Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Alien Contact 2018
Reply #180 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 1:31pm

skippy. wrote on Apr 22nd, 2018 at 5:17pm:
Quote:
Member Names in Thread Titles.
Nov 20th, 2016 at 12:02pm   
I'd prefer that a Member's name not appear in Tread Titles.  If that does occur, it will be up to my discretion whether it remains as is, or I modify it, depending on the circumstances and Thread content

Yes cods, but “depending on circumstances” is ozzzz speak for- if it suits me and the thread is about someone that I would like to lay the boot into anything goes.
This has nothing to do with ozzzz having a conscience, we all know that is laughable, it has everything to do with ozzzz attempting to have SN banned and myself shown to be a poor moderator of low morals.
As usual our resident Wile E Coyote impersonator,ozzzzzz, has failed dismally.

if he was in the least concerned about this forum  he would clean up his own act first and stop stealing other boards issues to boost his own ailing board ....and just so he can give his mates sanctions to say whatever they like about other members.....is anyone else sick to death of the "booby"slanging match????...all because someone thinks he knows better and would do better as the mod of environment,

doesnt matter that he is the only one thinks like that.. Angry

the jealousy and bullsh^t that goes on on here every day makes me ashamed to be a member here..its pitiful behavior.

I am always hoping it will return to the good old days...

it was a pretty good forum when 1 or 3 persons were on lengthy bans  anyone agree with me?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #181 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 2:23pm

cods wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 1:31pm:
Quote:
I'd prefer that a Member's name not appear in Tread Titles.  If that does occur, it will be up to my discretion whether it remains as is, or I modify it, depending on the circumstances and Thread content

Yes cods, but “depending on circumstances” is ozzzz speak for- if it suits me and the thread is about someone that I would like to lay the boot into anything goes.
This has nothing to do with ozzzz having a conscience, we all know that is laughable, it has everything to do with ozzzz attempting to have SN banned and myself shown to be a poor moderator of low morals.

if he was in the least concerned about this forum  he would clean up his own act first and stop stealing other boards issues to boost his own ailing board ....and just so he can give his mates sanctions to say whatever they like about other members.....is anyone else sick to death of the "booby"slanging match????...all because someone thinks he knows better and would do better as the mod of environment,

the jealousy and bullsh^t that goes on on here every day makes me ashamed to be a member here..its pitiful behavior.

it was a pretty good forum when 1 or 3 persons were on lengthy bans  anyone agree with me?

If those 1 or 3 persons are The Mechanic, Valkie, and juliar then yes, I agree.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:52am

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 2:23pm:
cods wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 1:31pm:
Quote:

If those 1 or 3 persons are The Mechanic, Valkie, and juliar then yes, I agree.

no they dont bother me!.. have been driven out of polzux.. left it to the vandals..I am slowly leaving the rest of the place to them as well. Sad

IP Logged

Super Nova
Gold Member

Everywhere
Reply #183 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 12:08am

Now all the drama is over and done with, we can return to the topic.

I see lot's of junk on the net about UFO and alien visitation, nowhere to I find a credible site that says this is real.

Interesting article, extract below. This is from a reputable rag.

It’s Never Aliens—until It Is

2017 was a banner year for scientists seeking aliens—even though they (apparently) didn’t find any

Astronomers have that, too—yet they never seem to ever catch UFOs in the viewfinders of their telescopes. Similarly, the increasingly global ubiquity of smartphones should presumably boost the numbers and quality of UFO encounters captured on video (as they have done for rocket launches), but the flood of eerie footage has yet to materialize.
That raises a red flag for Bruce Macintosh, an astronomer at Stanford University. “In general, interesting physical phenomena are only barely significant when first detected. Then, as technology progresses, those detections become more significant,” he says. “But UFO detections have remained marginal for decades; they’ve just gone from being blurry shapes on film cameras to blurry shapes on the digital infrared sensors of fighter jet gun cameras. This, in spite of the fact that the world’s total imaging capacity has expanded by several orders of magnitude in the past 20 years.” To remain so vexingly residual, he says, UFOs would have to become more elusive in lockstep with our increasing ability to detect them—something no natural process would be expected to do.
Hypothetical aliens with advanced technology could do that, of course. “But then you have to ask why they would choose to remain marginally undetectable rather than just being undetectable,” Macintosh says. “Unless they’re taunting us, it’s hard to come up with a coherent explanation.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/its-never-aliens-until-it-is/

Is Humanity Ready for the Discovery of Alien Life?

Interesting article here at Sciam.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-humanity-ready-for-the-discovery-o...

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #184 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 8:32am

Look at the formula for life on earth, we're made of the most common elements in the universe.

Just because we're yet to recreate the conditions that spawned life in a lab doesn't mean it can't happen again out there as it did here all those billions of years ago.

To think we're the only forms of life out there is far to self centered because we're just not that special.

But until we get evidence, no grainy out of focus photos or videos that are so easily faked, but actual evidence, we have to keep looking.

What so many on here like to do is rather than correct their ignorance of a situation, conclude, it must be aliens.

That's not proof, that's just the god of the gaps, aliens edition.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2018 at 8:46am by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

Super Nova
Gold Member

Everywhere
Reply #185 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 4:12pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 8:32am:
Look at the formula for life on earth, we're made of the most common elements in the universe.

Just because we're yet to recreate the conditions that spawned life in a lab doesn't mean it can't happen again out there as it did here all those billions of years ago.

To think we're the only forms of life out there is far to self centered because we're just not that special.

But until we get evidence, no grainy out of focus photos or videos that are so easily faked, but actual evidence, we have to keep looking.

What so many on here like to do is rather than correct their ignorance of a situation, conclude, it must be aliens.

That's not proof, that's just the god of the gaps, aliens edition.

Agree with all of the above.

There is life out there and it will be different from us, starting point will be different but it will have the same purpose, survival of its genetics, whatever form it takes.

Being visited is a question of statistics and physics.

Statistics say there is no likelihood that Aliens that are technologically advanced are nearby.
Phyisics as we understand it, means the time to travel is huge and why make that effort and not say hello, there will be a purpose.
They must use the electromagnetic spectrum to communicate... we have not detected any such artifical signals. So they are not nearby.

So I conclude we have not been visited... well not yet.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2018 at 5:51pm by Super Nova »  
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #186 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 8:50pm

DEFIANT ASTRONOMER: "Alien UFO Near Jupiter - Prove Me Wrong!"

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #187 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:08pm

it_is_the_light wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 8:50pm:

DEFIANT ASTRONOMER: "Alien UFO Near Jupiter - Prove Me Wrong!"

Sorry dude thats not how science works. Not up to us to prove him wrong. Up to him to prove himself right

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #188 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 5:03pm

Doom to Humanity if but the only other major life-form is destined to 'destroy' us, for survival. Would we - then make Contact for want of revealing ourselves and not 'waiting' in silence and shadow... alone in the Universe.

Would we make 'contact' the moment we are born into the Stars, with that which is ...Death, to us?

Come, come.
Mr It_is_the_Light
and
Mr Bojack Horseman
. Surely both of you could answer that one?  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #189 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 5:32pm

Ignorance is bliss, they say

We exist in ignorance of 99% of all that surrounds us.  No evolution in action in that respect.  So, we must assume we were designed to live in our ignorant and protective bubble

What are we?  Animals infused with God?  Or evolved animals?

We've been around a long time by our reckoning.  They're always finding bits of very ancient human skeleton -- there was another piece of jaw mentioned today in the news

But our reckoning of time might be mere minutes to something else

and through it all there have been mentions of creatures from the sky which created fear and awe

Oddly enough, unidentified flying objects have seemed to keep pace with our own technology.  Few hundred years ago, in the era of sailing ships, crowds saw what they described as a sailing ship in the sky.  Further back, it was flying carpets and flying dragons.  Late 18th century it was a smaller version of the Hindenberg.  And around the time that the Germans were experimenting with spherical flying objects, 'flying saucers' appeared to the masses

Lots of odd stuff happens, such as falls of stones, peculiar bipeds such as Mothman, Wolfman, Yowie.  Maybe they're all just nonsense -- images beamed into our minds -- along with UFOs and Aliens.  Maybe we're just like little kids, easy to mess with, the same way we put the tip of our thumb beteen our fingers and tell a child it's their removed nose, or play peep-o with a toddler

They were appearing 2000 years ago to characters in the Bible -- whirling wheels of blinding light. Probably safe to say sightings will continue for the next 2000 years and beyond, causing consternation and wonder and discussions like this

We're only here for eight or so decades, in our bubble of ignorance, seeking  novelty and meaning.  It never seems to get any further.  We just crave something beyond ourselves, those of us who have the time in which to ponder.  People squatting in Indian market places their entire lives, hammering trinkets for tourists in order to eat that day -- they don't worry too much about the existence or not of UFO's and aliens

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #190 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 6:02am

These "Things" Are LITTERING Outer Space

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #191 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 6:06am

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #192 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 8:37am

Thanks von Daniken

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #193 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:15am

RUSSIAN Satellite Just Saw WHAT ABOVE EARTH??..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print