on earth but has very little snowfall.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #11 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:25am

The_Barnacle wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:11am:
Perhaps it's because the article reveals that the islands are growing BECAUSE of global warming.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/tuvalu/7799503/...

Quote:
He said the study suggested the islands had a natural ability to respond to rising seas by accumulating coral debris from the outlying reefs that surround them.

"It has long been thought that as the sea level goes up, islands will sit there and drown. But they won't," Professor Kench said.

The trend is largely explained by the fact that the islands comprise mostly coral debris eroded from encircling reefs, which is pushed up on to the islands by wind and waves.

Because coral is a living organism, it continues to grow and establish itself in its new home, so the process becomes continuous.

Land reclamation and deposition of other sediment also contribute to the process.

I guess you were hoping that no one would be bothered to search for the link and read the article  Wink

I usually post sources when I'm at the computer but I can't on my phone.
But isn't it surprising that when we're told one thing for years, and it doesn't happen, lo & behold another explanation comes along to tell us why it didn't happen.
There is a long list of these predictions going back to the 1970s that I saw the other day and none of them happened.

You'd almost think they hoped nobody would remember years later what they said.
Either that or they want to promote skepticism as a way of life.

PS I'm not getting a new phone.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:52am

bogarde73 wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:25am:
There is a long list of these predictions going back to the 1970s that I saw the other day and none of them happened.

You could say that about pretty much everything.
Accurate predictions about anything are difficult to make and I could show you a long list of predictions about robots that didn't come true, yet robots are still a fact of modern life.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 12:01pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:11am:

Quote:

I guess you were hoping that no one would be bothered to search for the link and read the article

Or perhaps his reading skills are better than yours.

I have highlighted some sections, but I can't find one reference to GW or AGW.

Perhaps you left some out. Also bear in mind satellites have an accuracy of about 34mm. Good luck in finding a 3mm  increase in that.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 2:00pm

Ajax wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 10:17am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:43am:

Herbie I used to think that once too, but imo the oligarchy will not help the 3rd world do anything otherwise they would have already done so.

I think the oligarchy will pocket the money and take over more corporations until they own them all.

The only thing the oligarchy will do to the 3rd world s exploit it like they have always done.

You've misunderstood me. I'm not in favour of the West passing billions of taxpayers' dollars through to the Third World.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print