Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Not Working Because Childcare Is Too Expensive (Read 4481 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: Not Working Because Childcare Is Too Expensive
Reply #15 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 12:42pm

Bam wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 12:23pm:
We need to rethink childcare in this country. It's not working well. The cost is too prohibitive for some people and that keeps them out of work. It adds to traffic because people have to visit a childcare centre that's out of their way. Average charges of $400 a week are a very strong disincentive to find work.

Perhaps we should make it free as they do in some countries or cap the charges at a much lower level. We should relax the regulations on the industry to make it possible for someone to get paid a government subsidy to look after someone else's kids. We should consider other solutions. Doing nothing is no longer an option.

This is your solution to everything isn't it.
Put it on the taxpayer tab.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 12:58pm

bogarde73 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 12:42pm:
We need to rethink childcare in this country. It's not working well. The cost is too prohibitive for some people and that keeps them out of work. It adds to traffic because people have to visit a childcare centre that's out of their way. Average charges of $400 a week are a very strong disincentive to find work.

Perhaps we should make it free as they do in some countries or cap the charges at a much lower level. We should relax the regulations on the industry to make it possible for someone to get paid a government subsidy to look after someone else's kids. We should consider other solutions. Doing nothing is no longer an option.

Is this your solution, Dr?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:04pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 12:58pm:

http://americanmemoryofthe1950shousewif.bgsu.wikispaces.net/file/view/kbll.jpg/1...

if our aim is happiness for females in society, then "yes" that is probably the solution

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:08pm

aquascoot wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:04pm:

http://americanmemoryofthe1950shousewif.bgsu.wikispaces.net/file/view/kbll.jpg/1...

if our aim is happiness for females in society, then "yes" that is probably the solution

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:10pm

aquascoot wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:04pm:

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:18pm

google

"declining female happiness since 1960'

Wink

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:21pm

The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness
www.nber.org/papers/w14969
by B Stevenson - ‎2009 - ‎Cited by 447 - ‎Related articles
By many objective measures the lives of women in the United States have improved over the past 35 years, yet we show that measures of subjective well-being indicate that women's happiness has declined both absolutely and relative to men. The paradox of women's declining relative well-being is found across various ...

Gains in women's rights haven't made women happier. Why is that ...
https://www.theguardian.com/.../may/.../womens-rights-happiness-wellbeing-gender-g...
May 18, 2016 - But while women are living longer, it's unclear whether their wellbeing is showing comparable strides. As women gain political, economic and social freedoms, one would expect that they should feel even more contented relative to men. But this isn't so. The “paradox of declining female happiness” was ...

[PDF]The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness - Federal Reserve Bank ...
https://www.frbsf.org/economic-research/files/wp09-11bk.pdf
by B Stevenson - ‎2009 - ‎Cited by 447 - ‎Related articles
May 12, 2009 - By many objective measures the lives of women in the United States have improved over the past 35 years, yet we show that measures of subjective well-being indicate that women's happiness has declined both absolutely and relative to men. The paradox of women's declining relative well- being is found ...

Women & Happiness: Is It Still Declining? | Psychology Today
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/.../women-happiness-is-it-still-declining
Mar 10, 2013 - This is a great time for women, but given all of their advancements,are women happier? According to a 2009 study entitled, The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness, the answer is a resounding no. In light of International Women's Day, I wanted to re-visit these findings and check in with all of you about ...

Female happiness index decreasing, equality is the cause
https://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com › Blogs › Lifestyle Blogs
May 12, 2017 - Since the 70s, women in the US and Europe have reported feeling less satisfied with their lives. The “paradox of declining female happiness” pointed out by economists Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers is till now the strongest argument that women's happiness is less than men both absolutely and ...

[PDF]The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness - IZA - Institute of Labor ...
ftp.iza.org/dp4200.pdf
by B Stevenson - ‎2009 - ‎Cited by 445 - ‎Related articles
The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness. *. By many objective measures the lives of women in the United States have improved over the past 35 years, yet we show that measures of subjective well-being indicate that women's happiness has declined both absolutely and relative to men. The paradox of women's.
[PDF]The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness - Yale Law School
https://law.yale.edu/..

./Stevenson_ParadoxDecliningFemaleHappiness_Dec08.pdf
by B Stevenson - ‎Cited by 447 - ‎Related articles
has declined both absolutely and relative to men. The paradox of women's declining relative well‐ being is found across various datasets, measures of subjective well‐being, and is pervasive across demographic groups and industrialized countries. Relative declines in female happiness have eroded a gender gap in ...

Women no longer the happier sex - The Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk › News
Jul 7, 2016 - It follows warnings that the so-called “do-it-all generation” of women are facing a stress epidemic. The narrowing gap in happiness between the sexes also mirrors trends seen in other areas in recent years including life expectancy. Men in the UK are now living healthier lives, in part because of the decline ..

Liberated and Unhappy - The New York Times
www.nytimes.com/2009/05/26/opinion/26douthat.html
May 25, 2009 - Male happiness has inched up, and female happiness has dropped. In postfeminist America, men are happier than women. This is “The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness,” the subject of a provocative paper from the economists Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers. The paper is fascinating not only ...

What's Happening To Women's Happiness? | HuffPost
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/marcus.../whats-happening-to-womens_b_289511.ht...
Nov 17, 2009 - According to Stevenson and Wolfers, if you assume a strong link between being unhappy and being unemployed (which there is—the longer you're out of work, the more depressed you become,) the decline in women's happiness is as if women's unemployment has risen from 10% to 18%. Happy girl to ...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:22pm

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:23pm

but carry on with your innaccurate "group think" gweg

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:26pm

aquascoot wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:23pm:

Will do.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #25 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:35pm

Once the ironing is done there is dishes and cooking to do

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:04pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:26pm:

Will do.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/eb/21/84/eb21847ad193c8ccafb517a8059a80e7--s-housewife...

And yet study after study shows women are becoming more unhappy.
I,m curious.
If my numerous provided studies are wrong, I promise to leave the forum forever.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:12pm

aquascoot wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:04pm:

Will do.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/eb/21/84/eb21847ad193c8ccafb517a8059a80e7--s-housewife...

I,m curious.
If my numerous provided studies are wrong, I promise to leave the forum forever.

I suspect "men" like you might be part of the problem.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:18pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:12pm:

Will do.

I,m curious.

Try to focus.

There were a lot more men like "me" in the 1950s Smiley

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #29 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:23pm

aquascoot wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:18pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:12pm:

Will do.

I,m curious.

Try to focus.

There were a lot more men like "me" in the 1950s Smiley

No wonder you vote libtard  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print