Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Challenge: PROVE THE DEEP STATE (Read 2994 times)
AiA
Gold Member

Re: Challenge: PROVE THE DEEP STATE
Reply #60 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 5:42am

Terms like "Deep State" and "Shadow Government" can mean whatever you want them to mean. Newt Gingrich in the quote above refers to "entrenched bureaucracy" as "Deep State". So for you simpletons, in Newt's world, bureaucracy = Deep State. Bureaucracy sounds a lot scarier when it is renamed "Deep State" which was the whole point:  creating fear in people's minds so they are easier to control.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #61 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:15am

Richdude wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 4:53am:

Senior heads of gov, Democrats, Republicans, as well as FBI, CIA and DOJ are petrified of Trump. Why! Because if he gets his way they will go to jail.

And those involved in the coverups which makes them as guilty as the perpetrators.

The guilty parties are the most frightened of Trump and so they should.

Going to be fun to watch.

Nah, its gonna be slow and dull, and in the end nothing will have changed, what ever your political fantasy tells you.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 11:01am

AiA wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 5:42am:
Terms like "Deep State" and "Shadow Government" can mean whatever you want them to mean. Newt Gingrich in the quote above refers to "entrenched bureaucracy" as "Deep State". So for you simpletons, in Newt's world, bureaucracy = Deep State. Bureaucracy sounds a lot scarier when it is renamed "Deep State" which was the whole point:  creating fear in people's minds so they are easier to control.

At the moment the bureaucracy is running the USA at the moment because Trump is too busy watching TV or playing golf. SOMEONE has to make the decisions and he isnt doing that.

deep state is a FANTASY

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #63 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 1:07pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 11:01am:

At the moment the bureaucracy is running the USA at the moment because Trump is too busy watching TV or playing golf. SOMEONE has to make the decisions and he isnt doing that.

deep state is a FANTASY

Well, we should accept your word because after all you live in a fantasy.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #64 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 1:12pm

Richdude wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 1:07pm:

deep state is a FANTASY

I take it Richdude you still haven't provided any evidence.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 2:49pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 1:12pm:
Richdude wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 1:07pm:

deep state is a FANTASY

I take it Richdude you still haven't provided any evidence.

Of course he hasn't. He doesn't produce evidence of any of his ridiculous claims. These ignorant clowns cant even define what 'deep state' even IS, nevermind prove its existence.

what dimwits!

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 4:23pm

I found a definition of deep state. Personally I wouldn't use that term, I'd use "Self Interest Lobbying" or "Self Interest Influence" to describe any people or groups who are willing to "subvert and manipulate the will of the people"

deep state
A cohort of people entrenched in positions of power throughout a government, armed forces and other influential bodies, that are working to subvert and manipulate the will of the people, policy decisions and impose their agenda on the population. Often a group of people appointed or put in positions of power from a previous government, and now working against the current government. Can also be religious group (Iran) or Royalty or military junta (Thailand).

There's plenty on the internet referring to "Deep State" - note the words "So Far" in this heading

Why Trump’s War on the Deep State Is Failing—So Far
By Benjamin Wittes
Monday, January 1, 2018, 10:00 AM

https://lawfareblog.com/why-trumps-war-deep-state-failing%E2%80%94so-far 

The onus is now on you longy to provide proof that "Deep State" type activity is not happening. Read the above link where Wittes talks about Trump's war on the Deep State is failing ..............so far    

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 5:13pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 4:23pm:
I found a definition of deep state. Personally I wouldn't use that term, I'd use "Self Interest Lobbying" or "Self Interest Influence" to describe any people or groups who are willing to "subvert and manipulate the will of the people"

deep state
A cohort of people entrenched in positions of power throughout a government, armed forces and other influential bodies, that are working to subvert and manipulate the will of the people, policy decisions and impose their agenda on the population. Often a group of people appointed or put in positions of power from a previous government, and now working against the current government. Can also be religious group (Iran) or Royalty or military junta (Thailand).

There's plenty on the internet referring to "Deep State" - note the words "So Far" in this heading

By Benjamin Wittes

The onus is now on you longy to provide proof that "Deep State" type activity is not happening. Read the above link where Wittes talks about Trump's war on the Deep State is failing ..............so far    

Well yours is the best effort in response yet although to be fair, that is not a high bar.

The idea that people in government do not necessarily agree with and support the policies of the current government is hardly a new thing since it will always be the case. If you for example, take polls of Americans, you would conclude that MOST policies of the trump Admin are quite unpopular. But that does not mean that the majority of people in government do not implement those policies as clearly that is not true. There will always be a recalcitrant few that refuse to implement the policy from higher up.

EXAMPLE: Congress - a co-equal branch of government - enacted sanctions on Russia and Trump has REFUSED to put them in place. So in some regards, Trump is refusing to obey government policy.

The problem with this entire 'deep state' concept is that it is described as some cabal or organised group of people who subvert the will of the people and government all for some typically X-Files type agenda. Evidence for this is non-existent and is what I am seeking for.

What you have done is not much more than to loosen the definition to include people who dont lock-step with Trump and agree with him 100% and do everything he commands. In North Korea, that would make sense, but in a democracy, not so much.

Trumps 'war on the deep state' is partly failing for the same reason that every single other thing he has ever tried to do in business, relationships and now politics, also failed spectacularly. He has no idea of what he is doing on virtually any topic or endeavour. But his war on the deep state is failing primarily because it DOES NOT EXIST.

Good effort, but if that is all the deep state really is, why all the carry-on? Is it news that government is not a military organisation with command structures?  Is is news that policies fail usually because they were dumb in the first place?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 9:41pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 4:23pm:

deep state

By Benjamin Wittes

Ah.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 10:12pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 5:13pm:
Well yours is the best effort in response yet

Ah ... Did you see that Karnal?, I'm flattered, can't contain myself

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:22am

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 10:12pm:

keep in mind that the bar has been set extremely low

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:53am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:22am:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 10:12pm:

keep in mind that the bar has been set extremely low

Yes Boss, I'll try harder next time

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:35am

So in summary it is fair to say that none of the Trumptards here have any clue about the mythical Deep State. They just quote the words mindlessly thinking that it means anything.

what idiots.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:21am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:35am:
So in summary it is fair to say that none of the Trumptards here have any clue about the mythical Deep State. They just quote the words mindlessly thinking that it means anything.

what idiots.

Listen windbag.
If you want to continue living your life the way you are then that is fine. You are the one that seems to be derailed in life. 300 trump threads and counting. Also your own psychological assesment of trump using the information provided by msm  Grin....please.

There is something sinister at the top of US politics. It involves a lot of rich people. Look at the movie makers crap coming out....yet I bet you had no clue of this or if it was told to you then you just denied it existed. If you think soros and his cronies have your best interest at heart then that's fine as well. Believe what you want.

If you think a couple of chicks/blokes on an Australian forum have the answers you need then you have no idea what you're dealing with. It's not like a fat person scoffing a biscuit with crumbs laying on the ground all around them. Look at the trouble trey gowdy has to go to to get info out of these scumbags.

Perhaps you'd be better off spending your time trying to contact julian assange. He seems to have the info you so desperately require. My guess is that you wont and you will keep posting your 10 trump threads a day.  Wink

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:00pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:21am:
longweekend58 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:35am:

what idiots.

Listen windbag.
If you want to continue living your life the way you are then that is fine. You are the one that seems to be derailed in life. 300 trump threads and counting. Also your own psychological assesment of trump using the information provided by msm  Grin....please.

There is something sinister at the top of US politics. It involves a lot of rich people. Look at the movie makers crap coming out....yet I bet you had no clue of this or if it was told to you then you just denied it existed. If you think soros and his cronies have your best interest at heart then that's fine as well. Believe what you want.

If you think a couple of chicks/blokes on an Australian forum have the answers you need then you have no idea what you're dealing with. It's not like a fat person scoffing a biscuit with crumbs laying on the ground all around them. Look at the trouble trey gowdy has to go to to get info out of these scumbags.

Perhaps you'd be better off spending your time trying to contact julian assange. He seems to have the info you so desperately require. My guess is that you wont and you will keep posting your 10 trump threads a day.  Wink

So you are also confirming that you have no evidence of this 'deep state' crap and you simply regurgitate what the trumptards sprout without a second thought. Or possibly even a first thought.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print