Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Changing Other Poster's Replies (Read 22430 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Changing Other Poster's Replies
Reply #75 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:06pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:02pm:
Setanta wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 6:56pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 4:05pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 3:39pm:
Vic???????

Vic??

What would you like?

Vic to acknowledge he made this Rule.

He certainly started this thread letting you all know. If you think rules are made up and imposed by mods without consultation with each other and FD you are mistaken. I'm not sure now but I may have brought it up originally but it doesn't matter.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:10pm

Okay.....now you have your GMod clothes on....Can you tell us ~ are there any of the published Rules which you blokes have decided are no longer to be enforced?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #77 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:13pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:10pm:
Okay.....now you have your GMod clothes on....Can you tell us ~ are there any of the published Rules which you blokes have decided are no longer to be enforced?

What's that go to do with changing others posts? Are you in the wrong place?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:21pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:13pm:

You are right.  I did introduce an off topic matter. 

Maybe you could be gracious enough to start a new Thread in Feedback and let we Members know which Rules no longer matter, or are not enforced.

On this Thread.....Vic knows exactly what I am saying.  You don't ~ because the Rules prevent me from explaining it.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #79 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:24pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:21pm:

Maybe you could be gracious enough to start a new Thread in Feedback and let we Members know which Rules no longer matter, or are not enforced.

On this Thread.....Vic knows exactly what I am saying.  You don't ~ because the Rules prevent me from explaining it.

Since you are allowed to post in feedback, start your own thread.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #80 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:25pm

No.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #81 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:27pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:25pm:
No.

This thread is to explain how not change other's posts stop polluting it.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #82 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 7:50am

Aussie wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:21pm:

Get a life dobber!

I bet you sat in the front row at school with your hand continually in the air

"Pick me teacher, pick me"

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jan 20th, 2019 at 11:26pm

So what's the story with changing posts? We've got a very frequent offender who deletes context from most of the posts he is responding to. Often he pretends that the stuff he deleted was never posted when he writes his response, apparently as a trolling tactic.

What's the word on this dubious posting conduct? I can post examples if requested.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #84 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 1:00am

Bam wrote on Jan 20th, 2019 at 11:26pm:
So what's the story with changing posts? We've got a very frequent offender who deletes context from most of the posts he is responding to. Often he pretends that the stuff he deleted was never posted when he writes his response, apparently as a trolling tactic.

What's the word on this dubious posting conduct? I can post examples if requested.

I'd suggest reading this thread and if you don't get it report it. If you PM me with examples I'd be more than happy to clarify.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 11:05pm

It is a sign of a weak feeble addled mind when anyone does this.

These types think it is a slap in the face to the other poster. But in reality is is just childish vandalism like graffiti on a wall.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #86 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 12:58am

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but one little snowflake crybaby is having a whinge and I'd like to clear something up.

If we're replying to a specific thing one has said, are you saying we're required to quote their entire post, not just the part we're replying to?

If so, if their post contains quotes to other users, are we able to remove that from their quote but leave their latest reply intract?  The character limit often gets reached when replying to long conversations etc.

Thanks for the clarification Smiley

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #87 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 9:30am

SadKangaroo wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 12:58am:
Sorry to dredge up an old thread but one little snowflake crybaby is having a whinge and I'd like to clear something up.

If we're replying to a specific thing one has said, are you saying we're required to quote their entire post, not just the part we're replying to?

If so, if their post contains quotes to other users, are we able to remove that from their quote but leave their latest reply intract?  The character limit often gets reached when replying to long conversations etc.

Very good point Kanga.  Cool

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #88 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 9:12pm

Read the thread, it's all spelled out. No you do not have to quote the entire post, this has been asked many times, just do not truncate sentences. Look back for examples and more clarification. It's really not that hard to understand. If you can't be stuffed reading the thread, don't expect us to repeat ourselves ad nauseam. I'm tempted to lock this thread so you people that can't be stuffed reading it can't post the same crap over and over.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #89 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 9:17pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 9:30am:

Very good point Kanga.  Cool

Another that hasn't read the thread, please do so.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print