Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: HEY everyone
Reply #75 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:23pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 7:56pm:
cods wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 4:21pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 6:18am:
cods wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
have you actually cooked any of the recipes from the shows Black orchid????..... as they always cook for 12 I dont ..lolol

not sure what Russian food is to be honest...

You haven't tasted my borscht. To die for.

thats cold and I dont like cold soup....so the dates off herb...

I said my borscht, as designed, produced, and directed by me. Hot ~ and with crusty buns. I've tasted borscht made by a Russian, and it was insipid crap compared to mine. It had no guts, no punch, and no balls, but I had to grin-and-bear-it because she was my sister-in-law ...  Tongue

its still beetroot juice .. talking of Russians..

do you think they will get a serve tonight???>>. Smiley Smiley

there is a lot to do with "race" i am feeling in MKR this year......I hope they fall flat on the faces.. is that racists herb?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #76 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:44pm

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:23pm:

there is a lot to do with "race" i am feeling in MKR this year......I hope they fall flat on the faces.. is that racists herb?

Unfortunately I haven't been watching MKR this year as I've had other fish to fry .... hehe  Embarrassed

I cooked a delicious cod yesterday, but alas and begorrah, I didn't have any Mint Sauce in the cupboard. Even so, it was a treat.  Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:56pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:44pm:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 12:23pm:

Unfortunately I haven't been watching MKR this year as I've had other fish to fry .... hehe  Embarrassed

I cooked a delicious cod yesterday, but alas and begorrah, I didn't have any Mint Sauce in the cupboard. Even so, it was a treat.  Smiley

you dont know what you are missing its all gossip  and I believe a bit of racism  Wink Wink cooking is a side event..

mint sauce with cod....what!   no thats goes with lamb buddy ... cod goes with chips....to die for..

thats is real North Atlantic cod..

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #78 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:58pm

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:56pm:
you dont know what you are missing its all gossip  and I believe a bit of racism  Wink Wink cooking is a side event..

mint sauce with cod....what!   no thats goes with lamb buddy ... cod goes with chips....to die for..

North Atlantic cod and Haddock is what the Brits serve up with their chips, while here in Oz it's 'flake' which is young shark meat.

So wot do you sprinkle on North Atlantic cod? As Manu Fiddle says: "Every meal must come with a sauce!" He's very insistent on that.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 3:09pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:56pm:

North Atlantic cod and Haddock is what the Brits serve up with their chips, while here in Oz it's 'flake' which is young shark meat.

So wot do you sprinkle on North Atlantic cod? As Manu Fiddle says: "Every meal must come with a sauce!" He's very insistent on that.

just vinegar if its there.... please dont get me started on fish and chips.....you dont get fresh fish and chips in Australia   ... and you have to search for it in England now....

I think its the new caviar.... Grin

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #80 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 4:34pm

My favourite fast food - fish and chips and I had a bag of hot chips for lunch just now- so good

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #81 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 5:25pm

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 3:09pm:
just vinegar if its there.... please dont get me started on fish and chips.....you dont get fresh fish and chips in Australia   ... and you have to search for it in England now....

As a visitor to Australia since 1962 I can vouch for the fact that a genuine serving of fish 'n' chips has yet to arrive in this country, and the problem is that EVERY cook is an Ethnic blow-in who believes every meal must be saturated in oil.

The best two fish n chips Take Away joints I've had the good fortune to taste and eat were made by a Turk, and a Vietnamese fellow in different suburbs.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #82 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 5:28pm

Agnes wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 4:34pm:
My favourite fast food - fish and chips and I had a bag of hot chips for lunch just now- so good

I hope ethnics realise that it's the sin of Cultural Appropriation every time they front up for this Pom invented dish ... as with sandwiches.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 6:45am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 3:09pm:

As a visitor to Australia since 1962 I can vouch for the fact that a genuine serving of fish 'n' chips has yet to arrive in this country, and the problem is that EVERY cook is an Ethnic blow-in who believes every meal must be saturated in oil.

The best two fish n chips Take Away joints I've had the good fortune to taste and eat were made by a Turk, and a Vietnamese fellow in different suburbs.

funny you say that  my daughter lived in NZ nth Island for 3 years   in a little place called Island Bay  and they had the best fish and chips ever... and it also was Vietnamese owned....only thing missing was the Nth Atlantic cod..... so it was a dream and the first dish I had when returning to England about 3 years ago...... funny how those old meals of yore stay with you  my mums roast dinners was another one...the smell would fill the house.....

oh please stop talking about this...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 6:46am

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 5:28pm:
Agnes wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 4:34pm:

I hope ethnics realise that it's the sin of Cultural Appropriation every time they front up for this Pom invented dish ... as with sandwiches.

sausages and mash.....onion gravy..... peas and bacon...lolol   oh shut up!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 7:27am

bye Davide and Marco...I am sorry to see you guys go.. but not sorry for your team.. they are mostly awful...sorry..

Hadil keeps chirping away how she can do better than anyone.....grrrrrrr... shut up Hadil.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #86 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 1:50pm

Hadil needs a few hard lessons in manners and etiquette.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #87 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 3:03pm

cods wrote on Mar 21st, 2018 at 6:46am:
sausages and mash.....onion gravy..... peas and bacon...lolol   oh shut up!

Love them!

Baked beans and cocktail sausages.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #88 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 3:59pm

I make sausages in onion gravy about once a year and I did them the other night.  There were leftovers (quite a lot) that I packed up and put in the fridge thinking I would have one the next day for lunch then freeze them.

When I went looking for them the next day they were nowhere to be found.   I took everything out of the fridge and turned it upside down.  Turns out my son gave them to his girlfriend (who is living here) for her lunches for the next week.  GGGRRR    Angry

Baked beans are absolutely disgusting!!!   UGH!!  Horrid things.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 5:47pm

Black Orchid wrote on Mar 24th, 2018 at 3:59pm:
I make sausages in onion gravy about once a year and I did them the other night.  There were leftovers (quite a lot) that I packed up and put in the fridge thinking I would have one the next day for lunch then freeze them.

When I went looking for them the next day they were nowhere to be found.   I took everything out of the fridge and turned it upside down.  Turns out my son gave them to his girlfriend (who is living here) for her lunches for the next week.  GGGRRR    Angry

Baked beans are absolutely disgusting!!!   UGH!!  Horrid things.

oh i love baked beans as well only Heinz though.....stay away from generic...

I dont do a lot out of tins these days....but has anyone noticed how things aint what they used to be???...

beans for instance seem to get smaller than I remember   also the level in the tin is getting lower...beetroot is another one..the slices used to be real big  now you chase around something as big as a 20cent piece...

I buy tinned  tuna meant  for humans for my cats at Aldi  its about $2 a tin.. and its a treat   opened a can tonight and its mostly juice  which in this case is called springwater...and the meat is floating around in the middle...... like most things the packaging remains the same size....

did you get you car fixed Black orchid... I am sure the cupboard must be a bit bare by now...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print