Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Gandalf, you must choose: either.... (Read 8031 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Gandalf, you must choose: either....
Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:11pm

Gandalf, you must choose, either:

1) you're a Quranist. You believe solely in the Quran, and reject the Hadith in its entirety; or,

2) you believe in both the Quran and the Hadith.

If you are a Quranist, then you cannot cite Hadith verses to support your claims, nor can you cite any other sources.

If you support the Quran and the Hadith, then you cannot subscribe to a peaceful interpretation of Islam, because of the Sunnah completely doesn't support that.

Anything in between 1) and 2) and then you are adopting a 'anything-goes' approach, which you chided me for, and would make you a hypocrite.
--------
But, because I'm fair, if you publicly choose 1) or 2), then other members must likewise be confined to similar arguments. For example, if you choose 1) then we cannot also cite sources outside of the Quran to refute your claims. If you choose 2) then we can cite sources outside of the Quran to support our claims.

My suggestion is that you declare yourself a Quranist, which would then reduce the debate and argument to the Quran solely, which means that neither you nor Freediver can use external sources to support your claims.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Gandalf, you must choose: either....
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:24pm

Gandalf reject bits of both the Quran and Hadith. He does this by insisting they mean the opposite of what they say.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:26pm

freediver wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:24pm:
Gandalf reject bits of both the Quran and Hadith. He does this by insisting they mean the opposite of what they say.

Ok, but if Gandalf publicly claimed that he was a Quranist, would you be willing to argue with him on equal terms and not use external sources such as the Hadith and the histories to support your arguments???

You have to be fair.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:29pm

The discussion is now over. I have accused Gandalf of being a lying Muslim.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:30pm

freediver wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:29pm:

But, to be fair you do acknowledge that he is 'limited' in how much he can interpret the Quran?? After all, it is the literal Word of God, and one cannot dispute God, can they?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:38pm

Auggie wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:11pm:

Who died and appointed you God ?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:02pm

Dnarever wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:38pm:
Auggie wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:11pm:

Who died and appointed you God ?

No one.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 9:27pm

Auggie wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:30pm:

But, to be fair you do acknowledge that he is 'limited' in how much he can interpret the Quran?? After all, it is the literal Word of God, and one cannot dispute God, can they?

I don't see any limits. He has shown remarkable flexibility.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 10:03pm

There is one faith and all else is sin.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:36am

Not quite. I accept the Quran in its entirety in the way I choose to interpret it.

I will cherry pick ahadith, absolutely, and i make no apology for that. Those that concur with the Quranic message I accept, those that contradict it I reject. Simple. For the ahadith are nothing but unreliable chinese whispers that were not written down until 200+ years after the events they describe supposedly happened. Yet if they convey an uncontroversial peaceful and tolerant message that is in line with the Quran, then why not accept them?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:45am

No you didn't. You accused me of insisting something means the opposite of what you think it says. Thats called disagreeing with what you think, not lying.

If you are still confused about what lying is, I'll once again use the example from your wiki (which I assume is still there) - where you claim that "muslims" (plural) said a number of statements when you actually only know of one who said it. Thats what a lie is FD - deliberately changing one fact (you heard me, and only me, say something) into something completely different (claiming that multiple people said it).

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 10:16am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 10:03pm:

There is one faith and all else is sin.

The arrogance of you people is as stunning as your ignorance.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #12 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 11:45am

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:36am:

Not quite. I accept the Quran in its entirety in the way I choose to interpret it.

I will cherry pick ahadith, absolutely, and i make no apology for that. Those that concur with the Quranic message I accept, those that contradict it I reject. Simple. For the ahadith are nothing but unreliable chinese whispers that were not written down until 200+ years after the events they describe supposedly happened. Yet if they convey an uncontroversial peaceful and tolerant message that is in line with the Quran, then why not accept them?

So, you realise that the aha ditch are considered to be authoritative in the Sunni tradition. Therefore, you are picking and choosing verses in what is considered to be authoritative. You see the ‘anything goes’ approach here, don’t you?

That’s what I’ve argued in this thread: either you are a Quranist (sola quranica) or you accept the ahadith in its entirety. Anything in between is ‘anything goes’.

Second, how do you explain the glaring contradictions in the Quran, along with the change in style of speech? Surely, someone as omnipotent as God would be consistent in His speech???

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #13 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 11:48am

Also, can you explain to me if you find killing spiritual?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:11pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:36am:

You choose to interpret the opposite of what the Quran actually says. This nonsense about the whole of the Quran is just an excuse to tell a series of lies about what different parts of the Quran says.

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:45am:

No you didn't. You accused me of insisting something means the opposite of what you think it says. Thats called disagreeing with what you think, not lying.

Thanks Gandalf. I knew I was far more polite than you were implying.

Quote:
If you are still confused about what lying is, I'll once again use the example from your wiki (which I assume is still there) - where you claim that "muslims" (plural) said a number of statements when you actually only know of one who said it. Thats what a lie is FD - deliberately changing one fact (you heard me, and only me, say something) into something completely different (claiming that multiple people said it).

Are you suggesting you are the only Muslim, out of 1.5 billion, telling those particular lies? That is a rather absurd position to take isn't it Gandalf? As I recall, you refused to state whether you had personally come across any other Muslim telling those lies.

How can you be an Islamic reformer if not one single other Muslim takes you seriously?
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:17pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print