Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Now it is gender free licences (Read 2621 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Now it is gender free licences
Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:57pm

Tony Abbott warned this would happen if the SSM YES vote got up.

The Extremist Activist Greenies would see it as a green light to attack every aspect of Australian society. And it is happening.

Police union slams gender-free driving licences
2:27pm, Jan 12, 2018 Updated: 15m ago

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk removed gender information from driving licences in 2016. Photo: AAP

Queensland’s Police Union has slammed the removal of gender information from the state’s driving licences as “out of touch nonsense” despite acknowledging the move has no impact on operations.

The Palaszczuk government stopped displaying gender information on new and renewed licences in October 2016, but the Transport and Main Roads department still records the details, which are available to police.

While it’s not been noted as an issue by any officers until now, the plan has been derided by Queensland Police Union president Ian Leavers.

“It generally doesn’t have any effect on how we as police can do our job; it does, however, have all the hallmarks of the typical, out-of-touch nonsense we as a society have come to expect from government bureaucrats with no practical experience,” Mr Leavers told AAP on Friday.

“The next thing you know, these same government types will want to remove the actual photograph of a person from a driver licence because people might be offended because their photograph doesn’t look as good as they’d like it to be. Where does it end?”

Queensland Opposition Leader Deb Frecklington says the move is the result of a focus on political correctness.

She has called for gender information to be once again stated on Queensland licences, labelling its removal a “nanny state” move.

“It’s offensive and it’s just gone mad.”

Ms Frecklington says the government should instead be focused on unemployment, ensuring trains are ready for the Commonwealth Games and lower power bills.

The change was made following amendments to the 2013 Commonwealth Sex Discrimination Act and improvements to biometric imaging and facial recognition technologies.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2018/01/12/qld-police-union-slams-removal-gender...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Now it is gender free licences
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:59pm

Nothing to do with SSM numbnuts.  This began a year at least before the SSM thing got under way.  It is also standard practice in at least NSW.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:02pm

Not according to the article.

It is very much a political correctness thing that is fired up by the SSM YES vote.

And the Pally Qld Labor govt is sucking up to the Greenies since the election so it all fits like a glove.

Tony Abbott was right.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:07pm

I've never heard of a traffic cop pulling people's pants down as part of a licence check.

It seems that juliar has got his knickers in a knot over absolutely nothing, once again.

Moreover, this has nothing to do with SSM.

Back to the drawing board (i.e. your Liberal Party script writers propagandists), juliar.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:11pm

juliar wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:02pm:
Not according to the article.

It is very much a political correctness thing that is fired up by the SSM YES vote.

And the Pally Qld Labor govt is sucking up to the Greenies since the election so it all fits like a glove.

Tony Abbott was right.

Completely wrong.  The process to change licence details (sex and height) began ('fired up') at least 12 months before the push for SSM.

Where is the Article does it say otherwise you parrot?

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:19pm

It is Political Correctness with a Capital 'P'

Anyone here read Big Brother? You should because we are edging towards it millimetre by millimetre

Our 'soft cock' society is headed for a fall..a big one

You only have to look at Victoria where an impotent Left Wing hand wrenching Premier Daniel Andrews is allowing terrorism on the streets of Victoria

Do yourself a favour and take a look at the new movie 'The Darkest Hours' with Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill. Watch how Churchill dealt with the white flag wavers like Neville Chamberlain and Lord Halifax.

It is a tour de force and a prime example of how to resist the left wing soft cocks of this world

« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:24pm by red baron »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:20pm

red baron wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:19pm:

Anyone here read Big Brother? You should because we are edging towards it millimetre by millimetre

How will it affect you, red?

How will it affect anyone?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:22pm

I've just checked my WA licence - it doesn't say anything about gender on there.

What effect will that have, if I get stopped by police?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:23pm

Tell me  Mr. Baron.  Grab your NSW Licence and tell me if your sex and height are listed on it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:23pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:22pm:
I've just checked my WA licence - it doesn't say anything about gender on there.

What effect will that have, if I get stopped by police?

How about your height?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:25pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:23pm:

Tell me  Mr. Baron.  Grab your NSW Licence and tell me if your sex and height are listed on it.

I've just checked mine.

It has my name, address, expiry date, class, photo, licence number, and date of birth.

That's all.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #11 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:29pm

I'm not gender X Gregg and never will be

I am a Male and I want Male stamped on my licence not some airy fairy left wing crap of X

You can be X if you like,  personally I think if you have a cock then M should be on your licence if you have a vagina then F should be there

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:31pm

red baron wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:29pm:

I am a Male and I want Male stamped on my licence not some airy fairy left wing crap of X

You can be X if you like,  personally I think if you have a cock then M should be on your licence if you have a vagina then F should be there

And prey tell....what is that date of the issue of that Licence, Mr Baron?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:35pm

Why?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:38pm

You can be X if you like, 

There's no x on my licence.

It just doesn't mention gender.

It also doesn't mention height, hair colour, eye colour, weight, or anything else.

Why is it so important to you that you have your gender recorded on your licence - is it hard to tell just from looking at you?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print