Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
Police union- speed cameras are revenue raisers (Read 3329 times)
Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Police union- speed cameras are revenue raisers
Reply #195 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 6:50pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 6:45pm:
RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
greggerypeccary

Your point is obvious, just about all of us speed at one point or another, unless your really stupid you generally don't get booked. So being booked incorrectly is not much of an issue unless its a really big fine like the Vic lady that was recorded at 156KPH in Datsun 120y.

I was lucky the other day went through a construction zone marked at 60 at 75  .... there was a cop waiting on the side of the road obviously he was looking for the real speeders 75 on the speedo in GPS speed probably 65-70.

I think the system is fair but I wish cops would look at all the other rules (non-speed related)  that are far more dangerous if broken.

Bravo.

I'd like to see them concentrate a lot more on mobile phone use.

WA’s deadly mobile phone addiction while driving

"The number of fines issued has continued to rise since penalties for mobile phone offending were toughened in 2014, increased from a $250 fine to $400 and three demerit points."

It's needs to be $1,000 and 6 demerit points.

Agreed.
and get the twats walking along not watching where they're going too. Some of them run tou down...and huff and puff you when they do.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #196 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 4:36am

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
Valkie wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Idiot.

How many times have you left your house?

How many.....................

No, must not mention multiple ............

Fool

I've driven every day for nearly 40 years, and I can't ever remember being given a ticket for something I didn't do.

Now:

1. How many times have you been given a ticket when you weren't speeding?

2. How many times have you gone over the limit, and not been given a ticket?

Two very simple questions, which you seem to be struggling to answer.

I wonder why that is.

Total idiot
I have been driving over 40 years.
I have been booked 3 times in my life
Once legitimately, I was 7 k over the limit just after coming out of a higher speed zone.

Once, and only once by a defective speed camera, which I attempted to challenge.
I was not speeding, I was definitely not doing exactly 15k over the limit.
Very convenient amount don't you think?
This is how I know about the FOI scam and how the cameras operate.
This is how I know how they work.
This is how I found out all about these devices.
I took it up with ACA who tried to gain access to the data mentioned and were refused under FOI law, illegally.

The third time was for not stopping at a stop sign.
I beat that quite simply with dash cam footage.
I was stopped for a good 6 Seconds, but the cop was after the revenue.
The illegality of the deliberately fictitious booking was never raised, apparently it's OK for cops to lie, but not us.
And while the magistrate dismissed the booking and fine, he would not entertain the prosecution of the cop for lying.

One of my fields of expertise is metrology (precision measurement)
I am also a mechanical engineer with 12 years experience in electronic equipment (as used in military applications)
This is why I get so frustrated with idiots who think they know what they have no conventional understanding of.
Why I know the grubberment takes advantage of people who will not challenge them.
Speed cameras were sold to the grubberment
Not as a safety device, but as a revenue device.
The grub that invented them was murdered by his own son for the money, karma is a bitch.

The system is crooked, people need to wake up to this fact.

Get a life fool
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2018 at 4:45am by Valkie »  

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #197 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 6:25am

Captain Caveman wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 6:50pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 6:45pm:
RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
greggerypeccary

Your point is obvious, just about all of us speed at one point or another, unless your really stupid you generally don't get booked. So being booked incorrectly is not much of an issue unless its a really big fine like the Vic lady that was recorded at 156KPH in Datsun 120y.

I was lucky the other day went through a construction zone marked at 60 at 75  .... there was a cop waiting on the side of the road obviously he was looking for the real speeders 75 on the speedo in GPS speed probably 65-70.

I think the system is fair but I wish cops would look at all the other rules (non-speed related)  that are far more dangerous if broken.

Bravo.

I'd like to see them concentrate a lot more on mobile phone use.

WA’s deadly mobile phone addiction while driving

"The number of fines issued has continued to rise since penalties for mobile phone offending were toughened in 2014, increased from a $250 fine to $400 and three demerit points."

It's needs to be $1,000 and 6 demerit points.

Agreed.
and get the twats walking along not watching where they're going too. Some of them run tou down...and huff and puff you when they do.

Its an interesting topic as bluetoothing is pretty much legal yet studies suggest hands free is still distracting.

100 % agree anyone taking their eyes off the road for any reason is bad !

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #198 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:26am

I am also a mechanical engineer with 12 years experience in electronic equipment (as used in military applications)
This is why I get so frustrated with idiots who think they know what they have no conventional understanding of.

Credit to you Valkie

What do you think about GPSing every car on the road.

I think it wont happen, because there would just be you and me left driving.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #199 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:45am

Valkie wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 4:36am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
Valkie wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Idiot.

How many times have you left your house?

How many.....................

No, must not mention multiple ............

Fool

I've driven every day for nearly 40 years, and I can't ever remember being given a ticket for something I didn't do.

Now:

1. How many times have you been given a ticket when you weren't speeding?

2. How many times have you gone over the limit, and not been given a ticket?

Two very simple questions, which you seem to be struggling to answer.

I wonder why that is.

Total idiot
I have been driving over 40 years.
I have been booked 3 times in my life
Once legitimately, I was 7 k over the limit just after coming out of a higher speed zone.

Once, and only once by a defective speed camera, which I attempted to challenge.
I was not speeding, I was definitely not doing exactly 15k over the limit.
Very convenient amount don't you think?
This is how I know about the FOI scam and how the cameras operate.
This is how I know how they work.
This is how I found out all about these devices.
I took it up with ACA who tried to gain access to the data mentioned and were refused under FOI law, illegally.

The third time was for not stopping at a stop sign.
I beat that quite simply with dash cam footage.
I was stopped for a good 6 Seconds, but the cop was after the revenue.
The illegality of the deliberately fictitious booking was never raised, apparently it's OK for cops to lie, but not us.
And while the magistrate dismissed the booking and fine, he would not entertain the prosecution of the cop for lying.

Why I know the grubberment takes advantage of people who will not challenge them.
Speed cameras were sold to the grubberment
Not as a safety device, but as a revenue device.
The grub that invented them was murdered by his own son for the money, karma is a bitch.

The system is crooked, people need to wake up to this fact.

Get a life fool

I remember a saying I saw years ago that said "stop stealing, the government hates competition" rings true to this day.

Have you watched all the Romley Stewart videos?
He has some very insightful information that...well....we will never be told unless we do as he did and research for ourselves. If you haven't seen them then have a look. Well worth it.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #200 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:51am

And then there's the evidence that our nanny-statist governments obsession with speed is actually dangerous. But who cares, they've got quotas to make.

It$ all about $afety. http://www.caradvice.com.au/493600/strict-speed-limit-enforcement-may-hinder-roa...

Enforcing strict speed limits without leeway can distract drivers from hazard detection, and therefore may have a detrimental impact on road safety, an Australian study has found.

As reported by the ABC, researchers from the University of Western Australia used a driving simulator to test whether reducing speed enforcement thresholds — principally what cameras that lack human discretion do — would impact a driver’s abilities.

“We concluded that drivers’ mental and visual resources were being used up by paying extra attention to the speed monitoring task, and this was taking some of their attention away from the visual world around them when they were driving,” she said.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #201 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:56am

Speed doesn't kill. The impact does.
People still die in cars doing the correct speed.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #202 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 8:32am

“We concluded that drivers’ mental and visual resources were being used up by paying extra attention to the speed monitoring task, and this was taking some of their attention away from the visual world around them when they were driving,” she said.

I have long held that view

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #203 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:46am

Stig wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:51am:

The weakest "argument" I've ever heard.

If looking at your dashboard is too difficult, hand in your licence - you don't belong on the road.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #204 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 12:00pm

If looking at your dashboard is too difficult, hand in your licence - you don't belong on the road.

Rely on common sense and a university study or listen to your narrow minded limp wristed cream puff throwing trolling.

No contest

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #205 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 12:04pm

miketrees wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 12:00pm:

Rely on common sense and a university study or listen to your narrow minded limp wristed cream puff throwing trolling.

No contest

I rarely look at the speedo I have a rough idea what speed I am going by the engine noise. Maybe electric cars need to simulate petrol motor sounds.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #206 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 12:07pm

No contest

If you can't stop your vehicle going over the speed limit, hand in your licence.

Catch the bus, and leave the roads to us adults.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #207 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 12:11pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 12:04pm:

No contest

I rarely look at the speedo I have a rough idea what speed I am going by the engine noise. Maybe electric cars need to simulate petrol motor sounds.

Ditto.

An experienced driver can usually estimate their speed (within a few kms) without looking at the speedo.

This "it's all too hard to watch the road, the speedo, and the signs all at once" argument is just ridiculous.

If you have trouble multitasking behind the wheel, get off the road.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Reply #208 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 12:27pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:46am:

Weakest counter I've ever heard.

Funny how so-called human factors and attention are an integral part of cockpit design and airline safety these days (as one example), but when it comes to cars we are happy to throw it all away because, good lord, someone might go a few km/h over an arbitrary speed limit.

Nope, why be a good driver and look down the road when you can spend your time monitoring a 50mm long needle for a few degrees of movement on your dashboard.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #209 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 1:08pm

Stig wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 12:27pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:46am:

Weakest counter I've ever heard.

Funny how so-called human factors and attention are an integral part of cockpit design and airline safety these days (as one example), but when it comes to cars we are happy to throw it all away because, good lord, someone might go a few km/h over an arbitrary speed limit.

Nope, why be a good driver and look down the road when you can spend your time monitoring a 50mm long needle for a few degrees of movement on your dashboard.

I think I can set up my car to beep when certain speed is reached. I also know that Volvo's can scan speed limit signs and warn you ..... sounds like you need such a device.
You can download apps to your phone that can warn you based on true speed !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print