Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Police union- speed cameras are revenue raisers (Read 3332 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Police union- speed cameras are revenue raisers
Reply #135 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 6:30pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:19am:
No your just being paranoid.
If a meth head wants to get out his car I am an ex rugby forward I would probably enjoy the workout if they want to get out and discuss such issues Smiley
So which meth infested area do you live in ?

You're an *ex* rugby forward who talks tough about going head to head with a meth head. It all depends on the person, but rugby players a few years out of the game are not known to be anywhere as tough as they were during the rugby playing days. Depending on whether you are heavily into the weights training. And meth heads are not the type of "put up your dukes" fair play fighters.

I recall when I was 90kg and able to bench 80% of my body weight, some smart arse prick who outweighed me by 20kg managed to be knocked off his feet by a well-placed uppercut. All the talk about wanting to fight me and shaping to fight me went nowhere when he could not land a punch -- and it was all over for him in one hit.

I would suggest that you make sure you can live up to the reputation you give yourself before you take on some youngster high on drugs. Because they could have not only the element of surprise, dirty fighting, etc., but also back up to help them out if they are losing.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #136 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 6:55pm

Everglade wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:50am:
I don't understand why everyone is brushing over the overt racism in this thread.

Is no-one else alarmed by it?

We Australians are not overly sensitive about casual racism. The way racism dies is when it gets ignored or rejected through lack of entertaining its merits. Otherwise, it will continue to be used as a shock tool to the naive and hypersensitive.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #137 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:11pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:58am:
Everglade wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:50am:
I don't understand why everyone is brushing over the overt racism in this thread.

Is no-one else alarmed by it?

I'm alarmed at how some Asians manage to get their license when they can't ever perform a simple lane merge.

Ever been to China?
It's a complete nightmare over there.
They drive as if no other car is on the road.

BUT
The way it works is that he who runs into someone pays
Regardless of what the other driver does, even driving down the wrong side of the road.

Surprisingly this reduces accidents because they will do anything to avoid a crash.

Not like Australians, who deliberately target anyone who dares to do anything they see as wrong, and because they are "technically" in the right, they get compensated.

We should use maritime rules.
Both captains are charged
One for doing the wrong thing
And
The other for not avoiding the accident

That would help reduce accidents
And for the likes of gweggy, extra fines and revenue

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #138 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:16pm

IP Logged

bludger

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:26pm

The problem is, if some-one is speeding and is clocked by a hidden device the driver is free to go on breaking the law.
The question  must be asked- Is speeding a threat to life and limb or not?  If it is the driver must be pulled over and dealt with immediately. If not then the whole thing is a farce.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:27pm

bludger wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:26pm:
The problem is, if some-one is speeding and is clocked by a hidden device the driver is free to go on breaking the law.
The question  must be asked- Is speeding a threat to life and limb or not?  If it is the driver must be pulled over and dealt with immediately. If not then the whole thing is a farce.

Yes.

That's a good point.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:27pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:16pm:

So funny, yet so wrong.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #142 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:06pm

There was that commercial years ago about a speeding motorist getting clocked by a speed camera. Then, a minute afterwards, the speeding, distracted driver gets into a head on collision with an oncoming car carrying a family or 5. Commercial ends with him in hospital in stitches, whilst a nurse reprimands him for making orphans of the surviving victims.

A weekend later, someone wrote in to the newspaper to say that the flaw with the commercial was that the officer manning the speed camera did not chase down the driver to warn him of his speeding. A warning would have saved the life of the family.

Speed cameras are only good to try and discourage people from speeding. But it won't stop the road toll from distracted drivers.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:16pm

Exactly.

Then begs the question of the motor vehicles speed capabilities. Some vehicles can double our national limits with ease.

It's a money raising con.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #144 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:48pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 6:30pm:
If a meth head wants to get out his car I am an ex rugby forward I would probably enjoy the workout if they want to get out and discuss such issues Smiley

You're an *ex* rugby forward who talks tough about going head to head with a meth head. It all depends on the person, but rugby players a few years out of the game are not known to be anywhere as tough as they were during the rugby playing days. Depending on whether you are heavily into the weights training. And meth heads are not the type of "put up your dukes" fair play fighters.

I recall when I was 90kg and able to bench 80% of my body weight, some smart arse prick who outweighed me by 20kg managed to be knocked off his feet by a well-placed uppercut. All the talk about wanting to fight me and shaping to fight me went nowhere when he could not land a punch -- and it was all over for him in one hit.

I would suggest that you make sure you can live up to the reputation you give yourself before you take on some youngster high on drugs. Because they could have not only the element of surprise, dirty fighting, etc., but also back up to help them out if they are losing.

Very presumptuous of you, I suggest the next time you light yourself up with meth you don't bump into me Smiley

Big talk from a little man, BTW do you also live in a meth infested area ?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #145 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 9:00pm

RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:48pm:

Very presumptuous of you, I suggest the next time you light yourself up with meth you don't bump into me Smiley

Not sure. It is more about heroin and minor stuff like marijuana.

And if I were on ice and I managed to meet you, it would probably be you needing the ambulance ride to hospital.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #146 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 4:31am

Do they take pictures of murderers and post them fines?

Do they take pictures of trespassers (potential terrorists) at airports and send them fines?

Do they take pictures of gun wielding maniacs and send them fines?

If speeding is as bad as the thought police want us to believe, they are contributing to the road toll by not arresting them on the spot.

But they know it's nowhere near really dangerous, there are far more dangerous activities on the road which are neglected because it's not easy lazy money like speed.
I refer to the drunk, drugged, unlicensed drivers, I refer to the defective cars and trucks. I refer to the idiots who simply cannot drive.

But if govco started spending time and money on these REAL road problems, they would not be raking in as much cash.
Most drug taking alcoholics have no money for fines.
Most people driving bangers and defective trucks do so because they can afford no better.
The unlicensed and problematic drivers will ignore court orders and will not,  can not pay fines.
NO PROFIT, AND MUCH WORK
So these things are ignored.

Speed enforcement is quite simply easy cash for a lazy grubberment.
It is so easy for a cerebral deficient cop to prove
Duh, the little red light sed he was speeding.

If they took all the speeding drivers off the road.
Even those 1 or 2 klm/ hr  over the limit, the grubberment would go broke.
They know it, we know it.
It's just a money making scam, perpetuated by an organisation that can't even build the roads they are in existence to build.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #147 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 4:49am

Here is something to contemplate.
We have the technology to restrict the speed of any vehicle.
A simple modification to most of today's computer controlled vehicles for a few hundred dollars could easily be fitted.
For a few dollars at every speed change, a simple transponder could be buried in the road, these transponders are slightly bigger than a pen, are static and are only active when the receive a signal from a transmitter, the one fitted to the vehicle.
That means there is zero maintenance required, but and forget.

Every time a vehicle goes over a transponder, it is limited to the speed for which that transponder is coded.
Easy? And far more effective than cameras and police.

There are two reasons this will never be done.
1) they know speed is not the primary cause of accidents and that accidents will continue or even increase as the drivers will pay even less attention than they do now.
2) the second reason is far more compelling to govco,
$400,000,000.00 A year and rising.

It's all about revenue
Only revenue

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 5:26am

Valkie wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 4:49am:
Here is something to contemplate.
We have the technology to restrict the speed of any vehicle.
A simple modification to most of today's computer controlled vehicles for a few hundred dollars could easily be fitted.
For a few dollars at every speed change, a simple transponder could be buried in the road, these transponders are slightly bigger than a pen, are static and are only active when the receive a signal from a transmitter, the one fitted to the vehicle.
That means there is zero maintenance required, but and forget.

Every time a vehicle goes over a transponder, it is limited to the speed for which that transponder is coded.
Easy? And far more effective than cameras and police.

There are two reasons this will never be done.
1) they know speed is not the primary cause of accidents and that accidents will continue or even increase as the drivers will pay even less attention than they do now.
2) the second reason is far more compelling to govco,
$400,000,000.00 A year and rising.

It's all about revenue
Only revenue

It is 100% revenue....nothing more.
They brainwash the masses into thinking they are trying to prevent speeding yet allow the masses to
1. Keep speeding once they have flashed you and the infringement process is under way
And 2. Allow the masses to purchase vehicles that have the capability of blowing our highest posted speed limit out of the water.
The whole thing is a joke, criminal actually.

Drivers in Brisbane started slowing down...so what do the gov do? Lower speed limits to catch out motorists. You would never see a cop on a certain road till the speed was reduced...then they hit it hard.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #149 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 5:47am

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 9:00pm:
RightSaidFred wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:48pm:

Not sure. It is more about heroin and minor stuff like marijuana.

And if I were on ice and I managed to meet you, it would probably be you needing the ambulance ride to hospital.

Sounds like your on Ice have you discussed this with your parole officer ? Come on little man own up to your addiction its the first step.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Send Topic Print