Australian Politics

HEY everyone
Jan 14th, 2018 at 8:37am

M.K.R. starts on the 29th.... yippee!!!

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Re: HEY everyone
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:50pm

YAY I agree.   I like MKR and Masterchef.

I am interested in watching the Russians cook.   I believe their food is extremely diverse.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 9:02pm

have you actually cooked any of the recipes from the shows Black orchid????..... as they always cook for 12 I dont ..lolol

not sure what Russian food is to be honest...

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 9:38am

No I haven't but I have done a couple of desserts from Masterchef.   SO so fiddly and only when I am in one of those creative crazy cooking modes.  Which, nowadays, is not too often.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:54am

well done to you.... did you do the plate setting  they are so fond of on MC....

did it taste like you expected

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:49am

No fancy plating for a normal night lol.

The last thing I made was some raspberry and chocolate log by Reynold (Masterchef) and it was tasty but so so fiddly lol.

He has a couple of popular dessert bars in Sydney now and I really should go and try them sometime soon.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 10:31pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:49am:
No fancy plating for a normal night lol.

The last thing I made was some raspberry and chocolate log by Reynold (Masterchef) and it was tasty but so so fiddly lol.

He has a couple of popular dessert bars in Sydney now and I really should go and try them sometime soon.

quite a few have ended up doping ok for themselves from that show... cant say I have heard  of anyone from MKR  setting up bus... but that doesnt stop me getting involved... my grandson is an avid watcher as well so he will be over and we get stuck into the munchies  as well as give them our scores..... Smileyjust makes us happy...lol

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:32pm

My wife loves cooking those shows, it drives me flippin crazy, because she gets all inspired to cook.
She is a lovely lady, slim pretty and sexy, but she cannot cook to save a life. In fact some times I think her cooking may actually be life threatening.
Luckily my daughter and I can cook, so we do starve, or have to live on take away.

I have to admit that sometimes I watch these shows with her, and actually get quite into them, and cheer on the nice guys.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:50am

mozzaok wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:32pm:
My wife loves cooking those shows, it drives me flippin crazy, because she gets all inspired to cook.
She is a lovely lady, slim pretty and sexy, but she cannot cook to save a life. In fact some times I think her cooking may actually be life threatening.
Luckily my daughter and I can cook, so we do starve, or have to live on take away.

I have to admit that sometimes I watch these shows with her, and actually get quite into them, and cheer on the nice guys.

well at least she has a go moss......I just watch the shows and let others do it if they must..lol..I do admit to having one of Julie Goodwins books..shes pretty down to earth....more my style when I had one...

try scoring them before the scores come in mossy

there is always one couple I cant stand   never fails.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #9 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:57am

Quote:
AN all-girl team has been kicked off the set of hit reality TV show My Kitchen Rules after a simmering feud with two male contestants boiled over into a heated off-camera scuffle.

Production on the show was temporarily shut down while Channel Seven investigated the altercation in which sources said the contestants “crossed a line”.

It is understood the two teams became embroiled in an off-camera scuffle at a hotel in Launceston after a day of filming last month.

The two teams — one all-female team from NSW the other two men — faced off in front of shocked hotel guests and two other MKR teams.

It is understood the argument erupted in the hotel hallway after one contestant claims to have overheard another making disparaging remarks about a child with special needs.

Witnesses say the two teams, who allegedly clashed ‘from day one’ according to show insiders, had already engaged in several on-air confrontations.

“The women were walking past the room that the guys were in ... and they said they overheard someone inside saying something particularly insensitive about a young boy.

“The woman then started banging on the door and went them.”

It is understood the men were in their room cooking dinner with other contestants from the show. Witnesses say when the men opened the door there was pushing and shoving. One of the contestants accused another of spitting during the altercation.

“Meetings were held almost immediately in Tasmania and again once the cast and crew returned to Sydney,” the source said.

“The decision was then made that one of the contestants in question had most certainly crossed a line.

“That that behaviour was well beyond the limits of what is deemed acceptable.”

For the first time since the top-rated show first aired back in 2010, network bosses made the executive decision to dump the women from the line-up mid-season. Production will proceed with seven teams instead of eight, with the men to stay on for the duration of filming.

It is understood all teams will appear in the first few episodes of the show but the one team will be removed on air. Some fiery exchanges at the dinner table will be included in the show.

One onset source has confirmed the tasteless incident had raised questions within the network about how much conflict is too much.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/my-kitchen-rules-allgirl-team-kicked-...

I wonder which team will only be seen for a few episodes?     Grin

Spitting?    OMG!!    Shocked

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #10 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:34pm

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:34pm

whew!... is it two teams.. by the look of that list it must be...the first pair Jess and Emma seem to have made up their minds to hate everyone... 

who would even think  to handing out zero marks in a competition...... letalone tell anyone about it.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

think I am going to dislike more than one couple... Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #12 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 7:35pm

I guess we will be able to tell from the first couple of episodes which girls team gets the boot?

12 days to go   Smiley

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #13 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:40pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:32pm:

Before I really got into computers seriously I was praised by my family for my cooking- but my cooking skills are seriously on the decline and i have been known to use the smoke alarm as an oven timer sometimes- but not when I am actually watching my food of course

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #14 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:43pm

I used to be a good cook too.  I guess I am still but just do not go to quite the trouble anymore that I used to.

Years and years of cooking just makes you want quick and easy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print