Send Topic Print
Lingering memories (Read 858 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Lingering memories
Jan 21st, 2018 at 7:13am

Ever had toenails removed?
This still pops into my memory occasionally even though it would be around 56 years ago.

Both my big toes had ingrown toenails and were badly infected and I went to this doctor, a Dutchman I knew had been in a prison camp.
That should have been a warning. Had he been trained by the Gestapo?

Turn away now if you're having breakfast.
He had what looked like garden secateurs with which he cut down the middle of both toes.
Then he got some kind of pliers and twisted off the half nails to the side. Blood everywhere but it was OK, I had local anaesthetic and I didn't have to watch.

I was on crutches for some time but luckily my flat mate was a cab driver and he gave me a lift to& from my office job till they healed.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Lingering memories
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 10:08am

A 'scar' for life (Cranberries: "...do you have to let it linger?")

Buzzer to Theatre 1.
I go in to attend.
Gynaecologist at work. Head down between the legs of a big
Pineapple Polynesian
woman.
I notice all the other Theatre Staff of the Gynae are all standing up against the walls of the theatre ...as far from the Op as they can.
Then it hits me in the following second of entering.
Foul, putrid, fetid, rotten, stagnant, heavy, dank.
All these and more!
Alas, the 'buzzer' was on the far side of the Theatre, for me to turn off and boy did I pick up pace to do so.
Luckily is was a false call-in. They had fixed the problem, but forgot to turn the buzzer off.
Phew but still 'pew'  Cry - my eyes were starting to water from the vaginal 'fumes'.
It was horrid!
I left that Theatre asap. But it was too late. My memory had become 'infected'.
I think of that Gynaecologist and his head down in that muckhole. No wonder they are all C_______s!

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Lingering memories
Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 11:29pm

I was getting out of my car one windy day. A gust of wind blew the car door closed onto my thumb. I was in the worst pain for the first time in a long time. My thumb was bleeding underneath. The only treatment for the busted thumbnail is to poke a few holes to let the nail release the blood underneath. Or the other treatment being to remove the whole nail. I decided to just let it heal on its own. My thumb was sore for a week. But the blood had turned black and I had to go a month or more letting it grow out and get cut away.

The wildest coincidence was that my father got his right thumb caught in a bowling ball and he developed the same problem I did.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print