Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Victorian judge bans niquab in court (Read 21110 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Victorian judge bans niquab in court
Reply #285 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:58pm

Gnads wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:52pm:
Gnads wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:37pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 12:48pm:
Grap: there are people on this forum who argue (not very well) that Burkas are a security risk.

So, I'll ask again: who are the people under those mascot heads, in that public arena filled with tens of thousands of innocent people?

https://statics.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/mascot-derby-14855881...

Bet not one is Muslim and or they've all been vetted.

How do you know?

And how do you know one of them isn't another Las Vegas shooter?

I'm curious.

Is or is not?

BTW where was the Las Vegas shooter?

He certainly wasn't out in the middle of the Music Concert/Festival ..............

was he?

Bad/poor example.

With a costume like that, the next Las Vegas shooter could be right in the middle of the crowd.

Surrounded by hundreds of kids, perhaps.

If you were serious about security, you'd be calling for a ban on all costumes like that.

Are you really just a poorly educated, ignorant Islamophobe intent on spreading irrational fear and hatred?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #286 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:05pm

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 5:06pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 2:29pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 2:07pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:37am:
Maybe we should just ban Muslims altogether and save all the trouble and argument???  deport those here already and start again with some new blood that will integrate.... take Gladys with you when you go......

Why not ban all religion....That would save everyone the problem of trying to defend one freedom over another....Either everyone is entitled to believe in their god and worship accordingly or they should all be banned IMO!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Besides - I'm not talking about a religion - I'm talking about a specific group within society which shows little to no sign of wanting to be a full and contributing part of it... but demands that we accept its ways in full....

If they'd just shut up and go about their own business in peace nobody would say BOO to these ghost women in their offshore garb.

I must say bullshit to that....I work with some Muslim blokes from Coco's Island who have generations of Muslims and they are the nicest hardest working people I have met....They have no concern with all the bullshit in the ME and enjoy fishing (A lot)....What you are doing is lumping everyone who follows Islam into the same basket and claiming superiority....If you are a Catholic does that automatically make you a kiddy fiddler???

Huh Huh Huh

Never confuse the faith with the supposedly faithful.
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive Comic, 10-19-06

Grin Grin And why would Cocos Islanders
an Australian Territory be concerned about the ME?

They are far from everything & as to this discussion they are irrelevant.

The fact is that the Muslim migrants/refugees/illegal boaties from the ME on mainland Australia are doing exactly what Grappler alluded to here ..

Quote:
I'm talking about a specific group within society which shows little to no sign of wanting to be a full and contributing part of it... but demands that we accept its ways in full..

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #287 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:05pm

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #288 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:11pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
Grap: there are people on this forum who argue (not very well) that Burkas are a security risk.

So, I'll ask again: who are the people under those mascot heads, in that public arena filled with tens of thousands of innocent people?

https://statics.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/mascot-derby-14855881...

How do you know?

I'm curious.

Is or is not?

He certainly wasn't out in the middle of the Music Concert/Festival ..............

was he?

Bad/poor example.

With a costume like that, the next Las Vegas shooter could be right in the middle of the crowd.

If you were serious about security, you'd be calling for a ban on all costumes like that.

Are you really just a poorly educated, ignorant Islamophobe intent on spreading irrational fear and hatred?

I'm curious.

Pure speculation & hardly relevant to a Judge ordering that everyone in his court has their faces uncovered.

It seems that you are just a head up ones jacksie kowtowing apologist.

There is nothing irrational or hate/fear spreading in believing that the Judge in question has every right to have all people in his court with their faces exposed.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #289 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:32pm

How do you know?

I'm curious.

Is or is not?

was he?

Bad/poor example.

I'm curious.

Try going to a court dressed as a fat arsed wombat, turd.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #290 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:35pm

Gnads wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:52pm:
Frank wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 4:26pm:
Aussie wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Have allowed this to mull around in the head for a day or so, and I reckon the Judge is wrong.  To get to the point quickly....he does not have the lawful right to dictate what clothing (apart from modesty and general tidiness is concerned) people in the public gallery may wear.  If he did, he could arbitrary insist that only those wearing green suits can be there.  He could artificially defeat the old maxim that Justice must be seen to be done.

Nah. He is wrong.

No mulling will cure your stupidity.  You always miss the point by a mile and it's  no different now

"I require anybody who comes into the court — and all are welcome — but anybody who comes into the court, for their face to be uncovered,” the judge said.

And it is absolutely correct. It's  not about what you wear, thicko, but showing your FACE in court.

Smiley

Do you think he or Peccar or Philspurt will get that?

I doubt it.

I know. There is NO WAY they are ever able to get any point. That's  exactly their game - to miss the point and argue about their deliberate misunderstanding.

Stupidity is the only thing they are good at so they will never ever give it up.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #291 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:45pm

Frank wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:32pm:

How do you know?

I'm curious.

Is or is not?

was he?

Bad/poor example.

I'm curious.

Try going to a court dressed as a fat arsed wombat, turd.

And once again, Frank misses the point.

Tsk tsk   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #292 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:46pm

Gnads wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:11pm:

How do you know?

I'm curious.

Is or is not?

was he?

Bad/poor example.

I'm curious.

Pure speculation & hardly relevant to a Judge ordering that everyone in his court has their faces uncovered.

It seems that you are just a head up ones jacksie kowtowing apologist.

There is nothing irrational or hate/fear spreading in believing that the Judge in question has every right to have all people in his court with their faces exposed.

What about surgical burns masks?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #293 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:01pm

What about them you dill?

Has someone been asked to remove one in a court of law?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #294 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:16pm

Gnads wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:01pm:

No, they have not.  Do you reckon this Judge who tossed a member of the public gallery out because of some piece of apparel covering her face would have tossed out a person wearing one of those burn masks.  If not, why not?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #295 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:17pm

Frank wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:35pm:
Gnads wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 12:52pm:
Frank wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 4:26pm:
Aussie wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Have allowed this to mull around in the head for a day or so, and I reckon the Judge is wrong.  To get to the point quickly....he does not have the lawful right to dictate what clothing (apart from modesty and general tidiness is concerned) people in the public gallery may wear.  If he did, he could arbitrary insist that only those wearing green suits can be there.  He could artificially defeat the old maxim that Justice must be seen to be done.

Nah. He is wrong.

No mulling will cure your stupidity.  You always miss the point by a mile and it's  no different now

"I require anybody who comes into the court — and all are welcome — but anybody who comes into the court, for their face to be uncovered,” the judge said.

And it is absolutely correct. It's  not about what you wear, thicko, but showing your FACE in court.

Smiley

Do you think he or Peccar or Philspurt will get that?

I doubt it.

I know. There is NO WAY they are ever able to get any point. That's  exactly their game - to miss the point and argue about their deliberate misunderstanding.

Stupidity is the only thing they are good at so they will never ever give it up.

Yet you miss the main point entirely because it does not suit your ignorance....The judge excluded on woman for wearing a niquab who was the defendants wife....He excluded no other woman for wearing the same garment....I don't give a f@#k if the judge was consistent and did not show prejudice towards the defendant....You ignore my point and contrive irrelevant bullshit to justify your bigotry....You abuse the right to be stupid mate!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
Friedrich von Schiller (1759 - 1805)

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #296 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:25pm

Gnads wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:01pm:

Should people wearing them be asked to remove them?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #297 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:33pm

How would the accused terrorist have any idea that thing under the black sack is his thing, it could be a ring in for all he knows, she could be off living it up somewhere knowing she is not going to get beat up anymore.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #298 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:40pm

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:17pm:
The judge excluded on woman for wearing a niquab who was the defendants wife....He excluded no other woman for wearing the same garment..

You are lying, of course, effortlessly, with barely a blink of the eye.

Progress, innit.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #299 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 5:44pm

What is it with posters from Perth???

There are three - philperth, bwian and gwegowyturdery - and they are all three stupid in exactly the same way!!!!

What are the chances of THAT, I ask?? They must know each other and be friends or they are the same dickheaddle.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27
Send Topic Print