Reply #15 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:03pm

Gordon wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:59pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:48pm:
Gordon wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:47pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:39pm:
Gordon wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:32pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:55am:
It's the worst.

Especially when you get some pig in front of you who eats their meal in 3 minutes flat, then pushes the seat button, puts his feet against the chair in front of him, pushes back as far as he can, and pushes your tray into your stomach.

If I ever recline my chair (which is rare), I always ask the person behind me first if it's ok.

I wish we could go back to the days when bogans couldn't afford to fly.

And then there's ...

https://content.skyscnr.com/2a89f06e36a1132690e99d0a1df68fbf/reclining_baby.jpg

Don't you like children? Want more room buy a better ticket and sit in the front of the plane.

I don't like screaming children on a plane.

And, I don't want more room - I just want inconsiderate arseholes to check with the person behind them before reclining in their seat.

Not too much to ask.

Kids scream. Sometimes you can stop them and sometimes you can't. Tough.

I put my seat back (slowly) about 30 mins after the meals have been collected an I'll often move it halfway back for 10mins then all the way.

5mg of valium and a shot of vodka and I'll sleep until we start descent.

For the kid?

The kid only needs 2.5mg... JOKING!!!

When my kid was at screaming age I had to do  flights without 'fathers little helper' and it's miserable.

Try it, 5mg of diazepam and one shot of booze, you could be sitting in the centre isle wedged between two fat smelly bogans and you just wouldn't care.

I have, but with a few extra shots      Smiley

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: At Last!
Reply #16 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:15pm

Middle eastern criminals? No worries! Children on planes? Ring triple O! The priorities of your garden variety leftard.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:22pm

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #18 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:11pm

Charge by the kilo, like air freight. When you take your shoes off, you step on a scale. Refund if you lost weight since you bought the ticket.

Charge by arse size. Anyone wider than the seat pays for two.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:18pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:45pm:
worst trip Eva...

Sydney to New Zealand to Buenos Aires Argentina..

oh dear god...

the little bastard kid pissed and moaned all the way...

if I'd have killed the little poo while his parents went to the toilet no one would have dobbed me in...

and then his stupid bitch mother had a crack at the stewardess's for not helping her keep the little poo quiet... ffs.. .

little **** ... I still hate his guts....  Grin

I had one of those too... mum and mostly dad had to walk the aisle all the way to NZ.Wellington...3 long hours....the child about 12/14 months  would just not settle or even try to be happy   they did everything except lock her in a toilet.. it was awful...

maybe they could have baby lockers as well as cabin luggage lockers...

just a thought.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:58pm

cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:18pm:
worst trip Eva...

oh dear god...

if I'd have killed the little poo while his parents went to the toilet no one would have dobbed me in...

and then his stupid bitch mother had a crack at the stewardess's for not helping her keep the little poo quiet... ffs.. .

I had one of those too... mum and mostly dad had to walk the aisle all the way to NZ.Wellington...3 long hours....the child about 12/14 months  would just not settle or even try to be happy   they did everything except lock her in a toilet.. it was awful...

just a thought.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:00pm

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #22 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:57pm

worst trip Eva...

oh dear god...

just a thought.

Poor little bugger was probably teething cods. Cry

Edit: When I hear young kids crying I don't feel pissed, I fell like picking them up and cuddling them, they are crying for a reason.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:10pm

Most likely because when they started crying....no-one rushed to pick them up, cuddle  and go goo goo gah gah at them.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:17pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:57pm:
worst trip Eva...

oh dear god...

just a thought.

Edit: When I hear young kids crying I don't feel pissed, I fell like picking them up and cuddling them, they are crying for a reason.

I've never seen a screaming child on a plane where the parents haven't done everything they can to calm it.

Flying sux dogs balls and you have to accept any and all levels of discomfort. It's only a few hours out of your life, ppl need to harden up.

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:23pm

One of my Flats is right beside a Day Care Centre.  I stay there occasionally if a need arises.

Mums are dropping kids and infants off from about 6.00 am and the little buggers immediately start a cacophony of wails which suggest everyone of them is being tortured and is in agony.   You can actually hear the extra effort put in to get attention.  After five minutes of the employees doing SFA, they shut up and start playing as though nothing ever happened.

Stuffs my sleep-in every time, and schits me.  Hence I don't stay there often.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:28pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:57pm:
worst trip Eva...

oh dear god...

just a thought.

this was Air New Zealand  set....and this child would not go to anyone other mum or dad  and mum just gave up.....I dont know who was more of a wreck to be honest   it was all happening two seats ahead of me on the other side.....no one said anything   but I felt so bad for the dad   he just did his best.....and the aisle was so narrow.....

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #27 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:39pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:23pm:
One of my Flats is right beside a Day Care Centre.  I stay there occasionally if a need arises.

Mums are dropping kids and infants off from about 6.00 am and the little buggers immediately start a cacophony of wails which suggest everyone of them is being tortured and is in agony.   You can actually hear the extra effort put in to get attention.  After five minutes of the employees doing SFA, they shut up and start playing as though nothing ever happened.

Stuffs my sleep-in every time, and schits me.  Hence I don't stay there often.

Babies crying, kill them.

Anyway this is a thread about airline travel. Screaming kids,  no worries.  This however...

YUCK!

airlines the world over face problems with clogged toilets, but not to the extent that Indian carriers do. The problem has as much to do with civic behaviour as it does with cultural differences.
Aircraft toilets are made to western specifications, with toilet papers, while Indians are habituated to using water to clean up. "Some passengers don't have any concern for other users. They leave the toilet messy with water everywhere and worse, the paper cups and bottles used to fill water are dumped into the commode," he added.

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/indians-lack-of-toilet-hygiene-delays-long-haul...

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print