Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Catherine Deneuve, decries 'witchunt' against men (Read 1508 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Catherine Deneuve, decries 'witchunt' against men
Jan 11th, 2018 at 2:28pm

IMAGE.....

Catherine Deneuve

Google;
DW french actress decries witchunt against men

French actress, Catherine Deneuve, decries the current 'witchunt',
against men being men.

Quote:

Catherine Deneuve Joins Nearly 100 French Actresses and More to Condemn ‘Witch Hunt’ Against Men Over Sexual Harassment

"Rape is a crime, but trying to seduce someone, even persistently or cack-handedly, is not," the letter reads.

Zack Sharf

Jan 9, 2018

An open letter has been published in the French newspaper Le Monde (via The Guardian) in which nearly 100 actresses, writers, and academics slam the number of “denunciations” that have occurred in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment and abuse allegations.

The women say the accusations against Weinstein have resulted in a “witch hunt” against men that is threatening sexual freedom.

“Rape is a crime, but trying to seduce someone, even persistently or cack-handedly, is not – nor is men being gentlemanly a macho attack,” the letter reads.

“Men have been punished summarily, forced out of their jobs when all they did was touch someone’s knee or try to steal a kiss.”

The letter has been signed by women such as actress Catherine Deneuve and bestselling author Catherine Millet.

The women criticize the #MeToo anti-harassment movement and its French equivalent #BalanceTonPorc for forcing a “wave of purification.”

“What began as freeing women up to speak has today turned into the opposite – we intimidate people into speaking ‘correctly’, shout down those who don’t fall into line, and those women who refused to bend [to the new realities] are regarded as complicit and traitors,” the letter reads.

“Instead of helping women this frenzy to send these (male chauvinist) ‘pigs’ to the abattoir actually helps the enemies of sexual liberty – religious extremists and the worst sort of reactionaries.”.....

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/01/french-open-letter-witch-hunt-men-sexual-harass...

Yadda paraphrases Catherine Deneuve, and many others......

'vive la difference'
   ???

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Re: Catherine Deneuve, decries 'witchunt' against men
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 2:38pm

Read: RECESSION!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:16pm

I partly agree with her.....!!!!

Women have to learn to settle the matter there and then, like most men would, if a colleague has sexually groped or other like exposing himself you go to your supervisor if that doesn't work go above him, settle it there and then.

If he's making unwanted sexual advances towards you tell him to stop or it will be reported, if he persists then settle it there and then.

Having said all that pigs like Harvey Weinstein should have been ousted from his profession along time ago, that type of behaviour is unacceptable, SETTLE IT THERE & THEN.

There is no tomorrow.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:25pm

Ajax wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:16pm:

Women have to learn to settle the matter there and then, like most men would, if a colleague has sexually groped or other like exposing himself you go to your supervisor if that doesn't work go above him, settle it there and then.

If he's making unwanted sexual advances towards you tell him to stop or it will be reported, if he persists then settle it there and then.

Having said all that pigs like Harvey Weinstein should have been ousted from his profession along time ago, that type of behaviour is unacceptable, SETTLE IT THERE & THEN.

There is no tomorrow.

The women are more important than the men!??!

Little blokes getting it up the arse all of a sudden means nothing because Oprah said/...sorry, intimated, so?

She is unelectable, full stop!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:28pm

There is no tomorrow.

well thast what this ME TOO  is all about 

musical comedy  is not a HUGE things in this country   

and some have to fight to get a job  even a look in as a stand in....it isnt an easy gig..so I can understand  how they feel threatened by losing their job if they complain....

in america  its worse   its in Bed or NO JOB.. they audition on the couch...   

times are changing....but have you noticed... its only because of the thought of COURT action.....all this crap about everyones rights.. is all bull...

but at least the courts are taking it seriously...

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:32pm

The other day I read an article about Shirley Temple when she was 12 she went to MGM to meet one of the big wigs, when he got her in his office he exposed himself to her, she being a child just chuckled which infuriated him and he ordered her out.

That pig would not have been in that position if women learn to settle it there and then, I doubt Shirley Temple was the first or the last.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:36pm

cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:28pm:

There is no tomorrow.

and some have to fight to get a job  even a look in as a stand in....it isnt an easy gig..so I can understand  how they feel threatened by losing their job if they complain....

times are changing....but have you noticed... its only because of the thought of COURT action.....all this crap about everyones rights.. is all bull...

I can understand about keeping the job cods, but if women don't make a stand like settling it there and then, then I'm afraid it might go away for a bit, but will still be happening in the background.

Since all this has started its time to hang up a logo for all women to follow.

SETTLE IT THERE AND THEN............!!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:38pm

Ajax wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:32pm:
The other day I read an article about Shirley Temple when she was 12 she went to MGM to meet one of the big wigs, when he got her in his office he exposed himself to her, she being a child just chuckled which infuriated him and he ordered her out.

That pig would not have been in that position if women learn to settle it there and then, I doubt Shirley Temple was the first or the last.

Well, that was a smart little girl in a fanciful story that had a good ending!

It doesn’t  always turn out like that of course!

Rape is not good. But pretending only woman matter is a crime because some little dudes get but slammed and kill themselves because no one cares....

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:56pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:38pm:
Ajax wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:32pm:

Well, that was a smart little girl in a fanciful story that had a good ending!

It doesn’t  always turn out like that of course!

Rape is not good. But pretending only woman matter is a crime because some little dudes get but slammed and kill themselves because no one cares....

The only way this will be resolved is if women speak out as soon as it happens, the more times the better imo.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:12pm

Catherine Deneuve is Old School.

Men have always tried it on with an attractive, young women. I got propositioned many times when I was young and even when not so young.  A slap across the face or a "grow up" told them I was NOT interested. Some were The Boss but why would I allow that person to take advantage. I never lost a job because I told "him" to back off.

Young females these days are sooks.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #10 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:34pm

@ reply #9

Neferti,

Good post, and well said.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:42pm

And right on cue, CRAP-entine Ford dumps a toxic turd on a classy woman.

"Just like in the good old witch-hunt days, what we are once again witnessing here is puritanism in the name of a so-called greater good, claiming to promote the liberation and protection of women, only to enslave them to a status of eternal victim and reduce them to defenseless preys of male chauvinist demons."

So co-signs Catherine Deneuve who, along with 99 other prominent French women whose names appear on an open letter about the #MeToo movement published in Le Monde, is just sick to the back teeth of this hysterical feminism and the bone it has to pick with men, all of whom are lovely, and passionate, and desire lovely things with a passion.

Isn't it nice to be desired? Isn't it nice to be lovely? Feminism would have you believe otherwise, but real women know better. Real women – women who are professional leaders, with money, class, privilege, white skin, and the kind of power to demand they be paid an equal salary – know that there's nothing bad about being propositioned clumsily or rubbed up against on the Metro.

To experience both of things is to live wondrously in a sexually liberated society!

The chief complaint of the letter's five French authors (Sarah Chiche, Catherine Millet, Catherine Robbe-Grillet, Peggy Sastre and Abnousse Shalmani) seems to be that the #MeToo movement has gone too far, and any men who have so much as glanced at a woman across the span of their whole lives are now being rounded up and locked in cages. This is, of course, one hundred per cent true and not at all a paranoid overreaction in keeping with the kind of hyperbole normally propagated by the laughably named men's rights movement.

Roughly 30 years ago, when feminists first began drafting plans to stage the world's most slow-burning collusion against men, it was decided that large scale farms would be built to imprison all of the men whose lives we would gleefully ruin. We could kill them of course, but then where would we harvest sperm for the next generation of women? Besides, we're not monsters; we just wear comfortable shoes.
Advertisement

Until this morning, I was a feminist. I had completed the 13 tasks necessary to be inducted into the Coven that controls all of the world's finances and governments (the real Illuminati) and was well on my way to achieving High Priestess status. But, after reading the French perspective, I've been convinced to turn my back on the movement I once recognised as life-saving. As the letter reads, "Philosopher Ruwen Ogien defended the freedom to offend as essential to artistic creation. In the same way, we defend a freedom to bother as indispensable to sexual freedom."

Firstly, what woman doesn't love having a male philosopher quoted at them as evidence that they're wrong? I'll tell you who. The same women ("feminists") who don't love being bothered on the street or in the workplace, in the home or at school. The dried up, sexless old bats (oh yes, I see their true faces now!) who would seek to criminalise a man just for trapping a female subordinate in his office and masturbating in front of her while she tries to vomit discreetly in the corner, who would actually have a man fired from his place of employment just because he sent unsolicited photographs of his penis to someone 20 years younger than him and told her all the things he'd like to do with it. Doesn't that sound nice? A little clumsy maybe, but hardly a reinforcement of structural inequality and power differentials in a volatile workplace where nobody can afford to upset the boss.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Besides, it was only a photograph and photographs cannot hurt anyone except for people who have been conditioned to view themselves as victims.

But perhaps the most convincing part of the entire argument is in knowing just how appealing so many men will find it. Seeing as we're talking about desire, is there anything a man loves more than a woman who agrees with him that feminism has gone too far? I have shunned this kind of desire for my entire adult life, but no more! I have seen the error of my ways and henceforth shall take a stand against this vicious witch hunt against men who cannot and must not be held responsible for the awkward desires of their junk.

I want the men to like me, even it means hating myself and every other woman who has ever had a strange man pull his dick out next to her in a dark cinema and not moved seats because a lifetime of conditioning has taught her to feel awkward about potentially embarrassing him!

I had swallowed the feminist lie that told me time was up for today's male predators, abusers and creeps but I realise now that I was wrong.

For what is a world without unrestrained male libidos? What is a life without sexual coercion? What is a society without unwanted frottage? It is no life at all.

Thank you, contingent of politically conservative yet sexually liberated French women who don't mind being fondled on the train, for showing me the error of my ways.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/news-and-views/opinion/french-women-dont-get-cat...

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:46pm

Woof!

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #13 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:56pm

Good woman.......... les femmes francaise connaître la vérité ....... ma belle dame.... je t'aime....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:59pm

cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:28pm:

There is no tomorrow.

Jeez, cobber - you oughta try it as a hetero man who got a review for a 'sensitive performance' in a gay newspaper, when the gay community try to rule the acting roost......  offers come in from all sides, and referring them to your live-in girlfriend (daughter of an army Colonel) is the only way out..... phone calls for dinner to me?

I don't think so...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print