Australian Politics

HEY everyone
Jan 14th, 2018 at 8:37am

M.K.R. starts on the 29th.... yippee!!!

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Re: HEY everyone
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:50pm

YAY I agree.   I like MKR and Masterchef.

I am interested in watching the Russians cook.   I believe their food is extremely diverse.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 9:02pm

have you actually cooked any of the recipes from the shows Black orchid????..... as they always cook for 12 I dont ..lolol

not sure what Russian food is to be honest...

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 9:38am

No I haven't but I have done a couple of desserts from Masterchef.   SO so fiddly and only when I am in one of those creative crazy cooking modes.  Which, nowadays, is not too often.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:54am

well done to you.... did you do the plate setting  they are so fond of on MC....

did it taste like you expected

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:49am

No fancy plating for a normal night lol.

The last thing I made was some raspberry and chocolate log by Reynold (Masterchef) and it was tasty but so so fiddly lol.

He has a couple of popular dessert bars in Sydney now and I really should go and try them sometime soon.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:31pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:49am:
No fancy plating for a normal night lol.

The last thing I made was some raspberry and chocolate log by Reynold (Masterchef) and it was tasty but so so fiddly lol.

He has a couple of popular dessert bars in Sydney now and I really should go and try them sometime soon.

quite a few have ended up doping ok for themselves from that show... cant say I have heard  of anyone from MKR  setting up bus... but that doesnt stop me getting involved... my grandson is an avid watcher as well so he will be over and we get stuck into the munchies  as well as give them our scores..... Smileyjust makes us happy...lol

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:32pm

My wife loves cooking those shows, it drives me flippin crazy, because she gets all inspired to cook.
She is a lovely lady, slim pretty and sexy, but she cannot cook to save a life. In fact some times I think her cooking may actually be life threatening.
Luckily my daughter and I can cook, so we do starve, or have to live on take away.

I have to admit that sometimes I watch these shows with her, and actually get quite into them, and cheer on the nice guys.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:50am

mozzaok wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:32pm:
My wife loves cooking those shows, it drives me flippin crazy, because she gets all inspired to cook.
She is a lovely lady, slim pretty and sexy, but she cannot cook to save a life. In fact some times I think her cooking may actually be life threatening.
Luckily my daughter and I can cook, so we do starve, or have to live on take away.

I have to admit that sometimes I watch these shows with her, and actually get quite into them, and cheer on the nice guys.

well at least she has a go moss......I just watch the shows and let others do it if they must..lol..I do admit to having one of Julie Goodwins books..shes pretty down to earth....more my style when I had one...

try scoring them before the scores come in mossy

there is always one couple I cant stand   never fails.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #9 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:57am

Quote:
AN all-girl team has been kicked off the set of hit reality TV show My Kitchen Rules after a simmering feud with two male contestants boiled over into a heated off-camera scuffle.

Production on the show was temporarily shut down while Channel Seven investigated the altercation in which sources said the contestants “crossed a line”.

It is understood the two teams became embroiled in an off-camera scuffle at a hotel in Launceston after a day of filming last month.

The two teams — one all-female team from NSW the other two men — faced off in front of shocked hotel guests and two other MKR teams.

It is understood the argument erupted in the hotel hallway after one contestant claims to have overheard another making disparaging remarks about a child with special needs.

Witnesses say the two teams, who allegedly clashed ‘from day one’ according to show insiders, had already engaged in several on-air confrontations.

“The women were walking past the room that the guys were in ... and they said they overheard someone inside saying something particularly insensitive about a young boy.

“The woman then started banging on the door and went them.”

It is understood the men were in their room cooking dinner with other contestants from the show. Witnesses say when the men opened the door there was pushing and shoving. One of the contestants accused another of spitting during the altercation.

“Meetings were held almost immediately in Tasmania and again once the cast and crew returned to Sydney,” the source said.

“The decision was then made that one of the contestants in question had most certainly crossed a line.

“That that behaviour was well beyond the limits of what is deemed acceptable.”

For the first time since the top-rated show first aired back in 2010, network bosses made the executive decision to dump the women from the line-up mid-season. Production will proceed with seven teams instead of eight, with the men to stay on for the duration of filming.

It is understood all teams will appear in the first few episodes of the show but the one team will be removed on air. Some fiery exchanges at the dinner table will be included in the show.

One onset source has confirmed the tasteless incident had raised questions within the network about how much conflict is too much.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/my-kitchen-rules-allgirl-team-kicked-...

I wonder which team will only be seen for a few episodes?     Grin

Spitting?    OMG!!    Shocked

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #10 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:34pm

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:34pm

whew!... is it two teams.. by the look of that list it must be...the first pair Jess and Emma seem to have made up their minds to hate everyone... 

who would even think  to handing out zero marks in a competition...... letalone tell anyone about it.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

think I am going to dislike more than one couple... Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #12 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 7:35pm

I guess we will be able to tell from the first couple of episodes which girls team gets the boot?

12 days to go   Smiley

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #13 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:40pm

Before I really got into computers seriously I was praised by my family for my cooking- but my cooking skills are seriously on the decline and i have been known to use the smoke alarm as an oven timer sometimes- but not when I am actually watching my food of course

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #14 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:43pm

I used to be a good cook too.  I guess I am still but just do not go to quite the trouble anymore that I used to.

Years and years of cooking just makes you want quick and easy.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 6:06pm

Agnes wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:40pm:

Before I really got into computers seriously I was praised by my family for my cooking- but my cooking skills are seriously on the decline and i have been known to use the smoke alarm as an oven timer sometimes- but not when I am actually watching my food of course

you did ok at the CWA cake stalls agnes..  dont be hard on yourself..

living alone can make you so lazy...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 1:11pm

8 days to go..... get the munchies in!

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #17 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 1:23pm

I want to see the first team kicked off the show just for being morons and not for their cooking.

Shades of that couple who almost got kicked off The Block but woke up to themselves.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 5:34pm

is there going to be two teams do you kn ow??....

we can expect to get a pain in the rear couple on both I would think...lolol

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #19 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 6:38pm

Two teams of eight pairs but one team gets cut down to 7 before any elimination lol

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:08am

Black Orchid wrote on Jan 21st, 2018 at 6:38pm:
Two teams of eight pairs but one team gets cut down to 7 before any elimination lol

sounds cool...7 days to go...

War of the Kitchen....

funny thing  I mostly cook for one.. and my kitchen looks like a war zone...yet they seem to have no problems finding bench space.. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #21 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:55pm

cods wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:08am:
Black Orchid wrote on Jan 21st, 2018 at 6:38pm:

sounds cool...7 days to go...

War of the Kitchen....

funny thing  I mostly cook for one.. and my kitchen looks like a war zone.
..yet they seem to have no problems finding bench space.. Smiley Smiley

LOL tonight mine too-  Grin

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #22 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:59pm

cods wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 6:06pm:
Agnes wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:40pm:

you did ok at the CWA cake stalls agnes..  dont be hard on yourself..

living alone can make you so lazy...

I will do better cods
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:39am by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #23 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 12:44pm

One more sleep Cods   Wink

PS Federer to win.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 4:05pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jan 28th, 2018 at 12:44pm:
One more sleep Cods   Wink

PS Federer to win.

yeh..................................munchy nights,

go Roger...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 10:36am

what an emotional Roger.. wow that was a real final...5 sets   welldone to Marrin   he didnt give any qtr..what a record  well done Roger well deserved..

MKR not lon g now I have managed to wrangle dinner tonight from daughter whos son comes home with me  so we can come straight in Tele On munchies ready to go...and sit an pick them all to bits...lolol..

happy watching black orchid.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #26 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:13pm

Federer played a great match.  They both did.

No more sleeps now for MKR  Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 8:19am

well have to admit   none of the MKR cooks have impressed me.......in fact they all make me look good.... Smiley.. the last pair how could they get it so wrong......from 10s   to 1s....what a come down.....it makes me laugh at the way they cram dishes in the oven all 16 of them and expect them to cook equal.....the guys sus and steve really had me yelling at them   for someone who claims hes cooked all his life   a whopping big F.. on that one..

can anyone believe waiting 2 hours between courses  and then getting something uneatable...omg.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #28 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:04pm

You could tell when the boys were tying the parcels that they weren't tied properly.   Also that the paper would disintegrate being in the oven for that long.

The girls never rendered the duck skin properly so that was obviously going to be a fail.

I wonder how the plastic sisters will stand up?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #29 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:23am

cods wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 8:37am:

I rank those cooking shows among the other trash tv that Australia seems to be displaying on free to air lately.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 6:22am

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:23am:

I rank those cooking shows among the other trash tv that Australia seems to be displaying on free to air lately.

dont watch!.. not rocket science.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 6:24am

Black Orchid wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:04pm:
You could tell when the boys were tying the parcels that they weren't tied properly.   Also that the paper would disintegrate being in the oven for that long.

The girls never rendered the duck skin properly so that was obviously going to be a fail.

I wonder how the plastic sisters will stand up?

they havent shown too much have they?....I wonder  how the Valentino shoes will stand up?.

do we know how they earn their money???...

it must b e hard keeping up with Barbie..

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #32 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 9:28pm

cods wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 6:22am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:23am:

dont watch!.. not rocket science.

It is implicit in my response that I "don't watch".

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 8:48am

seriously does anyone think a cheesecake, most anyone can make with frozen berries on top is worthy of a 10

Angry Angry

NO IT ISNT....ye gods I can do better....

the scoring is seriously flawed..disappointed

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #34 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 10:09am

A 10 for the frozen berries was a bit brow raising.  I guess they didn't want the Barbies to be in the elimination?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 12:32pm

Black Orchid wrote on Feb 12th, 2018 at 10:09am:
A 10 for the frozen berries was a bit brow raising.  I guess they didn't want the Barbies to be in the elimination?

my thoughts exactly....after everything they said about everyone else    thats where they deserve to be..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 6:08pm

also.... why wasnt Manu upset about Emma using store bought stock.... and the way she added all that red wine to the stock  was a joke...unless you have a couple of days to fix it.. Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #37 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 10:15am

Bye bye to Ash and Matty.   They couldn't cook but they were a sweet couple.

Then there was the line "Russia has never lost a war"    Cheesy

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:30pm

what were they thinking with their menu....ye gods I am not surprised.. I think the "Greasy Spoon" would offer a better menu.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

yes the Russians   who do they remind me of... no its not the ugly sisters either.. Grin

not sure I am going to like any of the second mob either...

now that does take some of the fun away..

actually the dark grim one  looks like someone from the Addams Family

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #39 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 6:41pm

Yes their menu was extremely basic and very sparse.  They were only going to serve 2 "farlarrfells" for the main.

I like the truffle farmers in team 2.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #40 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:47am

Only just tuned in and the woman with the deformed lips lol- what was she thinking ? she seems so proud of them as well- hope she can cook at least

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #41 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 4:06pm

She cooked last week and got through.  If you mean the Barbies?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #42 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 5:10pm

I think so

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 5:36pm

Agnes wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 11:47am:
Only just tuned in and the woman with the deformed lips lol- what was she thinking ? she seems so proud of them as well- hope she can cook at least

she called one of the other girls a COW   so dont let the lips fool you..

they have tickets on themselves but I cant see them getting far    its all about Appearances with them

more lippy please..

yes the tassmanians look like they can cook...what a relief...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:38pm

oh gawd another disastrous night of cooking   

most of it looked horrible....and seriously if they think all that chatter about cricket is funny    ...omg   someone tell them...they are too old for that crap..I found
them irritating.. and the way the girls embarrass Henry doesnt do it for me either...not sure I am going to like this mob at all....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 8:15am

not another one.....tacos   seriously......what is it with people they think taco will win them $250.000     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. they dont look the brightest    why did they have to prove it.grrrrrrr

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #46 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 1:22pm

I like those 2 but the tacos were a silly and way too simple choice.   What were they thinking?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 8:22am

blimey who would have thought Pat and Louisa would fail so bad......what a disaster.....I was expecting a very good goulash....

I am waiting for someone to land one on Olga and Val...they are beyond rude...

yes the army couple are sweet   but he seems very naive

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #48 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 3:28pm

Well the Jordanians are up tonight    Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:22pm

Black Orchid wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 3:28pm:
Well the Jordanians are up tonight    Grin

well Olga and Val  havent had a good word to say about anyone so far  so tonight will be tough for them.....

they are of course playing a game... fortunately I dont think they are fooling anyone...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 7:07am

well the girls had a ripper.... I bet there will be some staring down to come......next week looks like it will start with a bang....I hope the army couple win but by golly they need to sharpen their brains up a bit...lol....no toasted sandwiches please...

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #51 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 1:19pm

cods wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 7:07am:
well the girls had a ripper.... I bet there will be some staring down to come......next week looks like it will start with a bang....I hope the army couple win but by golly they need to sharpen their brains up a bit...lol....no toasted sandwiches please...

what about bread in a toast maker cods with baked beans ?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 12:46pm

grrrr went to watch MKR last night and it wasnt on....

bah humbug   enough to make me want to stop watching

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #53 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:31pm

Hang in there Cods.  They threw us an extra episode last week to make up for the introduction of Spartan and the closing of the Olympics last night.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 5:04pm

sparton  groooooooooan more sweaty bodies   enough already..

I will try and behave

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 5:38pm

well not surprised suss and steve have gone  they did struggle   I thought the contest unfair though...whoever lost was going to feel so bad about who left..  and to see Manu and Pete eat what they did  I thought it was bad to be honest..

so much food wasted....I think they need to do better...Manu and Pete look like two overstuffed.Emperors

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 10:27pm

awful effort tonight.....it would appear only one or two had any idea what a High Tea is.. and what it consists of..... spring rolls... seriously confused....

this game of two teams voting against each other....

isnt a good way to run a competition..I dont think...

the females as per usual show almost no class at all. Sad

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #57 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 11:20pm

Agnes wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 1:19pm:
cods wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 7:07am:

what about bread in a toast maker cods with baked beans ?

Cheese on toast is my dinner at times.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 11:21pm

cods wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 10:27pm:
awful effort tonight.....it would appear only one or two had any idea what a High Tea is.. and what it consists of..... spring rolls... seriously confused....

' .......... any idea what a High Tea is.. and what it consists of..... spring rolls... '

surely not .........

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:45am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 11:21pm:

' .......... any idea what a High Tea is.. and what it consists of..... spring rolls... '

surely not .........

mostly little cakes that you would never make yourself...the Hyatt was a good one years ago....you didnt just get a little selection on your table.....expensive but decadent...

definitely NO PEAS..

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #60 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:01am

yes, I know what a High Tea is.

Definitely NO spring rolls.

Nor a Pie floater ...........

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:00am

its amazing how people can put themselves up for a cooking show  and how little they know...in general....I mean even the Aussie BBQ was nothing like a real aussie bbq....unless m ost cook huge slabs of meat.with giant prawns.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Wolseley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #62 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:31pm

cods wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:45am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 11:21pm:

surely not .........

mostly little cakes that you would never make yourself...the Hyatt was a good one years ago....you didnt just get a little selection on your table.....expensive but decadent...

definitely NO PEAS..

The Hyatt at Canberra does an excellent high tea and, like the Hydro-Majestic, it's the perfect surroundings for it.  High Teas aren't really my sort of thing though, so I don't think I'll be going back for it any time soon.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:49pm

its was birthday treats for me..otherwise I am sure I would never have indulged myself...

as for tonights MKR... whos kidding who....none of those dishes bore any resemblance to Medieval times....

seriously Quail..lobster..salsa verde....stew....

those who cooked at least something that could have been mistaken for a medieval menu should have got some credit......I think the end result was fair though......I cant get over the females on the show.....

talk about embarrassing..

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #64 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 3:52pm

Mon - Thurs now don't forget    Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 5:42pm

I wont!  thanks Bo  I am excited.....forgot to get the munchies....bugger.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 5:40pm

gawd it is going to be so interesting to see which of the two ugly pairs get booted first....

I am going to say the botox pair .. but I want the Russians  who are more than rude to everyone..grrrrrr...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 9:13am

a bit of a mess up last night.....Davide and Marco didnt follow the rules Asian and  they chose Mexican. Roll Eyes..so they were destined to go to the big house...however they were the peoples choice... so instead get a reward...lolol

and so Dan and Gemma take their place.....so thats a little sad....

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #68 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 9:54am

The boys were very very lucky.   I think the Asians should have gone to elimination.

Dan and Gemma's food was dry and bland etc but Georgia and Alicia's (not sure about their names) chicken was inedible, from what I saw, because it was way too salty.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 2:22pm

Black Orchid wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 9:54am:
The boys were very very lucky.   I think the Asians should have gone to elimination.

Dan and Gemma's food was dry and bland etc but Georgia and Alicia's (not sure about their names) chicken was inedible, from what I saw, because it was way too salty.

yes I agree...it would be interesting if they told us how the public scored....not just the one that wins.....it might be a more realistic appraisal  at the end of the day.....maybe when the lass said their father would never forgive them if they lose an Asian test....was more correct than we know.... Sad

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 8:22am

sorry to see Dan and Gemma go....I do believe the times they are set are a bit unfair....

It was a pretty close contest..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 6:05am

well have to admit  I am not sorry to see the Asian sisters leave..... I wont name the next pair I would like to see lose.... Smiley

not sure this two teams is working    its beginning to look more like ozpol everyday. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #72 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 6:18am

cods wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
have you actually cooked any of the recipes from the shows Black orchid????..... as they always cook for 12 I dont ..lolol

You haven't tasted my borscht. To die for.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:21pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 6:18am:

thats cold and I dont like cold soup....so the dates off herb...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #74 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 7:56pm

cods wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:21pm:

I said my borscht, as designed, produced, and directed by me. Hot ~ and with crusty buns. I've tasted borscht made by a Russian, and it was insipid crap compared to mine. It had no guts, no punch, and no balls, but I had to grin-and-bear-it because she was my sister-in-law ...  Tongue

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:23pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 7:56pm:
cods wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:21pm:

I said my borscht, as designed, produced, and directed by me. Hot ~ and with crusty buns. I've tasted borscht made by a Russian, and it was insipid crap compared to mine. It had no guts, no punch, and no balls, but I had to grin-and-bear-it because she was my sister-in-law ...  Tongue

its still beetroot juice .. talking of Russians..

do you think they will get a serve tonight???>>. Smiley Smiley

there is a lot to do with "race" i am feeling in MKR this year......I hope they fall flat on the faces.. is that racists herb?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #76 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:44pm

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:23pm:

there is a lot to do with "race" i am feeling in MKR this year......I hope they fall flat on the faces.. is that racists herb?

Unfortunately I haven't been watching MKR this year as I've had other fish to fry .... hehe  Embarrassed

I cooked a delicious cod yesterday, but alas and begorrah, I didn't have any Mint Sauce in the cupboard. Even so, it was a treat.  Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:56pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:44pm:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:23pm:

Unfortunately I haven't been watching MKR this year as I've had other fish to fry .... hehe  Embarrassed

I cooked a delicious cod yesterday, but alas and begorrah, I didn't have any Mint Sauce in the cupboard. Even so, it was a treat.  Smiley

you dont know what you are missing its all gossip  and I believe a bit of racism  Wink Wink cooking is a side event..

mint sauce with cod....what!   no thats goes with lamb buddy ... cod goes with chips....to die for..

thats is real North Atlantic cod..

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #78 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:58pm

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:56pm:
you dont know what you are missing its all gossip  and I believe a bit of racism  Wink Wink cooking is a side event..

mint sauce with cod....what!   no thats goes with lamb buddy ... cod goes with chips....to die for..

North Atlantic cod and Haddock is what the Brits serve up with their chips, while here in Oz it's 'flake' which is young shark meat.

So wot do you sprinkle on North Atlantic cod? As Manu Fiddle says: "Every meal must come with a sauce!" He's very insistent on that.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 3:09pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:56pm:

North Atlantic cod and Haddock is what the Brits serve up with their chips, while here in Oz it's 'flake' which is young shark meat.

So wot do you sprinkle on North Atlantic cod? As Manu Fiddle says: "Every meal must come with a sauce!" He's very insistent on that.

just vinegar if its there.... please dont get me started on fish and chips.....you dont get fresh fish and chips in Australia   ... and you have to search for it in England now....

I think its the new caviar.... Grin

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #80 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 4:34pm

My favourite fast food - fish and chips and I had a bag of hot chips for lunch just now- so good

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #81 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 5:25pm

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 3:09pm:
just vinegar if its there.... please dont get me started on fish and chips.....you dont get fresh fish and chips in Australia   ... and you have to search for it in England now....

As a visitor to Australia since 1962 I can vouch for the fact that a genuine serving of fish 'n' chips has yet to arrive in this country, and the problem is that EVERY cook is an Ethnic blow-in who believes every meal must be saturated in oil.

The best two fish n chips Take Away joints I've had the good fortune to taste and eat were made by a Turk, and a Vietnamese fellow in different suburbs.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #82 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 5:28pm

Agnes wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 4:34pm:
My favourite fast food - fish and chips and I had a bag of hot chips for lunch just now- so good

I hope ethnics realise that it's the sin of Cultural Appropriation every time they front up for this Pom invented dish ... as with sandwiches.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 6:45am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 3:09pm:

As a visitor to Australia since 1962 I can vouch for the fact that a genuine serving of fish 'n' chips has yet to arrive in this country, and the problem is that EVERY cook is an Ethnic blow-in who believes every meal must be saturated in oil.

The best two fish n chips Take Away joints I've had the good fortune to taste and eat were made by a Turk, and a Vietnamese fellow in different suburbs.

funny you say that  my daughter lived in NZ nth Island for 3 years   in a little place called Island Bay  and they had the best fish and chips ever... and it also was Vietnamese owned....only thing missing was the Nth Atlantic cod..... so it was a dream and the first dish I had when returning to England about 3 years ago...... funny how those old meals of yore stay with you  my mums roast dinners was another one...the smell would fill the house.....

oh please stop talking about this...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 6:46am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 5:28pm:
Agnes wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 4:34pm:

I hope ethnics realise that it's the sin of Cultural Appropriation every time they front up for this Pom invented dish ... as with sandwiches.

sausages and mash.....onion gravy..... peas and bacon...lolol   oh shut up!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 7:27am

bye Davide and Marco...I am sorry to see you guys go.. but not sorry for your team.. they are mostly awful...sorry..

Hadil keeps chirping away how she can do better than anyone.....grrrrrrr... shut up Hadil.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #86 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 1:50pm

Hadil needs a few hard lessons in manners and etiquette.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #87 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 3:03pm

cods wrote on Mar 21st, 2018 at 6:46am:
sausages and mash.....onion gravy..... peas and bacon...lolol   oh shut up!

Love them!

Baked beans and cocktail sausages.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #88 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 3:59pm

I make sausages in onion gravy about once a year and I did them the other night.  There were leftovers (quite a lot) that I packed up and put in the fridge thinking I would have one the next day for lunch then freeze them.

When I went looking for them the next day they were nowhere to be found.   I took everything out of the fridge and turned it upside down.  Turns out my son gave them to his girlfriend (who is living here) for her lunches for the next week.  GGGRRR    Angry

Baked beans are absolutely disgusting!!!   UGH!!  Horrid things.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 5:47pm

Black Orchid wrote on Mar 24th, 2018 at 3:59pm:
I make sausages in onion gravy about once a year and I did them the other night.  There were leftovers (quite a lot) that I packed up and put in the fridge thinking I would have one the next day for lunch then freeze them.

When I went looking for them the next day they were nowhere to be found.   I took everything out of the fridge and turned it upside down.  Turns out my son gave them to his girlfriend (who is living here) for her lunches for the next week.  GGGRRR    Angry

Baked beans are absolutely disgusting!!!   UGH!!  Horrid things.

oh i love baked beans as well only Heinz though.....stay away from generic...

I dont do a lot out of tins these days....but has anyone noticed how things aint what they used to be???...

beans for instance seem to get smaller than I remember   also the level in the tin is getting lower...beetroot is another one..the slices used to be real big  now you chase around something as big as a 20cent piece...

I buy tinned  tuna meant  for humans for my cats at Aldi  its about $2 a tin.. and its a treat   opened a can tonight and its mostly juice  which in this case is called springwater...and the meat is floating around in the middle...... like most things the packaging remains the same size....

did you get you car fixed Black orchid... I am sure the cupboard must be a bit bare by now...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #90 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 11:11pm

BAH HUMBUG   totally over channel 7   they have taken MKR off for the duration of the CommGames  and stuck on sparticus in its place..

if they can show that crap which I refuse to watch  why not MKR.... Angry Angry Angry Angry

they are treating the viewers like crap imo... Angry Angry Angry

a bit like ozpol. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #91 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 11:47pm

cods wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 11:11pm:
BAH HUMBUG   totally over channel 7   they have taken MKR off for the duration of the CommGames  and stuck on sparticus in its place..

if they can show that crap which I refuse to watch  why not MKR.... Angry Angry Angry Angry

Grin Grin Grin

So it's BACK to your knitting, codsey-baby!  Tongue

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 9:52am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 11:47pm:
cods wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 11:11pm:

Grin Grin Grin

So it's BACK to your knitting, codsey-baby!  Tongue

I will make voodoo dolls  for channel 7....

I wont be watching the other crap...omg.. its only for 7 year olds...and I am noit all that interested in the Games  maybe the swimming and thats it..

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #93 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 3:04pm

Luckily I have lots of other things to watch while the games are on.  I may watch a bit of the swimming but that's about it.

It's all too easy without the USA competing.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #94 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 3:29pm

Black Orchid wrote on Mar 27th, 2018 at 3:04pm:
Luckily I have lots of other things to watch while the games are on.  I may watch a bit of the swimming but that's about it.

It's all too easy without the USA competing.

💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #95 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 2:59pm

Wakey wakey Herbert   Cheesy

My pick for the MKR grand final would be Henry and Anna and Nic and Josh.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 6:24pm

I am going for the boys..at this stage

there are a few who cant handle the pressure..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - May 1st, 2018 at 8:43am

I am amazed the asian ladies got through    how you can make a perfect dish in an hour when the broth usually take 2 hours alone I wouldnt know....I think the girls were hard done by...... someone  cheats tonight... how can you cheat with everyone looking on????????

that has to be a shame at this stage...seriously I cant imagine any of them cheating... Sad

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - May 2nd, 2018 at 8:45am

far out Stella and Jazzy  got through....I always thought they were the dark horse....sorry about henry and anna... that was a shock wasnt it?....

not sorry about the russians    wiped the smiles off their faces I didnt warm to them at all..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print