Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cops using facial recognition in China (Read 954 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Cops using facial recognition in China
Reply #15 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:19am

Well, I certainly would like to see people with outstanding warrants getting picked up.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #16 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:30am

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:19am:
Well, I certainly would like to see people with outstanding warrants getting picked up.

How far would you go to achieve this?
Or let me put it this way, how much freedom are you willing to give up to catch fine defaulters.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #17 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:40am

Setanta wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:30am:

Or let me put it this way, how much freedom are you willing to give up to catch fine defaulters.

I would be quite happy to see criminals in sporting venues, and taverns, and cinemas, and shopping centres getting picked up for their violent activities. As for fine defaulters, they won't need to be a high priority.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #18 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:03am

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:40am:
Setanta wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:30am:

I would be quite happy to see criminals in sporting venues, and taverns, and cinemas, and shopping centres getting picked up for their violent activities. As for fine defaulters, they won't need to be a high priority.

How far are are you willing to go? Who are these "criminals"? What lengths are you willing to go in giving up your rights to have them captured?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #19 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:11am

Setanta, 20 years ago I was both under surveillance for police protection AND for being one of many suspects in a murder investigation. Police went through my records, my studies, my internet history, my workplace role, my friends' details, and kept an eye on any place I went in public. When the threat left and Leonard John Fraser got done for the serial killings, the police protection/surveillance was ended. I did not feel violated.

I am sure that only criminals would be worried about more effective surveillance.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print