Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
U.S. Interest rates on rise - impact Australia (Read 566 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
U.S. Interest rates on rise - impact Australia
Jan 14th, 2018 at 2:52pm

The bull market has begun under U.S. President Trump

Trump has been successful in restoring faith in business in the U.S. with the business sector going gangbusters

This coupled with Tax reductions for middle income earners has been slashed

This has had the effect of increasing interest rates which has risen 3 times in 2017

So far the Australian Economy as far as interest rates are concerned has remained unchanged

This will alter in 2018 with predictions of interest rate rises here

Once that happens the housing market which has already recorded price falls will go into free fall once the interest rate rises start happening here

Many, many investors are leveraged way up to critical levels

With Bill Shorten heralding that Negative Gearing will only apply to new dwellings it means if he gets in the housing market will be ripped apart as investors flee

Once the first interest rate comes along I predict Sydney housing prices to go into free fall

The Chinese won't be doing any bailing out because the Chinese Government has put the brakes on money leaving the Country. It is now illegal in China to invest in properties in Australia

Things are changing rapidly. If I had an investment property in the Sydney market I would have unloaded by now...its going to be a race to the bottom

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2018 at 5:14pm by red baron »  

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: U.S. Interest rates on rise - impact Australia
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 9:47pm

Bout time though.
House prices in this country are freaking rediculous.
Standard working Australian families can't afford a house.
This may be the chance they've been waiting for.

Don't believe it till i see it.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 6:12pm

Hope you've been keeping up with this subject which has just taken a big turn for the worse in Australia today

The CEO of Domain Real Estate today fell on his sword in response to an announcement today that the real estate market was about to tank

McGrath Real Estate another biggy on the national property scene saw its stock drop from well over $2 to well under $1

The forecast at this stage is for the market to drop in Sydney by 5%..if you will recall I am forecasting a drop of 10%

Now that two of the biggest players in the market have had what amounts to a meltdown watch the lemmings run for the sea

The 'great dump' of investor properties in particular onto the Sydney market is about to begin

Like I said..a race to the bottom

Watch as 2 bedroom fibros which were selling for 1.5 million crap themselves in value...it ain't going to pretty!

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 7:27pm

Just how long did anyone believe that rates could remain this low? I wouldn't loan money at that rate either. If property tanks, it'll be a buyers market. That's alright with me.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:15pm

red baron wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 2:52pm:

Trump has been successful in restoring faith in business in the U.S. with the business sector going gangbusters

This has had the effect of increasing interest rates which has risen 3 times in 2017

The home loan interest rates are still lower in the US compared to Australia despite going up in 2017.

I hope interest rates go up then i can make more from term deposits.   Smiley

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:22pm

red baron wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 2:52pm:

So far the Australian Economy as far as interest rates are concerned has remained unchanged

This will alter in 2018 with predictions of interest rate rises here

Once that happens the housing market which has already recorded price falls will go into free fall once the interest rate rises start happening here

Many, many investors are leveraged way up to critical levels

With Bill Shorten heralding that Negative Gearing will only apply to new dwellings it means if he gets in the housing market will be ripped apart as investors flee

Once the first interest rate comes along I predict Sydney housing prices to go into free fall

The Chinese won't be doing any bailing out because the Chinese Government has put the brakes on money leaving the Country. It is now illegal in China to invest in properties in Australia

Things are changing rapidly. If I had an investment property in the Sydney market I would have unloaded by now...its going to be a race to the bottom

I hope you are right. It's about time they stopped the whole sale selloff of the country to the chinese Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:24pm

red baron wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 6:12pm:
Hope you've been keeping up with this subject which has just taken a big turn for the worse in Australia today

The CEO of Domain Real Estate today fell on his sword in response to an announcement today that the real estate market was about to tank

McGrath Real Estate another biggy on the national property scene saw its stock drop from well over $2 to well under $1

The forecast at this stage is for the market to drop in Sydney by 5%..if you will recall I am forecasting a drop of 10%

Now that two of the biggest players in the market have had what amounts to a meltdown watch the lemmings run for the sea

The 'great dump' of investor properties in particular onto the Sydney market is about to begin

Like I said..a race to the bottom

Watch as 2 bedroom fibros which were selling for 1.5 million crap themselves in value...it ain't going to pretty!

Watch out for Mal and Morriscum.  The pollies have a habit of kicking the can down the road when property prices start heading south. What rabbit will they pull out of their hat this time ?

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:47pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:24pm:
The pollies have a habit of kicking the can down the road when property prices start heading south. What rabbit will they pull out of their hat this time ?

The pollies don't pull rabbits out of the hat, it's the Banking Elite who do that, then the pollies do what they are told to do

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print