Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Send Topic Print
You are Australian if.... (Read 19782 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: You are Australian if....
Reply #30 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:25pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:19pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 3:17pm:
mozzaok wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:46am:
Multi-ethnic populations are something I have no problem with at all, but the ones who put their historical culture ABOVE the australian culture, should get the arse. F off back there if ya love it so bloody much you maintain it's beliefs and cultural practices instead of adopting the australian culture.

And what is the "Australian Culture"? (if it even exists)
I don't binge drink on weekends or obsess over cars.
Does that mean that I'm not adopting Australian Culture?

Oh here we go more nonsense from the Multicullturalist elite...
You mean to say barnacle you cant name anything particularly Australian.
Funnily enough the rest of the world can.
What does that make you and your ilk. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh...and what does the 'rest of the world' say, Grendel?

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #31 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:55pm

Neferti wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:49pm:
Why are you still posting at OzPol, Aussie?

Anyone who, like you, who has claimed more "real names" than anyone else, allegedly finds that your so-called alleged "real" name is posted. How do we know it is your real name, you have claimed so many "real" names and have had people banned because of it.

You have no place here, Aussie.

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:23pm

Multi-ethnic populations are something I have no problem with at all, but the ones who put their historical culture ABOVE the australian culture, should get the arse. F off back there if ya love it so bloody much you maintain it's beliefs and cultural practices instead of adopting the australian culture.

You cannot seriously believe what you are suggesting. By this measure only robotic clones have a culture because they behave identically.

How do you recognise any culture? By signs of the most commonplace cliches and stereotypes?

And what does your 1925 Australian penny avatar signify? That you are an Uzbeg or Bolivian?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:32pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:17pm:
Actually it is NOT.
It is Multiracial.
Multicilturalism is a Settlement Policy.
You need to stop listening to cultural cringists like Bwian.

I meant to say that since the post-WWII mass-immigration of over 200 different ethnicities and nationalities it has become necessary to specify what brand of Australian people are.

An obesity survey held in a Pacific Islander suburb of Sydney is going to produce a very different set of statistics than if a Chinese suburb has the same survey applied.

The term 'Australian' has very little meaning nowadays as to who is being identified and spoken about.

When school is let out at the end of the day in parts of Sydney the whole street becomes crowded with little girls wearing hijabs and talking Arabic to their mothers.

The quintessential 'Australian' of Chips Rafferty fame is a rapidly diminishing icon to Australia's pre-war demographic.

'Mohammed' is now a very common name in the Maternity Wards.

Ajax is a proud 'Greek-Australian'. He doesn't identify as 'an Australian' per se except when filling in forms.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #34 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:36pm

Bertie wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:23pm:

You cannot seriously believe what you are suggesting. By this measure only robotic clones have a culture because they behave identically.

How do you recognise any culture? By signs of the most commonplace cliches and stereotypes?

I'm not the one who brought up Australian culture, mozzaok did.
I don't think anyone has actually described what Australian Culture is.
It just seems to be a useful euphemism to describe what tinted people arn't

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #35 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:42pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:17pm:
You support the following values:

1) Separation of Church and State;

2) Freedom of Speech (the narrowest interpretation of it);

3) Equality for Women;

4) Equality for minorities;

5) Freedom to practise your religion without fear of violence;

Australia culture is your core culture, with your ethnic background taking a peripheral role.

You are an Australian citizen.

Your loyalty is to the Queen, Union Jack and country.

You believe that the Indigenous peoples of the Australian continent have been wronged by BOTH Australian government and the British;

You support the institutions of parliamentary democracy; common law; and separation of powers.
------
If you do not support any one of the above, you are not Australian.

That rules out: Aussie, Grappler, Setanta, Brian Ross, philperth et al. Sorry guys, you're not Australian.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Augie.   I have never pledged allegiance to a foreign naval flag.   I have pledged my allegiance to the Australian flag.   There is a considerable difference between the two.   What a shame you don't recognise it.  Silly, silly, boy.    Roll Eyes

Union Jack flag:

Australian national flag:

Pledging allegiance does not preclude one, BTW, from advocating that it should be changed, if the Australian people agree to it being changed.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #36 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:47pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:16pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:14pm:
Don't forget the true Aussie culture of being for freedom FROM religion. Since religion is dying out in Australia, it seems appropriate that we go about our lives without religion interfering in how we live.

I happen to be a Republican. The only thing that would stop me from voting Australia to becoming a republic is the cost. Otherwise, we can do away with the royal family having one of them meddling in our affairs.

[quote]
They don't interfere in our affairs.

Sure of that, Augie?  Who ultimately chooses the Governor-General?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:59pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:36pm:
Bertie wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:23pm:

I'm not the one who brought up Australian culture, mozzaok did.
I don't think anyone has actually described what Australian Culture is.
It just seems to be a useful euphemism to describe what tinted people arn't

Does any country have its own culture? Of course.
Does France have a culture? China? Vietnam, Indonesia, Argentina, Brazil, etc? Why question only Australia's culture? I don't see the logic.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #38 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:27pm

..... oh, dearie me..... tsk, tsk..... another strand taken up in a bun fight...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:32pm

3) Equality for Women;

Australia culture is your core culture, with your ethnic background taking a peripheral role.

Your loyalty is to the Queen, Union Jack  Australian Flag and country.

You believe that the Indigenous peoples of the Australian continent have been wronged by BOTH Australian government and the British;

You support the institutions of parliamentary democracy; common law; and separation of powers.
------

That rules out: Aussie, Grappler, Setanta, Brian Ross, philperth et al. Sorry guys, you're not Australian.

It wasn't/isn't correct.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:34pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:04pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:59pm:

3) Equality for Women;

Your loyalty is to the Queen, Union Jack and country.

------

F#ck the day I would ever pledge loyalty to the Union Jack....Piss off you POME bastard!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

The Union Jack is on our flag, mate. You're not pledging to it means you're not Australian.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Don't be ridiculous ... it's not our flag.

It has a place on our flag but the Union Jack proper like the British flag ... is not our flag & you know that.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:41pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:24pm:
cods wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:23pm:
Flick Australia.

I am,  VICTORIAN

Jealous much?

I know it was just an accident of birth that my ancestors chose victoria 160 years ago, but I am bloody grateful they were such clever buggers.

Not for patriotic reasons, just because we need to all be working together, to create the best future for our kids, and we need to share a culture to be able to do that.

you are now a members of the Islamphobias and racist rednecks  of ozpol mossy..

how dare you expect them to give up their culture and embrace ours....that is so anit...the average thinker on here..

if the ladies want to wear a burqua   whats wrong with that??????..

you are in for a shocking rollikin now moss....you should have kept that to yourself.. Sad

out Sudanese chums were brought up waving baseball bats......we shouldnt expect them to give it up for a long while yet.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Exactly.

What is wrong with that?

Refusing to lift it for Police Officers, Airport Security & Court Appearances is unacceptable.

Having it on for an ID or Drivers License photo is unacceptable.

Wake up to yourself you clown.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:44pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:41pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:24pm:
cods wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:23pm:
Flick Australia.

I am,  VICTORIAN

Jealous much?

I know it was just an accident of birth that my ancestors chose victoria 160 years ago, but I am bloody grateful they were such clever buggers.

Not for patriotic reasons, just because we need to all be working together, to create the best future for our kids, and we need to share a culture to be able to do that.

you are now a members of the Islamphobias and racist rednecks  of ozpol mossy..

how dare you expect them to give up their culture and embrace ours....that is so anit...the average thinker on here..

if the ladies want to wear a burqua   whats wrong with that??????..

you are in for a shocking rollikin now moss....you should have kept that to yourself.. Sad

out Sudanese chums were brought up waving baseball bats......we shouldnt expect them to give it up for a long while yet.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Exactly.

What is wrong with that?

Refusing to lift it for Police Officers, Airport Security & Court Appearances is unacceptable.

Having it on for an ID or Drivers License photo is unacceptable.

Wake up to yourself you clown.  Roll Eyes

cods never said anything about that.

She said "if the ladies want to wear a burqua   whats wrong with that??????".

So, if women want to wear a burqa - and lift it when requested by police, and take it off for drivers license photos etc. - what IS wrong with that?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:49pm

Nothing ... but it demonstrates their place as 2nd class people in Islamic culture.

I'm sure all you leftards think that's a good thing ey?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:51pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
Nothing ... but it demonstrates their place as 2nd class people in Islamic culture.

I'm sure all you leftards think that's a good thing ey?

Again, cods said "if the ladies want to wear a burqua whats wrong with that??????".

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Send Topic Print