Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Victorian judge bans niquab in court (Read 20828 times)
Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Victorian judge bans niquab in court
Reply #105 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:43am

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:42am:
Valkie wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:23am:
The trolls will use every avenue possible to extrapolate on the stupidest principles to justify the stupidity of this CULT.

The simple fact is.
And I know it will be hard for you trolls to comprehend.

There is a universal ban on headwear or face concealing garb in Australian courts.

Why?
So the judge can see the people in his/ her court and determine if they be a threat.

Now, if you wish to extrapolate into stupidity.
What if a western woman was to wear no head scarf and a short, but modest dress in a sand monkey court?
Do you think these barbarians would accept that without question?
Of course not, and you sand monkey lovers woukd say it's their right to do so.

So get off you high horses
Realize that the tent worn by these retards is not a recognised religious garb, but nothing more than a statement of radicalization.

Before the muzzos went all retard.
The women in many of their countries wore much the same as they do everywhere.
Then they went all stooopid like and started enforcing the tent to hide all the child brides and seriously ugly females.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/5017466-3x2-340x227.jpg

Burns victim Dana Vulin arrives at Court for the sentencing of Natalie Dimitrovska.

Your attempts at equivalency are getting more and more moronic and desperate.

You know how to google images, you have yet to learn how to think.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #106 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:48am

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:43am:
philperth2010 wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:58am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:54am:
Who cares.
Take the fkkn thing off and show some respect.

Its an offensive head garment in western culture.
It's not a fashion accessory, it's imposed on women through sharia. If they don't wear it they're flogged.

We banned the hoodie so I can't see why we can't ban the niqab.

Now....if they don't like it they can pack their bags and piss off, oh and they can take a luvie with them.

Yet you show no respect towards their beliefs and customs....Freedom has it's problems but we are better off with it than without it!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Only the morally bankrupt lefties support a belief like Islam which has the death penalty for homosexuals and atheists, Mundine is a convert to Islam he supports capital punishment for homosexuals it's like silence of the lambs when muslims call for death to poofters.

Why do the lefties put support for ancient beliefs before respect for humanity?

I do not support any religion....However I respect people's right to worship which ever god they choose peacefully....There is no death penalty in Australia for any crime so your point is mute!!!

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:52am

Secret Wars wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:43am:
The trolls will use every avenue possible to extrapolate on the stupidest principles to justify the stupidity of this CULT.

The simple fact is.

There is a universal ban on headwear or face concealing garb in Australian courts.

Why?
So the judge can see the people in his/ her court and determine if they be a threat.

What if a western woman was to wear no head scarf and a short, but modest dress in a sand monkey court?

Realize that the tent worn by these retards is not a recognised religious garb, but nothing more than a statement of radicalization.

Then they went all stooopid like and started enforcing the tent to hide all the child brides and seriously ugly females.

Burns victim Dana Vulin arrives at Court for the sentencing of Natalie Dimitrovska.

"There is a universal ban on headwear or face concealing garb in Australian courts."

No, there is not.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:57am

Who cares.

It's not a fashion accessory, it's imposed on women through sharia. If they don't wear it they're flogged.

Now....if they don't like it they can pack their bags and piss off, oh and they can take a luvie with them.

Yet you show no respect towards their beliefs and customs....Freedom has it's problems but we are better off with it than without it!!!

Only the morally bankrupt lefties support a belief like Islam which has the death penalty for homosexuals and atheists, Mundine is a convert to Islam he supports capital punishment for homosexuals it's like silence of the lambs when muslims call for death to poofters.

Wrong, once again.

I, for example, have always opposed capital punishment in all circumstances.

I've certainly not been silent about it.

Booby, on the other hand, not only supports capital punishment, but he also supports illegal hangings in the street.

Tsk tsk   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:00am

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:52am:

The simple fact is.

Why?

"There is a universal ban on headwear or face concealing garb in Australian courts."

No, there is not.

I didn't say there was.  What I did point out, was that your attempt at a riposte was more moronic than your usual moronic attempts at equivalency.  If instead of trying to break forum records for being the most prolific troll and pest you should think more and post less.

And step outside into the fresh air once in a while and look at something other than a screen.  Smiley

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:02am

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:57am:
Who cares.

Wrong, once again.

I, for example, have always opposed capital punishment in all circumstances.

I've certainly not been silent about it.

Booby, on the other hand, not only supports capital punishment, but he also supports illegal hangings in the street.

Tsk tsk   Roll Eyes

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:05am

Secret Wars wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:00am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:52am:

The simple fact is.

Why?

No, there is not.

I didn't say there was.  What I did point out, was that your attempt at a riposte was more moronic than your usual moronic attempts at equivalency.  If instead of trying to break forum records for being the most prolific troll and pest you should think more and post less.

And step outside into the fresh air once in a while and look at something other than a screen.  Smiley

You need to engage your brain.

Ban all face coverings from court, and that poor woman would not be allowed to attend.

Is that what you want?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:17am

There is no right or wrong answer which is why this debate is so vexing as it touches on religion, despite apologists saying niquabs have got nothing to do wiv religion, on culture, which raises the question are all aspects of a culture worth protecting and encouraging, and freedom to wear what you want, despite that freedom not being absolute anyway.

For the greater good, in Australia, I would ban wearing a niquab in public spaces. Hijabs, fine. I see nothing wrong with a country like Australia declaring that women should be treated equally and demonstrating that by not condoning clothing that is a symbol and outcome of patriarchal and inequal society. 

Of course, some women will declare themselves to be bent out of shape taking away the freedom to dress in a sack and be hidden.  Other women and women unborn will rejoice in a declaration of female equality.  God knows the sisters in Iran would.

Not everything diverse needs to be celebrated, we have the right to impose to steer the country in a direction which is toward equality.   

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #113 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:18am

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
Alinta wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:18pm:
Simply answered your question Phil...

Just that you agree with the judges decision....You gave no valid reason why the judge would make that decision as she was not a witness???

Huh Huh Huh

No, I never said I agree with his decision because I don't - in these circumstances, I personally do not feel any valid reason.

All I am saying is Justice Beale made a call as he saw fit - his valid reason being no face covering in his court. His right to do so.  That should not be confused with my agreeance that it was the right call.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #114 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:30am

The simple fact is.

Why?

Well well well  who'd have thunk you'd turn up being an absolute idiot. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
You need to seek professional help gweggy. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:30am

Grendel wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:30am:

The simple fact is.

Why?

Well well well  who'd have thunk you'd turn up being and absolute idiot.
You need to seek professional help gweggy.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #116 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:36am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:42pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 9:55pm:
Bobby. wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 9:04pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 9:01pm:
Aussie wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 8:52pm:
How about taking your shirt off Bobby?

How about you and Bobby get a room Aussie???

Wink Wink Wink

Aussie is being very poofy tonight.  Embarrassed

Na....I think he is trying to make a point....The woman would not remove her garment and decided she would prefer the judge would get f@#ked....It is her right to do so when the judge is an ass!!!

Cool Cool Cool

He calls himself a lawyer but has no respect for judges - go figure?

There were many individual Judges most Lawyers had no respect for.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #117 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:57am

Secret Wars wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:17am:
There is no right or wrong answer which is why this debate is so vexing as it touches on religion, despite apologists saying niquabs have got nothing to do wiv religion, on culture, which raises the question are all aspects of a culture worth protecting and encouraging, and freedom to wear what you want, despite that freedom not being absolute anyway.

For the greater good, in Australia, I would ban wearing a niquab in public spaces. Hijabs, fine. I see nothing wrong with a country like Australia declaring that women should be treated equally and demonstrating that by not condoning clothing that is a symbol and outcome of patriarchal and inequal society. 

Of course, some women will declare themselves to be bent out of shape taking away the freedom to dress in a sack and be hidden.  Other women and women unborn will rejoice in a declaration of female equality.  God knows the sisters in Iran would.

Not everything diverse needs to be celebrated, we have the right to impose to steer the country in a direction which is toward equality.   

Muslim women are not required to completely cover up or wear tents etc...

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #118 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:58am

Grendel wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:30am:

The simple fact is.

Why?

Well well well  who'd have thunk you'd turn up being an absolute idiot.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
You need to seek professional help gweggy.
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:00am

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 9:46pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 9:16pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 9:00pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 8:44pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 8:42pm:
I don't understand why a judge who is supposed to be impartial would take offence to any cultural dress standard....He is trying a Muslim and having family members wearing Islamic dress would be a given....I think the judge is showing bias against the defendant here???

Huh Huh Huh

Yeah screw her. It's the dress code of the most extreme sect of Islam.

That is also a conclusion the judge has made....The question is should the Judge, judge those not on trial....The last time I checked wearing a hijab ect....in Australia is not illegal....The judge is showing extreme prejudice IMO!!!

Huh Huh Huh

He didn't ping her for wearing a hijab. I'd actually be on her side for that. A Niquab is a whole different kettle of fish from a hijab.

I had no idea, nor do I care....If a minority is on trial his relatives will wear all sorts of cultural dress that do not conform to certain norms or religious garb....My point is I see no reason to exclude someone for wearing a Niquab....The judge is making a negative judgement on a member of the gallery (who happens to be the defendants wife) which is prejudice against the defendant....I am not surprised the Islamic council was outraged!!!

Huh Huh Huh

When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.
Charles Evans Hughes, Address at Faneuil Hall, Boston, Massachusetts, June 17, 1925

It could interfere with questioning. The courts get a lot from facial expressions during questioning. It may also hinder interactions between her and court staff. It's an advantage to not have your face seen.

I can understand that reasoning if she was a witness....However I believe she was only a member of a very limited public gallery....The right to religious freedom is a right in any democracy unfortunately in some cases....You cannot punish the innocent for the crimes of the guilty???

Huh Huh Huh

Never confuse the faith with the supposedly faithful.
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive Comic, 10-19-06

She's the wife of an accused terrorist. I'm sure she'll face questioning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27
Send Topic Print