Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Antifa - The hard left's call to arms in US (Read 5564 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Antifa - The hard left's call to arms in US
Reply #60 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:32am

Panther wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:31am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:15am:
Respect the soldiers, hate the reason why.

Americans
Respect
&
Understand
the Fallen, & the Reasons they Fought.

The Hate you speak of is but your own, from a distorted perception, fueled by Ignorance.

They respect slavery?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #61 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:01am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:32am:
Panther wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:31am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:15am:
Respect the soldiers, hate the reason why.

Americans
Respect
&
Understand
the Fallen, & the Reasons they Fought.

The Hate you speak of is but your own, from a distorted perception, fueled by Ignorance.

They respect slavery?

⮞ ⮞ ⮞
Americans Respect the Fallen, regardless of the reasons they fell. ⮜ ⮜ ⮜

It's a FACT that Slavery was the reason behind the American Civil War....

But.......

The Civil War wasn't fought to end slavery.

The South fought to defend slavery, while the North's focus was not to end slavery, but to preserve the union of All the States.

Source:      
The Baltimore Sun
       Quote:
IT IS GENERALLY accepted that the Civil War was the most important event in American history. Yet, as two recent controversies remind us, we disagree on what that war was about.

The question of whether the nation should make a formal apology for slavery has brought forth from such authorities as former history professor Newt Gingrich and columnist George F. Will ... the declaration that we fought the war to end slavery.

Meanwhile, across the South, where battles continue over the display of Confederate flags and related symbols, white defenders of their "heritage" argue that the Civil War was not about slavery but about states' rights and "Southern independence."

Orlando Sentinel columnist Charley Reese has gone so far as to assert that the Confederacy was fighting for "liberty."

All of these beliefs are based on misreadings of history, and, taken together, they have the reality exactly backward. The Civil War was not fought to end slavery; it was fought to defend slavery.

The confusion stems from the failure to realize that the two sides in a war need not be fighting over the same issue.

The objective of the North was not to end slavery but to preserve the Union. What the South sought was not to end the Union but to preserve slavery.

Few major historical events can properly be attributed to a single cause. But it is accurate to say that slavery was the cause of the Civil War.

There would have been no secession, no Confederacy and no war had the South not been intent on maintaining its "peculiar institution." Slavery was the raison d'etre of the Confederacy. The "liberty" the Confederacy sought to preserve was the liberty to own human beings.

The question that must be asked of those who believe that the Confederacy's purpose was to defend states' rights is this: Just which rights of the states were so important that they were worth splitting the nation in two and fighting a terrible war over, at the cost of 600,000 lives?

Can anyone seriously contend that the tariff or any other matter of disagreement between the states and the federal government, besides slavery, would have produced majority sentiment for secession anywhere, save possibly South Carolina?

The only "right" that Southern states were sufficiently intent on perpetuating that they would destroy the Union and fight a war over was the "right" to hold people as property - and that is in no sense a right.

The Confederate flag never has been a symbol of states' rights. The state powers it has represented during and since the Civil War - slavery, segregation, lynching, racism - are all states' wrongs.

Many whites, particularly young whites in the South, say that they should not be blamed for what their ancestors did. Fair enough. But if they want to be emancipated from that legacy, they must reject it.

The first symbolic step for the younger generation in separating itself from the wrongs of its forebears is not to apologize for slavery but to stop venerating a heritage that was centered on slavery and a flag that came into existence to represent the defense of slavery.

It is time for white Southerners finally and unequivocally to accept the obvious truth:

The Lost Cause was a bad cause.

It also is time for other white Americans to recognize that, although the cause for which so many Northern soldiers died was a good one (preservation of the Union), it wasn't about ending slavery.

Leaving aside the question of whether a national apology for slavery at this late date would be wise or meaningless, this much can safely be said:

The Southern cause in the Civil War is part of what the nation would be apologizing for, but the Northern cause in that war did not constitute such an apology.

« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:11am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #62 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:25am

Either way it was about slavery. What was so awesome about it?

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #63 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:31am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:51am:
It is an offensive statue and I understand how people want them removed just as Germany remove ALL nazi sites because of fools that would gather and worship at them.

The statue claims 'died for state rights'.  What garbage. They died supporting SLAVERY, a wholly unjust cause.

Statues remembering slavers and their supporters are a disgrace.

This is part of why racism remains a problem in America - because they are still unwilling to ditch their slavery past.

I understand that a criminal retard like you would say such a thing.

Memorials are there to remind us of history and the lessons thereof.

Its up to the individual to draw his/her conclusions not up to some Pol Pot/Stalin/Mao ideologue like you or anyone else.

And of course you wouldn't understand such high minded concepts.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #64 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:55am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:25am:

That's the way you define it, not I.....so why don't you explain ... "What was so awesome about it?"  Where did you get your definition?

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #65 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:59am

Richdude wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:31am:
longweekend58 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:51am:
It is an offensive statue and I understand how people want them removed just as Germany remove ALL nazi sites because of fools that would gather and worship at them.

The statue claims 'died for state rights'.  What garbage. They died supporting SLAVERY, a wholly unjust cause.

Statues remembering slavers and their supporters are a disgrace.

This is part of why racism remains a problem in America - because they are still unwilling to ditch their slavery past.

I understand that a criminal retard like you would say such a thing.

Memorials are there to remind us of history and the lessons thereof.

Its up to the individual to draw his/her conclusions not up to some Pol Pot/Stalin/Mao ideologue like you or anyone else.

And of course you wouldn't understand such high minded concepts.

Spot on Richdude, ya got him by his short & curlies!!

« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:23am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #66 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:02am

Panther wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:55am:

That's the way you define it, not I.....so why don't you explain ... "What was so awesome about it?"  Where did you get your definition?

Well why don't you define your concept of 1850s slavery.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #67 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:18am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:02am:
Panther wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:55am:

Well why don't you define your concept of 1850s slavery.

No, not so fast DonkeyBoy!!

.....you define how you came about your definition ...."What was so awesome about it?"....

Specifically, how did you form that definition?

Where did you get it from?

When you specifically answer that, then I'll consider your latest question, not before.

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #68 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:19am

Well if you're fighting that hard to defend it there must be something good about it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #69 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:21am

And consider yourself lucky Panther, because in my experience you rarely answer a question with anything other than a meme.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:23am

And now we see the ultimate truth about a maggot like Panther. He is a self-avowed racist but now he is by implication stating that Slavery was a good thing. I wish I could say I was surprised but since he supports pedos and the KKK, supporting slavery was never going to be much of a stretch.

Panther-pro-slavery.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #71 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:32am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:19am:
Well if you're fighting that hard to defend it there must be something good about it.

Again, your ignorantly distorted perception DonkeyBoy....

I absolutely dare you, to point out specifically anywhere, I defended the slavery of American Slaves.....

Now, you answer my simple question, or declare once & for all that you can't, & that you are abjectly ignorant about the issue at hand that you yourself brought up & described. ...

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:33am

Panther wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:32am:

I absolutely dare you, to point out specifically anywhere, I defended the slavery of American Slaves.....

Now, you answer my simple question, or declare once & for all that you can't, & that you are abjectly ignorant about the issue you yourself brought up & described. http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/cleanteeth09.gif

You defend it all the time by your failure to oppose it and your tendency to slavishly quote those in support of it at the time and even now.

You are pro-slavery because of your own failure to actually find a moral principle and stand on it.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #73 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:35am

Americans Respect & Understand the Fallen, & the Reasons they Fought.

Essenbtially because you're a yank butt kisser that you're saying that you respect the right to defend slavery.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #74 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:48am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:35am:
Americans Respect & Understand the Fallen, & the Reasons they Fought.

Essenbtially because you're a yank butt kisser that you're saying that you respect the right to defend slavery.

Not so quick DonkeyBoy.....Poor attempt at deflection, but you're still avoiding the question..... Quote:
"What was so awesome about it?"  Where did you get your definition?

Panther wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:32am:

Now, you answer my simple question, or declare once & for all that you can't, & that you are abjectly ignorant about the issue at hand that you yourself brought up & described. http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/cleanteeth09.gif

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print