Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Victorian judge bans niquab in court (Read 20825 times)
Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Victorian judge bans niquab in court
Reply #180 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:04pm

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:56pm:
Johnnie wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:52pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 7:44pm:
Johnnie wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 7:34pm:
I answered every question.

Quote:
Women connected to the case have previously been allowed in court wearing niqabs or burqas.

The judge singled out the accused's wife when other woman had been permitted to enter the court wearing niqabs or burqas....What will the jury think of this or doesn't a fair trial matter???

Huh Huh Huh

Its getting a bit confusing, having masked people in a court of law is bazarre, the implications are extreme to say the least.

It probably happens in Muslim countries more often than not???

Huh Huh Huh

Wouldn't that leave the court system open to more corruption than it presently is, or does religious freedom mean more to you?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #181 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:10am

Quote:
Women connected to the case have previously been allowed in court wearing niqabs or burqas.

The judge singled out the accused's wife when other woman had been permitted to enter the court wearing niqabs or burqas....What will the jury think of this or doesn't a fair trial matter???

Huh Huh Huh

Its getting a bit confusing, having masked people in a court of law is bazarre, the implications are extreme to say the least.

Huh Huh Huh

See the thing is....we are not a muslim country and ot never will be so they can respect OUR courts and remove them when asked too.
I couldn't care less what they do in THEIR country, just don't expect other countries to bow down to their customs. It is insulting and disrespectful to wear your head covering here.
Hoodies have had a crack down, it's time these head garments did too.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #182 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:40am

Aussie wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:55pm:
Valkie wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:39pm:
Aussie

Your sentence structure, your argument and you manner reflect the exact same mannerisms as the peccerhead.

Are you closely related?????
Snicker, snicker
😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲��😲😲😲😲😲😲

Indeed we are.  It seems we went to the same Primary School.

Same class
Same desk

Hmmmmmm
😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #183 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:26am

Mr Hammer wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:06pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:22am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:17am:
philperth2010 wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:03am:
Alinta wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:18am:
philperth2010 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
Alinta wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:18pm:
Simply answered your question Phil...

Just that you agree with the judges decision....You gave no valid reason why the judge would make that decision as she was not a witness???

Huh Huh Huh

No, I never said I agree with his decision because I don't - in these circumstances, I personally do not feel any valid reason.

All I am saying is Justice Beale made a call as he saw fit - his valid reason being no face covering in his court. His right to do so.  That should not be confused with my agreeance that it was the right call.

However the judge should always remain impartial and show no bias....His decision could influence the jury against the defendant....I accept the judge has every right to maintain order in the court without bias...The niquab is not illegal in Australia!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Isn't it bias to make everybody else take their hats off but she can get away with a full face covering?

Are you going to ask people to remove their surgical burns masks when entering court?

Like my poor ex-neighbour, Dana?

Taking off something that's holding your skin together is a little different to a piece of cloth Pecca. It's not at all related.

Wouldn't that be the perfect disguise, then?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #184 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:26am

Captain Caveman wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:10am:

Quote:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

See the thing is....we are not a muslim country and ot never will be so they can respect OUR courts and remove them when asked too.
I couldn't care less what they do in THEIR country, just don't expect other countries to bow down to their customs. It is insulting and disrespectful to wear your head covering here.

There is a good chance this accused terrorist is as guilty as sin, first of all he has been accused and second his woman wears a Burka, they have flooded this court with Burkas to draw media attention and to gather support from the PC mob to get him off by way of an unfair trial, playing the racist card etc, they should call in the local gallow building contractor and start construction ASAP.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:29am

Mr Hammer wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:39pm:
Aussie wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:15pm:
Quote:
Taking off something that's holding your skin together is a little different to a piece of cloth Pecca. It's not at all relalated.

Unsurprisingly, you miss the point Mr Peccarry is making.  Do you even understand what that point is?
Nope.

Could a surgical mask be worn by someone who actually has no burns, but just wants to conceal their identity?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #186 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:17am

Johnnie wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:04pm:

Quote:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

Wouldn't that leave the court system open to more corruption than it presently is, or does religious freedom mean more to you?

Yes freedom means a lot to me....Woman have and still are allowed to wear a niquab or a burka into a court room gallery including during this case, apart from this one woman who was the defendants wife....How is it corrupt to watch proceedings from the gallery wearing a niquab or a burka???

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #187 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:20am

Johnnie wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:26am:

Quote:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

There is a good chance this accused terrorist is as guilty as sin, first of all he has been accused and second his woman wears a Burka, they have flooded this court with Burkas to draw media attention and to gather support from the PC mob to get him off by way of an unfair trial, playing the racist card etc, they should call in the local gallow building contractor and start construction ASAP.

It would be you playing the racist card....Accused is not guilty....Wearing a burka is not illegal in Australia and has been worn in many courts in Australia.....The judge singled out one woman....Why???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #188 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:47am

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:26am:

Just that you agree with the judges decision....You gave no valid reason why the judge would make that decision as she was not a witness???

Huh Huh Huh

No, I never said I agree with his decision because I don't - in these circumstances, I personally do not feel any valid reason.

All I am saying is Justice Beale made a call as he saw fit - his valid reason being no face covering in his court. His right to do so.  That should not be confused with my agreeance that it was the right call.

However the judge should always remain impartial and show no bias....His decision could influence the jury against the defendant....I accept the judge has every right to maintain order in the court without bias...The niquab is not illegal in Australia!!!

Isn't it bias to make everybody else take their hats off but she can get away with a full face covering?

Are you going to ask people to remove their surgical burns masks when entering court?

Taking off something that's holding your skin together is a little different to a piece of cloth Pecca. It's not at all related.

Not really - you can still make out features etc, unlike a loose hanging bandanna set up for stagecoach robbery....

Catwalk models?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #189 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:48am

Corrupt is not the term, Phil. It's a question of openness or otherwise in proceedings.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #190 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:53am

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:20am:
Johnnie wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:26am:

Quote:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

It would be you playing the racist card....Accused is not guilty....Wearing a burka is not illegal in Australia and has been worn in many courts in Australia.....The judge singled out one woman....Why???

Huh Huh Huh

Cmon phill.
It's not racist. Can you tell me what race wears a burqa or niqab ?

It is a garment that is derogatory to women in this society and it is offensive.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #191 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:21am

Valkie wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:40am:
Aussie wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:55pm:
Valkie wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:39pm:
Aussie

Your sentence structure, your argument and you manner reflect the exact same mannerisms as the peccerhead.

Are you closely related?????
Snicker, snicker
😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲��😲😲😲😲😲😲

Indeed we are.  It seems we went to the same Primary School.

Same class
Same desk

Hmmmmmm
😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

Might have been the same desk.  Not the same years, or Class obviously.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #192 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:23am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:47am:

Huh Huh Huh

Not really - you can still make out features etc, unlike a loose hanging bandanna set up for stagecoach robbery....

https://cdn.xl.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/dentist-putting-on-her-surgical-mask-at-...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/17/5d/19/175d19770c8fb134e055cf2e70c8bee9.jpg

Catwalk models?

He is referring to this surgical mask.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #193 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:24am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:47am:

Huh Huh Huh

https://cdn.xl.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/dentist-putting-on-her-surgical-mask-at-...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/17/5d/19/175d19770c8fb134e055cf2e70c8bee9.jpg

Catwalk models?

A surgical burns mask.  Like Dana's.

If exceptions are made for these - and they most certainly should be - what's stopping someone (without burns) using one to conceal their identity in court?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:34am

This is corruption alright, and it is at ground level, only the Muslims are doing this and they are doing it by sending in owned bitches in disguises under the guise of religion, it leaves the door wide open for bikies and terrorists alike to extort and more. Criminals will use any means possible to for their own benefit and to deny this is being naïve as hell.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27
Send Topic Print