Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Changing Other Poster's Replies (Read 22412 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Changing Other Poster's Replies
Reply #30 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:55pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:52pm:
Setanta wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:48pm:
Aussie wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:37pm:
So.....what did you mean when you posted:

Quote:
Begin and end on punctuation/paragraph, if you like.

Leave the whole sentence/statement intact.

Why did you say this?

Quote:

Leave the whole sentence/statement intact. You know what I meant, stop being a dick.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #31 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:59pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:52pm:
Setanta wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:48pm:
Aussie wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:37pm:
So.....what did you mean when you posted:

Quote:

Leave the whole sentence/statement intact.

Why did you say this?

Quote:

Leave the whole sentence/statement intact. Get over it. Deal with it. Or perhaps try it out.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:01pm

Jayzuz!

So this (something you said, not me) is false?

Quote:

Why not tell us why you said that?

A simple, uncomplicated enquiry Setanta, yet you are avoiding responding directly to it.

Has me stuffed.

Huh

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #33 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:06pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:01pm:
Jayzuz!

So this (something you said, not me) is false?

Quote:

Why not tell us why you said that?

A simple, uncomplicated enquiry Setanta, yet you are avoiding responding directly to it.

Has me stuffed.

Huh

No, it's you playing silly buggers. Any reasonable person would understand exactly what I said. You chose to make it a pedantic game. So again, don't be a dick. If you think I have not been clear enough, go edit posts the way you see fit but don't cry if the results are not to your liking.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:12pm

Yet again.  Why did you post this?

Quote:
Begin and end on punctuation/paragraph,
if you like.

(My highlighting.)

That's what you posted.

Is that not what we can do, even though you said we could?

If so, just say so.

It is what it is....a simple question, not a hand grenade.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #35 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:19pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:12pm:
Yet again.  Why did you post this?

Quote:
Begin and end on punctuation/paragraph,
if you like.

(My highlighting.)

That's what you posted.

Is that not what we can do, even though you said we could?

If so, just say so.

It is what it is....a simple question, not a hand grenade.

Did you study English as well as Law?

Quote:
Definition of if you like
1 —used to agree politely to a suggestion or request "Could we stay a little longer?" "Yes, if you like."
2 chiefly British —used to suggest a possible way of describing or thinking about something The experience was, if you like, a glimpse of the future.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/if%20you%20like

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:20pm

Rubbish.  Sheer piss weak rubbish.

Good night.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #37 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:21pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:20pm:
Rubbish.  Sheer piss weak rubbish.

Good night.

Finally.

edit: I have no idea why what I posted as a reply to what I meant by "if you like" is "Rubbish.  Sheer piss weak rubbish." That is exactly how I meant it. The only explanation I can see is that you don't want to accept it. It is, if you like, Aussie waving a white flag.

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:29pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #38 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 2:27pm

So it's OK if I remove greggarypeccary's vandalism wherever & whenever I come across it?

I mean to say, they clean graffiti off walls don't they?

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 3:33pm

I have seen people disingenuously say they use the strike through form of censorship to just highlight what they wish to respond to yet they strike through whole posts and make no comment in response.   Just a quote of a post which is all struck through.    Which makes this a lie.

The only reason to use the strike through form of censorship is to try to negate, demean and diminish another poster's thoughts and words and I cannot see how this is a positive thing.

Nor can I see why it is condoned and/or encouraged.   It is not a form of discussion as all it serves to do is stop discussion dead in its tracks and sideline in to disruption and derailment of threads.

It's a totally ignorant and negative thing.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 3:41pm

Black Orchid wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 3:33pm:
I have seen people disingenuously say they use the strike through form of censorship to just highlight what they wish to respond to yet they strike through whole posts and make no comment in response.   Just a quote of a post which is all struck through.    Which makes this a lie.

The only reason to use the strike through form of censorship is to try to negate, demean and diminish another poster's thoughts and words and I cannot see how this is a positive thing.

Nor can I see why it is condoned and/or encouraged.   It is not a form of discussion as all it serves to do is stop discussion dead in its tracks and sideline in to disruption and derailment of threads.

I am pretty sure strikethrough was mandated for Gregg, cos like the juvenile attention seeking dishonest troll he is, he was incapable of editing anyone's post to respond to pertinent parts without changing the meaning and misrepresenting what some one had posted.

But yes, it is lazy and is just a gain say without any effort at thought or rebuttal. 

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 3:42pm

Yes, let's fret the really serious issues like using the strike through facility, and ignore (as you have) the really petty issues like outrageous and totally unacceptable doxxing here.

And yes, I do use the strike through facility to negate, demean and diminish another poster's thoughts and words, just like you do yet far more obviously with your passive aggressive and very negative posts.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:01pm

Aussie my understanding of Feedback is to give FEEDBACK.  Not to spend time trolling and attacking other posters regarding their FEEDBACK opinions nor about something not relevant to this topic.

I gave my opinion on "Changing other poster's replies" so perhaps you too could stick to that topic and not make things personal against other posters?  At LEAST in FEEDBACK!!

Feedback should be free from personal attacks.  End of.

« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:15pm by Black Orchid »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:07pm

Black Orchid wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
Aussie my understanding of Feedback is to give FEEDBACK.  Not to spend time trolling and attacking other posters regarding their FEEDBACK opinions.

I gave my opinion on "Changing other poster's replies" so perhaps you too could stick to that topic and not make things personal against other posters.  At LEAST in FEEDBACK!!

And I am giving my opinion on your opinion.  Your objection is that the only reason to use the strike through form of censorship is to try to negate, demean and diminish another poster's thoughts and words.

I am saying that you do that with words, just like we all do and should on a political forum if we disagree with that poster's thoughts and words.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #44 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:07pm

It's either that or they will be editing your posts to misrepresent. The point of it being that the reader can see what was originally posted, they can make up their minds about the way/reason a person edits the post. Rather than complaining, people should be happy their words are still there to be read by other posters and their words are not changed to misrepresent what they said. In an ideal world this would not be necessary but we have some posters that just love to misrepresent others they disagree with rather than have a rational discussion.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print