Send Topic Print
Handy home hint's (Read 487 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Handy home hint's
Jan 22nd, 2018 at 1:26am

Well with summer comes ants ( don't judge me)- as soon as the heat really kicks in bugs come out to play-

Lately since xmas a procession of ants have found there way into my kitchen and have been driving me crazy(er) anyway they pointed and laughed at the ant rid  I put down and vaccumming spraying etc made no dent in the line- THEN someone told me about cinnamon- and oh lordy I had some of that stuff left over from my cinnamon challenge last year- I know what luck right?- anyway traced the line back to where they were making a steady trail from the front door and sprinkled it all along the step and it stopped the little beggars in their tracks- they wouldn't even try to cross that break- success only one guy was going to have red hot go and he was carrying something rather heavy looking so I gave him a leg up- anyway long story short its cinnamon folks- try it next time you are invaded with the little critters its natural and safe around precious your pets etc

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Handy home hint's
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 7:22am

very good agnes   an d it would have a nice smell.. must say thats new to me...

I havent seen many flies this year???...anyone else notice that?..

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:57pm

come to think of it you are right- not many flies at all lets hope that becomes a trend lol- update on the cinnamon thing- all ants GONE this morning- it works a dream I tell you- very happy right now-and we all have cinnamon in our cupboard- I even found a couple in my fridge- now that is a persistant ant that will go into your fridge  Wink but they cannot battle the cinnamon war lol-

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 1:01pm

now I have two female kitties at 8/9 months old and it is only a matter of time before my place is  swarming with randy Toms- they are on the verge of estrus/queening- anyone know of a good tom cat deterrent besides a dog of course that will keep cats away- I have heard of bottles of water on the lawn but that is rubbish-

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 1:08pm

you have high hopes agnes of keeping toms away   and dont kid yourself the girls are just as randy   well my two are..... there is a handsome black I presume male opposite  he wears a collar so would think he is neutered .. but that doesnt stop them and doesnt stop the smelling either....

the water bottle I believe is to stop male dogs urinating in the garden   totally  bizarre as most have the top screwed on....  .. dont think they have really come up with a deterrent ...if you keep the girls in  they will still come around and howl and mark....

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 5:39am

cods wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 1:08pm:
you have high hopes agnes of keeping toms away   and dont kid yourself the girls are just as randy   well my two are..... there is a handsome black I presume male opposite  he wears a collar so would think he is neutered .. but that doesnt stop them and doesnt stop the smelling either....

the water bottle I believe is to stop male dogs urinating in the garden   totally  bizarre as most have the top screwed on....  .. dont think they have really come up with a deterrent ...if you keep the girls in  they will still come around and howl and mark....

I never got the point of the water bottle thing cods- and my male black kitty has to be snipped soon- he is atm in an outside enclosure due to smell etc- but will be relieved when he is finally impotent as  hell-lol

anyway I am not getting my girls done as they all inside cats anyway and my other kitty who died developed cancer at the site where she had her uterus was taken from- and when you think you are doing the right thing that happens-  she was over 15 anyway- I miss her every day- and yes she got very randy and egged those boys on all the time- could have torn my hair out sometimes and she would slip outside and refuse to leave her BFs side until- anyway missed this post sorry I cannot sleep a full moon tonight and like a werewolf I have hair sprouting out the tops of my ears- lol-

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print