OzPolitic

Re: what is Patriotism
Reply #45 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:18pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:16pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 4:11pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 3:42pm:
Samual Johnson suggested that:

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel

Personally, I've always felt he actually meant Nationalism or Jingoism.   Diseases that all too many here suffer from.    Roll Eyes

More likely he felt a borderless world is a better option Brian

But a patriot will defend their bordered country even if it's chock full of multiculturalists, lefty traitors, homosexuals, muslims and SBS international nutters 

patriot |ˈpātrēət|
noun
1 a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

Oh, I agree.  However, too many here mistake "Jingoism" or "Nationalism" for "Patriotism".   Roll Eyes

oh dear bwian....  you should try to bother to read topics before making an ass out of yourself...  I already explained all that...  twice I think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:16pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 4:11pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 3:42pm:
Samual Johnson suggested that:

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel

Personally, I've always felt he actually meant Nationalism or Jingoism.   Diseases that all too many here suffer from.    Roll Eyes

More likely he felt a borderless world is a better option Brian

But a patriot will defend their bordered country even if it's chock full of multiculturalists, lefty traitors, homosexuals, muslims and SBS international nutters 

patriot |ˈpātrēət|
noun
1 a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

Oh, I agree.  However, too many here mistake "Jingoism" or "Nationalism" for "Patriotism".   Roll Eyes

Ain't that the truth?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #47 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:32pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:16pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:40am:
Grendel wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:13am:
No Phil not me.... 
YOU regularly though.
You think patriotism is about Superiority do you? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Like Racism eh Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I suggest you read the quote I posted instead of quoting famous people on topics they know nothing about.

So you believe you know more than George Bernard Shaw....Who is the one that thinks they are superior Troll???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Well I probably do...  many today probably are...  born later well educated etc....  greater breadth of knowledge no doubt.

I know enough to know he's wrong...  pity you don't eh.

You are as thick as a brick mate....A dickhead with tickets on himself, you are not Australian....You didn't even know AFL was played outside Victoria for over 100 years and probably still deny it....Piss off back to whatever sh!thole you came from you arrogant bastard....My dog is smarter than you!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:22pm

Phil phil phil...  wassup....  TROLLING not going well for you.
cant think for yourself Phil?  Gotta keep quoting celebrities ad nauseam.

When will you learn.

BTW GBS is not a great intellect sunshine and many people as I pointed out will have more knowledge than he ever had today due to being born after his death and having a greater pool of knowledge etc, etc, etc than he ever had and access to more information.
It aint rocket science Phil.
Time you stopped being a jealous TROLL and woke up to yourself.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:27pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:32pm:
No Phil not me.... 
YOU regularly though.
You think patriotism is about Superiority do you? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I suggest you read the quote I posted instead of quoting famous people on topics they know nothing about.

So you believe you know more than George Bernard Shaw....Who is the one that thinks they are superior Troll???

Well I probably do...  many today probably are...  born later well educated etc....  greater breadth of knowledge no doubt.

You are as thick as a brick mate....A dickhead with tickets on himself, you are not Australian....You didn't even know AFL was played outside Victoria for over 100 years and probably still deny it....Piss off back to whatever sh!thole you came from you arrogant bastard....My dog is smarter than you!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The goose has issues.

This much is clear.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:29pm

Peccerhead wassup... miss me  want some attention TROLL... there ya go, hope your feeling better now. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:31pm

No Phil not me.... 
YOU regularly though.

Phil- Piss off back to whatever sh!thole you came from

So I suppose you won't mind other posters writing that seeing you used it?

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #52 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:48pm

I could not give a rat's rear end what water people at the Australian Open drink.
Wimbledon is the only tennis tournemant I ever took any interest in at all, and that was way back in the days of Bjorn Borg, a fairly handy talent with a racquet.

If this is an example of what stirs patriotic fervour, then gawd  help us.
Personally when I see people wrapping themselves in Aussie flags, my response is mostly disgust at their self serving hypocrisy.
If you really care you do not need to wrap a bloody coloured rag around you to show it. If your actions have not displayed it, then no amount of vulgar behaviour will convince anyone who uses reason.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:54pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:48pm:
I could not give a rat's rear end what water people at the Australian Open drink.
Wimbledon is the only tennis tournemant I ever took any interest in at all, and that was way back in the days of Bjorn Borg, a fairly handy talent with a racquet.

If this is an example of what stirs patriotic fervour, then gawd  help us.
Personally when I see people wrapping themselves in Aussie flags, my response is mostly disgust at their self serving hypocrisy.
If you really care you do not need to wrap a bloody coloured rag around you to show it. If your actions have not displayed it, then no amount of vulgar behaviour will convince anyone who uses reason.

What did you think about Kathy Freeman wrapping the aboriginal flag around herself?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #54 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:55pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:22pm:

When will you learn.

BTW GBS is not a great intellect sunshine and many people as I pointed out will have more knowledge than he ever had today due to being born after his death and having a greater pool of knowledge etc, etc, etc than he ever had and access to more information.

So by virtue of progress and knowledge everyone is more intelligent than Einstein or is that just you....Good to know ....People want to discus ideas and debate issues not inflate your pathetic ego....Dickhead!!!

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
Albert Einstein

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #55 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:44pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:31pm:
No Phil not me.... 
YOU regularly though.

Phil- Piss off back to whatever sh!thole you came from

So I suppose you won't mind other posters writing that seeing you used it?

I expect you will be called on it if you do but I don't give a f@#k???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #56 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:55pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:55pm:

When will you learn.

So by virtue of progress and knowledge everyone is more intelligent than Einstein or is that just you....Good to know ....People want to discus ideas and debate issues not inflate your pathetic ego....Dickhead!!!

Albert Einstein

Phil Phil phil...  you'll have to do better than that or just stick to Trolling eh.
How does stating facts like people are better educated today inflate my ego Phil?  hmmm.
GBS is no Einstein. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

YOU should start quoting the Kardashians they are celebrities too...  more your intellect too probably.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:22am by Grendel »  

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #57 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:18pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:55pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:55pm:

When will you learn.

Albert Einstein

Phil Phil phil...  you'll have to do better than that or just stick to Trolling eh.
How does stating facts like people are better educated today inflate my ego Phil?  hmmm.
GBS is no Einstein. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

YOU should start quoting the Kardashians they are celebrities too...  more you intellect too probably.

George Bernard Shaw won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1925....What have you done???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #58 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:22pm

For Grendel who asked why I think he inflates his pathetic ego....

No Phil not me.... 
YOU regularly though.

Dickhead!!!

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #59 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:47pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:03am:
cods wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:56am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:53am:
Are you against sporting events being sponsored by overseas companies, cods?

I am when they supply goods like DRINKING WATER YES...even more so from CHina who cannot get baby formula right. Angry Angry

got a problem with that?

Perhaps they should provide tap water, from Adelaide.

Cheers!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/24/b5/4a/24b54a51bcb0c17e13a283bfa01e8990.jpg

I had about a week of that kind of water to shower in a fortnight ago. I could not understand why I felt dirtier after a shower compared to before. At least I double filter my water before drinking it. Anyone who does not filter water and then refilter water in another jug is a fool.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print