Send Topic Print
At Last! (Read 926 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

At Last!
Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:19am

British Airways ditches reclining seats on some flights

"PASSENGERS will no longer be able to lean back and relax on some British Airways flights as the airline seeks to slash ticket prices.

"The airline will fit non-reclining seats on 35 planes set to fly economy on short haul routes this year."

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: At Last!
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:49am

Agree.  There is nothing worse than the person in front reclining their chair back at you.  Really schitts me.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:55am

It's the worst.

Especially when you get some pig in front of you who eats their meal in 3 minutes flat, then pushes the seat button, puts his feet against the chair in front of him, pushes back as far as he can, and pushes your tray into your stomach.

If I ever recline my chair (which is rare), I always ask the person behind me first if it's ok.

I wish we could go back to the days when bogans couldn't afford to fly.

And then there's ...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:00am

Yes. 

I'll bet Herbert knows how to deal with that.  He is our resident expert on the behaviour of kids in places frequented by adults.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:24pm

Herbie: what do you think - ban kids from planes?

I'd like to ban bogans in Bingtan singlets and thongs.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:32pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:55am:
It's the worst.

Especially when you get some pig in front of you who eats their meal in 3 minutes flat, then pushes the seat button, puts his feet against the chair in front of him, pushes back as far as he can, and pushes your tray into your stomach.

If I ever recline my chair (which is rare), I always ask the person behind me first if it's ok.

And then there's ...

https://content.skyscnr.com/2a89f06e36a1132690e99d0a1df68fbf/reclining_baby.jpg

Don't you like children? Want more room buy a better ticket and sit in the front of the plane.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:39pm

I travelled from London 12 hours  and the bloke in front had his seat back all the time..I had to sit with one leg in the aisle  in the end I didnt even bother moving it if someone came along.. I thought bugger you if the staff wont ask them to sit up  unless sleeping... then dont ask me to worry about someone tripping over me...because I have someone sitting in my lap..... thats what it was like...that was Emirates they wont get me again.... I also found the staff less than helpful...and the cheek to ask for a glass of water and when it came it was warm I gave it back and they came out with a cold one....I know its cattle class   but seriously!!!!!!.. also one of the middle toilets went out of order  but we didnt know we couldnt see that far... when along comes a grumpy hostie  and said go up the back theres plenty back there......... yeah two... but it was just  the way she spoke...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:39pm

Gordon wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:32pm:
It's the worst.

And then there's ...

Don't you like children? Want more room buy a better ticket and sit in the front of the plane.

I don't like screaming children on a plane.

And, I don't want more room - I just want inconsiderate arseholes to check with the person behind them before reclining in their seat.

Not too much to ask.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:41pm

One of our budget airlines already does this. Forget which one. The seats are also particularly uncomfortable. I injured my back once when the plane landed because I had finally dozed off and was slouching in the seat.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:44pm

cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:39pm:
I travelled from London 12 hours  and the bloke in front had his seat back all the time..I had to sit with one leg in the aisle  in the end I didnt even bother moving it if someone came along.. I thought bugger you if the staff wont ask them to sit up  unless sleeping... then dont ask me to worry about someone tripping over me...because I have someone sitting in my lap..... thats what it was like...that was Emirates they wont get me again.... I also found the staff less than helpful...and the cheek to ask for a glass of water and when it came it was warm I gave it back and they came out with a cold one....I know its cattle class   but seriously!!!!!!.. also one of the middle toilets went out of order  but we didnt know we couldnt see that far... when along comes a grumpy hostie  and said go up the back theres plenty back there......... yeah two... but it was just  the way she spoke...

I've had a couple of good experiences with Emirates, but then I struck some bad service from Frankfurt to Dubai, so I used Qatar the next time.

They were pretty good - they kept bringing water and alcohol even though I didn't ask for it.

It all depends on the attendants I guess, and what mood they're in on any particular day.

But the recliners are rude bastards!

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:45pm

worst trip Eva...

Sydney to New Zealand to Buenos Aires Argentina..

oh dear god...

the little bastard kid pissed and moaned all the way...

if I'd have killed the little poo while his parents went to the toilet no one would have dobbed me in...

and then his stupid bitch mother had a crack at the stewardess's for not helping her keep the little poo quiet... ffs.. .

little **** ... I still hate his guts....  Grin

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:47pm

freediver wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:41pm:
One of our budget airlines already does this. Forget which one. The seats are also particularly uncomfortable. I injured my back once when the plane landed because I had finally dozed off and was slouching in the seat.

Yes, I think it's Jetstar.

I accidentally booked a Jetstar flight once, and I'm pretty sure the seats didn't recline.

For short flights, that's fine.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:47pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:39pm:
It's the worst.

And then there's ...

And, I don't want more room - I just want inconsiderate arseholes to check with the person behind them before reclining in their seat.

Not too much to ask.

Kids scream. Sometimes you can stop them and sometimes you can't. Tough.

I put my seat back (slowly) about 30 mins after the meals have been collected an I'll often move it halfway back for 10mins then all the way.

5mg of valium and a shot of vodka and I'll sleep until we start descent.

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:48pm

Gordon wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:47pm:
It's the worst.

And then there's ...

Not too much to ask.

I put my seat back (slowly) about 30 mins after the meals have been collected an I'll often move it halfway back for 10mins then all the way.

For the kid?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:59pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:48pm:
Gordon wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:47pm:
It's the worst.

And then there's ...

Not too much to ask.

For the kid?

The kid only needs 2.5mg... JOKING!!!

When my kid was at screaming age I had to do  flights without 'fathers little helper' and it's miserable.

Try it, 5mg of diazepam and one shot of booze, you could be sitting in the centre isle wedged between two fat smelly bogans and you just wouldn't care.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print