Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Police union- speed cameras are revenue raisers (Read 3320 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Police union- speed cameras are revenue raisers
Reply #90 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 6:23pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:58pm:
Valkie wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 4:56pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:22pm:
Good write up Valk  what are your thoughts on cameras going up around black spots and the revenue raised goes directly to fix that section?

The problem with that LIE from the grubberment is exactly that.

Firstly, the $camera is not set up at the black spot.
As with the dreadful road near Coffs Harbour, where the accidents actually occur is nowhere near the speed camera.
It is set up in the only overtaking area where there are two lanes.

The whole thing is lies.

And once the road is fixed, why don't they remove these revenue tools?

My little trick to get around speed cameras hasn't failed me yet.

I don't speed.

Yes, that's right: I obey the law.

Shhhh, don't let anyone else know my secret.

My GPS is set up with every camera

I approach them at 10 klm/ hr under the limit.

Also I have a phone app that reports every camera car.

I drive at the limit except where the cruse  control speeds up before I catch it.

They won't get me.

But have you noticed the police statements when pulled over.
I have been in the car of a friend when he was done for 10k over the limit.
It went
Why were you speeding driver ( his recording device records the response, he is looking for an excuse)
I said, we were not speeding officer.

He then moved to his backup statement.
I recorded your speed at xxx why were you going so fast.
I responded
We were not speeding, your equipment may be faulty, uncalibrated or picked up another vehicle.
At this point he turned off his recording device, so I turned on my phone recording and told him so.
He directed me to exit the vehicle so he could speak to the driver without interruption.

I got out, not wishing to be accused of not following a police directive.
But not before stating that it was obviously a miscarriage of justice.

I left the phone on the seat.
The mate caved, the wuss.

The cop smiled at me, and I wished him happy revenue raising.
As he walked away I said  soon you will be replaced with cameras and robots.

He spun and went to say something, but I pointed at the phone and said
It's being recorded to cloud.

He stomped off.

Fool

Ps
We were on a three lane highway, no other vehicles, on a downhill run just coming out of a 40 k faster speed zone.
You have to hit the anchors to slow down at this little trap.
That's why they sit there.

Jesus!

I just obey the law.

No GPS.

No apps.

I look at the speed limit on the sign, and don't go over it.

Simples!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #91 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 6:27pm

People with modern cars with advanced stability control and automated braking should be allowed to drive faster than povos with piece of junk old bombs.

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #92 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 7:07pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 3:46pm:
Bobby. wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 11:47am:
That is their decision they need to live by it, I live on a single lane double lined road no where to pass legally and the speed limit is 50. If they hit someone on the other side of the road its unlikely to impact me.

Why not just follow the speed limit its a residential area. I never speed in a 50 zone.
We have at least 1 accident per month mostly minor.
There was a big one where a speeding truck took out someones toy Nissan GTR.... moved it about 5 metres and made it about a metre smaller. Based on the damage this guy did to 3 vehicles he was doing well over 80 !

I'm talking about defensive driving -
that's the advice that I'm passing on.

Pull over and let the idiots pass.

Advice ignored

I prefer not to enable bad driving techniques and rather enjoy there faces going bright red. I am more than happy for them to pull over and have a discussion about their moronic driving methods.

Even using you wimpy theory they will have to cross double lines being dangerous anyway. You seemed to have not read my post closely enough.

I read your post and I don't agree with it.
You don't know who you're going to meet up with on the road -
it could be an ice addict with a machete.
I think most tailgaters are on ice.
Let them go - let them kill someone else.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #93 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 7:45pm

I drive an average of 60000 k plus a year in several states of Australia.

I have also driven in Germany, France, England and Sweden.

Three things become obvious when ever I drive in Australia.
1) you tend to spend more time checking the Speedo because the speed limit changes so often.
2) Australia has more speed detection and more focus on speed than any other country I have visited.
3) Australia has some of the worst and most poorly maintained roads IN THE WORLD.

Fix these pathetic goat tracks.
Get people's concentration on the road and not the Speedo.
Train drivers to drive properly

But what do they do?
Their new great plan?
More speed detection and revenue.

They don't care about us
They only care about revenue

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #94 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 8:01pm

People like me with mad driving skills and a safe modern car should be allowed to drive faster than a gook who's just received their license and grips the wheel like death and aren't even relaxed enough to do a simple head check before changing lanes.

IBI

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #95 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 10:28pm

red baron wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:01pm:
Gee  Unsubtle Rocky wish I knew that when I was in the N.S.W. Police for 18 years..your claim that the cops get 10% of fines in their wages

I spent about 8 years of my service in the Traffic Branch but I never did come across your chestnut

Now that is news to me and would have been for the other 15,000 Police I served with

Derrrr Cheesy

Considering that I dated a police officer. And I knew/know a police officer in traffic, they say that they get part of the fine put into their wage. Otherwise, where is the incentive to fine people? Police will just drive around all day waiting for crimes to happen, and drivers will just disregard traffic laws in elevated levels.

You are just annoyed that I know something that is not made public knowledge. And now you are just overcompensating on a forum pretending that I, as a member of the public, are too sheltered from the workings of the police. Stations work at a loss. Raising revenue through parking fines, traffic fines, etc., is just one way that the police force try to pay for some of the running of their service. Otherwise, it would be deemed unnecessary to keep the police stations running with so many officers.

IP Logged

Coral Sea

American Politics

Chicago
Reply #96 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 1:28am

What a surprise...OzPol's resident liberal cucks and faggots defend the speed cameras.

Why?  Because liberals hate you and want you to be oppressed.

Every bozo knows that speed limits are nearly always set too low.  After all, look at the term itself.

Speed limit.  A limit should be the maximum safe speed that it is permitted to travel.

Is it ever?

Never.

As such, speed limit enforcement is one of the many petty tyrannies ordinary citizens have to put up with.

"General, these are American regulars. In a hundred and fifty years they have never been beaten. They will hold."&&-- Col. Preston Brown, C/S, 2nd Division, the Marne, June 1, 1918

IP Logged

Everglade

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:00am

Gordon wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 8:01pm:
People like me with mad driving skills and a safe modern car should be allowed to drive faster than a gook who's just received their license and grips the wheel like death and aren't even relaxed enough to do a simple head check before changing lanes.

Is this typical of the kind of comment found on this site? I've been watching for a few weeks and i see comments like this go unchallenged.

I don;t understand, Do you all think this is OK?

IP Logged

Everglade

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:00am

Everglade wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:00am:

Is this typical of the kind of comment found on this site? I've been watching for a few weeks and i see comments like this go unchallenged.

I don't understand, Do you all think this is OK?

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #99 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:19am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 7:07pm:
That is their decision they need to live by it, I live on a single lane double lined road no where to pass legally and the speed limit is 50. If they hit someone on the other side of the road its unlikely to impact me.

Why not just follow the speed limit its a residential area. I never speed in a 50 zone.
There was a big one where a speeding truck took out someones toy Nissan GTR.... moved it about 5 metres and made it about a metre smaller. Based on the damage this guy did to 3 vehicles he was doing well over 80 !

Advice ignored

I prefer not to enable bad driving techniques and rather enjoy there faces going bright red. I am more than happy for them to pull over and have a discussion about their moronic driving methods.

Even using you wimpy theory they will have to cross double lines being dangerous anyway. You seemed to have not read my post closely enough.

I read your post and I don't agree with it.
You don't know who you're going to meet up with on the road -
it could be an ice addict with a machete.
I think most tailgaters are on ice.
Let them go - let them kill someone else.

No your just being paranoid.
If a meth head wants to get out his car I am an ex rugby forward I would probably enjoy the workout if they want to get out and discuss such issues Smiley
So which meth infested area do you live in ?

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #100 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:23am

Valkie wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 7:45pm:
I drive an average of 60000 k plus a year in several states of Australia.

I have also driven in Germany, France, England and Sweden.

Three things become obvious when ever I drive in Australia.
1) you tend to spend more time checking the Speedo because the speed limit changes so often.
2) Australia has more speed detection and more focus on speed than any other country I have visited.
3) Australia has some of the worst and most poorly maintained roads IN THE WORLD.

Fix these pathetic goat tracks.
Get people's concentration on the road and not the Speedo.
Train drivers to drive properly

But what do they do?
Their new great plan?
More speed detection and revenue.

They don't care about us
They only care about revenue

Spend much time driving overseas and you can only come to the conclusion that Australia is a paranoid nanny-state when it comes to roads and driving, all of which goes to reinforce some of the worst driving habits in the world.

As for road conditions, it's obvious that the government would rather blather on about "speed kills" than actually save lives. How many years is it since the Grafton Bus Crash - and yet the Pacific Highway is still a goat track in places.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #101 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:27am

I agree to a certain extent - the highway near here and everywhere I head off to from here is a four lane with dividing strip about two lanes wide - mostly straight and easy..... a good driver in a modern car could do 160 like an autobahn on it, but that is verboten.

On the other hand - every time I drive it, it becomes a tangle whenever there are more than two cars near one another, for the simple reason that driving skills are not very good with the majority, who either drive slow or fast (I use cruise control at the limit), hog the right lane instead of overtaking and moving over etc, some (mostly brownskins) can't keep a steady speed, irritate you to death, and then match speed with you like they're magnetically attached when you overtake them so you can't open a gap and move to the left, many cut in close when overtaking like they're on Parramatta Road, and generally many do stupid sh1t like tail-gating or traveling in herds since they mostly drive in cities once a week and have no idea that a sudden stop at 110kph needs more space behind or a collision will occur.  I like a good 50m in front and back, thanks, or I get toey.  Don't start me on P Platers and the tradie utes (and some others) with the automatic 20kph over the limit overtaking the silly old bastard who won't do 'their' speed but sits right on the limit, and then cut in and slow down.  Don't start me on the idiots who pull out in front of you to overtake a truck, and then sit on its 'wing' or half-way along it (DUUUH) because they're frightened to actually go past it...

We had a prang two ridges from here one day just before we got there - two wild horses ran in front of a truck, he slammed on brakes, still hit both, and one flew over into the right lane and hit a car.... both horses died, as did the car.  Any fool traveling ten feet behind the car or truck would have run up their arse, but people do it all the time, thinking that no emergency stops ever happen out here.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #102 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:33am

Gordon wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 3:52pm:

Advice ignored

On the Pac Hwy up towards Maclean where the road is mostly one lane as it runs along the river, some shtbag in a late 80s piece of crap Landcruiser was following about 2meters behind me.

Now I'm in my 2016 car which could probably pull up from 100ks in a quarter of the distance to his piece of crap junker. If I needed to hit the brakes he would have hit me, and a hit from the rear at that speed can easily induce a roll over. 

Eventually he passed, but I swear if I saw him pulled over in a servo I felt like punching his lights out.

Are you referring to the Maclean River ?
Been fishing on that one a few times caught a few species I never saw before.

Yes idiots in 2+ tonne 4WD.
Coming back from Lithgow I was cruising along at 110kph and an idiot in one came flying past me up hill the hit the corner at the top and he slammed his breaks on. Lucky it was a 2 lane road I cut into the outside lane and sped up to 140kph going around him.

People who buy them claim they are safer yet they often tailgate people and drive like idiots clearly safety is the last thing on their minds. We have two performance cars one average and one high performance. Even in the low spec car I often over take people around corners.

From what I have read 4WD's are safer at low speeds but more dangerous in high speed accidents due to topple over.

Modern 4WD are more car like making them worse at offroad but safer than the older style solid chassis ones, but a tall heavy vehicle will always roll easier a concept these 4wd owners seem to ignore.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #103 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:35am

There's more to driving skills than being able to go fast - you need to be in front of your vehicle at all times, be able to make timely decisions on any lane change etc, and drive to the conditions.  I have yet to encounter a road that is 'no good' (unless it's full of holes or washed away) - only a lot of drivers who are no good on it.  Lakes Way near here is a beauty - people run off it a lot since it is as windy as the old Pacific Highway out of Hornsby.  Why? there are plenty of signs that say 35 kph corner etc....

Ah, yes - the old invulnerable armour plated 4WD driver dickhead ..... with a trailer, boat or caravan good for at least ten over the limit.... until something happens and then it's someone else's fault...   Grin

My car camera has many tales to tell... some of them scary as hell.  I should get it going again and record them.  Stupid thing won't recognise the card in it....
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:40am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Everglade

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:36am

Everglade wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:00am:

I don;t understand, Do you all think this is OK?

Is no-one prepared to say? Even when it's highlighted for you, it means nothing?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Send Topic Print