Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Most Dont Care When Australia Day Is Held (Read 4120 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Most Dont Care When Australia Day Is Held
Reply #45 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:59am

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:56am:
How long would Australia have lasted without the British military presence in Australia at a time when loads of empires were tussling for territory? How would we have prospered and built without the technological input, money and trade from the British Empire. The country wouldn't look the way it does today. I don't understand how you people can't see how important it was. It's the most important thing that has happened to Australia to date.

We would have just been French.  Big deal.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:00pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:57am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:49am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:46am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:46am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:44am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:42am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:41am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:39am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:35am:
But I'm glad we agree Mr Hammer, it should be to celebrate when we became a nation.

Well that's Jan 26 1788.

No.

1 January 1901

Australia had trade, infrastructure, technology and the basic fundamentals for civilisation before 1901 Pecca.

Australia became a nation on 1 January 1901

Australia was a nation before that. It just wasn't on paper.

So not a nation then, got you.

You seem to have a very infantile view of how the world works. You do realise that having ties to the British was fundamental to our survival in our early days. Think about it? It's not something to be ashamed of but to be glad of.

We're discussing Australia Day, though.

Not British Ties Day.

Australia became an independent nation on 1 January 1901.

All that day is is when we became self governing. We still had loads of Britsh ties way after that. It's not even a truely factual date. Our soldiers were fighting under British command right up until WW2. It's rubbish anway.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:01pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 11:59am:
How long would Australia have lasted without the British military presence in Australia at a time when loads of empires were tussling for territory? How would we have prospered and built without the technological input, money and trade from the British Empire. The country wouldn't look the way it does today. I don't understand how you people can't see how important it was. It's the most important thing that has happened to Australia to date.

Or Chinese, slaughtered, starved and finished.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #48 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:06pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:01pm:

Who knows. I guess I just prefer to celebrate when we became a fully functioning autonomous nation. Personally, I'm not all that fussed about the invasion day rubbish, I just think it should reflect our mature nation.

E.g. if we ever became a republic, our national day should change to reflect that.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:11pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:06pm:
I just think it should reflect our mature nation

Looking at some of the rubbish on various forums; one has to question the "mature nation" category. Wink

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:12pm

Who knows. I guess I just prefer to celebrate when we became a fully functioning autonomous nation. Personally, I'm not all that fussed about the invasion day rubbish, I just think it should reflect our mature nation.

E.g. if we ever became a republic, our national day should change to reflect that.

My mother and father were made to sing God Save The Queen at school in the 50's. We still really aren't a nation in many ways. It's all divided. Many people still worship their British heritage while most migrants only recognise their ethnicity. We are further from  nationhood than ever. Good luck picking a date.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #51 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:12pm

Australia could change its name as the yanks did to Martin Luther King Day.........they call it National N_ _ _ er Day....... which would suit Australia Day as well, being as most of the softcock lefties want to call it Invasion Day........or change the date.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #52 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:13pm

lee wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:11pm:
I just think it should reflect our mature nation

Looking at some of the rubbish on various forums; one has to question the "mature nation" category. Wink

I agree, look at some of the poo both sides come up with.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #53 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:13pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
Australia could change its name as the yanks did to Martin Luther King Day.........they call it National N_ _ _ er Day....... which would suit Australia Day as well, being as most of the softcock lefties want to call it Invasion Day........or change the date.

The above post being an excellent example of the type of immature poo people come up with.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #54 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:12pm:

My mother and father were made to sing God Save The Queen at school in the 50's. We still really aren't a nation in many ways. It's all divided. Many people still worship their British heritage while most migrants only recognise their ethnicity. We are further from  nationhood than ever. Good luck picking a date.

I agree, personally for me, Anzac Day to me feels more patriotic than Oz Day ever does.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #55 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:15pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:13pm:

The above post being an excellent example of the type of immature poo people come up with.

And it's not 'immature' to want the name and date change to placate boongs and softcock fvvkwits like you.....

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #56 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:18pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:15pm:

And it's not 'immature' to want the name and date change to placate boongs and softcock fvvkwits like you.....

No its definitely more immature to use the terms you are using.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:19pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:14pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:12pm:

I agree, personally for me, Anzac Day to me feels more patriotic than Oz Day ever does.

The best way of thinking I believe is to just enjoy the day off and don't read to much into it. Most people don't care about first fleets and dispossessed  aborigines. It's muck raking conducted by people with  too much privilege and too much time. Changing dates won't make things any better. It will just further divide us.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #58 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:21pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:18pm:

You're an authority on bullshite Bigcrack Horseface....... Grin

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #59 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:23pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:21pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:18pm:

You're an authority on bullshite Bigcrack Horseface....... Grin

Cheers, now back to mature.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print