Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
woman kills man, that's ok (Read 3463 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

woman kills man, that's ok
Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:27pm

Quote:
A Geelong driver who killed a cyclist while sending a text message ran free from court yesterday after being given a two-year suspended prison term.

Silvia Nicole Ciach, 24, wept after Judge Susan Cohen told the Geelong County Court that Ciach's jail sentence would be suspended for three years in the final act of what has been a remarkable case.........

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/10/1068329487085.html

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: woman kills man, that's ok
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:41pm

It's not okay.  No-one said it was/is okay.

Quote:
Judge Cohen said that in determining the sentence she had taken into account Ciach's guilty plea and otherwise excellent character,
and statements from Mr Marsh's parents that they had no wish for Ciach to be jailed.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 8:32pm

"Good character"? - she was texting while driving. Hardly a day goes by without the cops pumping it into us not to use mobiles while driving. She got the "Female Discount", two years catching the train

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 4:46am

Pussy Pass and Funny Surname Pass...... rife in Malbun...... women drivers are not held to the same level of accountability as those dangerous men drivers..... they have hormone rushes and suffer attention deficits and those need to be taken into account, especially in this busy day and age where they are all superwomen handling everything at home and on the work front and beating men at every turn.....   Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

If she's Ethnic (capital E), she has no genetic predisposition to driving ability and that offers a discount as well.... ONLY a Wop/Gypo/PONDEO*  sheila would drive up a freeway entry ramp with not a car in sight and dead stop, piling up 7-8 cars.. but that's OK.... she wasn't responsible even though she caused it..... that happened to me .....

*PONDEO - Person of No Definitive but Ethic Origin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 6:19am

much praise to the young mans parents....very forgiving and compassionate

another terrible accident  that should never have happened......

death by mobile phone.... Cry Cry

sprint this young women will carry this with her for the rest of her life..  prison would not bring him back or change the way we deal with mobile phones....

I wonder how many of us   have never used or looked at a phone whilst driving  ???????

ye who is without sin!

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 8:43am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 4:46am:
Pussy Pass and Funny Surname Pass...... rife in Malbun...... women drivers are not held to the same level of accountability as those dangerous men drivers..... they have hormone rushes and suffer attention deficits and those need to be taken into account, especially in this busy day and age where they are all superwomen handling everything at home and on the work front and beating men at every turn.....   Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

If she's Ethnic (capital E), she has no genetic predisposition to driving ability and that offers a discount as well.... ONLY a Wop/Gypo/PONDEO*  sheila would drive up a freeway entry ramp with not a car in sight and dead stop, piling up 7-8 cars.. but that's OK.... she wasn't responsible even though she caused it..... that happened to me .....

*PONDEO - Person of No Definitive but Ethic Origin

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: If he'd been a white kid grabbing pussy?
Reply #1 - Yesterday at 7:11am Quote  Lord Herbert wrote Yesterday at 6:52am:
"An African teen is back on the streets again after he was sentenced to 20 hours community service despite forcefully grabbed two women by the genitals.

Luka Luka, 18, was bailed in September over the burglary of a young man who he beat for his cellphone.

He was instructed to behave however police are now investigating him over a string of other offences.

On Sunday, while passing two women in Melbourne's CBD Luka grabbed at their genitals within 30 minutes of each other, the Herald Sun reported".

"Luka admitted to his crimes when standing in front of Melbourne magistrate David Starvaggi but was freed without conviction on a two-year community correction order. 

Mr Starvaggi took into consideration Luka’s young age and noted he was about to start year 12".

His young age? He's 18 ffs!

What the magistrate 'took into consideration' was that he's a black African.

Colour does matter. 

link  STRANGE STATE    Wink Wink Wink

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 9:04am

Technology is needed in situations like this.

Just as drink drivers have alcohol interlock devices fitted to their cars, idiots who use their mobiles whilst driving should have a device fitted that shuts down the phone.

Cancelling this woman's licence is not going to fix anything.

She'll still drive, and she'll still use her phone in the car.

The IT guys out there need to get onto this quick.

Mobile phones should not be able to work inside a vehicle whilst the engine is running.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 9:10am

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 9:38am

I dont agree SHE will still use her phone... she killed a man   he hit her windscreen before hitting the road...

I do agree many many others will use their phones though....its the same with smoking....when you smoke in a car you take you eyes off the road for that second...even your concentration is blanked at those moments..

how do you stop it?????....

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 9:46am

cods wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 9:38am:
I dont agree SHE will still use her phone... she killed a man   he hit her windscreen before hitting the road...

I do agree many many others will use their phones though....its the same with smoking....when you smoke in a car you take you eyes off the road for that second...even your concentration is blanked at those moments..

She'll use her phone again - people are addicted to them.

We need the help of technology to stop it.

Once a car's engine starts, it should block all transmissions to and from mobile phones inside that car.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 12:42pm

Or even adjusting the air conditioning..... happened to me one night and a wombat appeared out of nowhere..... on a narrow country road..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 12:43pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 9:46am:

Once a car's engine starts, it should block all transmissions to and from mobile phones inside that car.

Good idea.. I hate it when I'm driving and the farken phone goes off...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 12:53pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 9:04am:
Technology is needed in situations like this.

Just as drink drivers have alcohol interlock devices fitted to their cars, idiots who use their mobiles whilst driving should have a device fitted that shuts down the phone.

Cancelling this woman's licence is not going to fix anything.

She'll still drive, and she'll still use her phone in the car.

The IT guys out there need to get onto this quick.

Mobile phones should not be able to work inside a vehicle whilst the engine is running.

I AGREE

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 1:23pm

cods wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 6:19am:
much praise to the young mans parents....very forgiving and compassionate

another terrible accident  that should never have happened......

death by mobile phone.... Cry Cry

sprint this young women will carry this with her for the rest of her life..  prison would not bring him back or change the way we deal with mobile phones....

I wonder how many of us   have never used or looked at a phone whilst driving  ???????

ye who is without sin!

I text all the time in my car, yup legally guilty, but, never ever ever when the car is moving. I get caught in prolonged traffic jams all the time in Siddy, sitting in one spot for 10 mins happens all the time.

Hey hon, traffic is sht, can you do school pickup?

I got caught a couple of years ago. An oversized truck got stuck in the Harbour Tunnel and I was there for an hour. Motorcycle cop pinged me. I was pissed under the circumstances, but paid it. Meh.

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 2:43pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 9:46am:

Good idea.. I hate it when I'm driving and the farken phone goes off...

When I drive, my phone is switched to silent and placed in the glove-box.

Not hard to do.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print