Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
Send Topic Print
You are Australian if.... (Read 20139 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Re: You are Australian if....
Reply #270 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:11pm

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #271 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:44pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:26pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:19pm:
capitosinora wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:09pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:01pm:
capitosinora wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:57am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:37am:
capitosinora wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:21am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:57am:
capitosinora wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:46am:
Note:
* After Tinanmen square protests 20 000 Chinese with student visas got asylum in Australia.
Later on was discovered that China bribed Australian labour politicians by paying $10000 for each student to get asylum.
So far no one was hold accountable for such large scale corruption among ruling Anglo elite.

You have evidence of this?

Of course many years ago it was launched an investigation, I red in Washington post, on a labour minister for immigration, I forgot the name, and after that suddenly stopped.
Maybe you can help me to find it considering you are living in Australia.
Thank you very much in advance.

Good.

Would you like to share it with the rest of us?

Of course maybe this will help you.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/01/cabinet-papers-1988-89-bo...

No, that doesn't help at all.

There's nothing there about China bribing Australian Labor politicians by paying $10,000 for each student to get asylum.

Would you like to try again?

Yes but you have to be cooperative and not nasty.

If there had been payments, it would make more sense that they were sizable donations to the Labor Party capito

On the other hand, China may have paid "humanitarian" payments to the Australian government for settling the students here. In the same way the Australian government paid Nauru and Papua New Guinea to process boat people 

No need for any proof just make any allegation against Labor and you will support it....Dickhead!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Crikey you're pretty brain impaired - are you all like that in WA. I though SA was the worst. Seems the further west you go, the more idiots there are

"If there had been payments" - simple English you're having trouble with?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #272 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 6:20pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:11pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Promoting right-wing fascist propaganda, Augie?   Showing your true colours are you, at last?   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #273 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 7:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Auggie wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:11pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Promoting right-wing fascist propaganda, Augie?   Showing your true colours are you, at last?   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Fascism? You think that video is Fascist???

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Let me ask: have you ever lived under Fascism?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #274 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:43pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:44pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:26pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:19pm:
capitosinora wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:09pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:01pm:
capitosinora wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:57am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:37am:
capitosinora wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:21am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:57am:
capitosinora wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:46am:
Note:
* After Tinanmen square protests 20 000 Chinese with student visas got asylum in Australia.
Later on was discovered that China bribed Australian labour politicians by paying $10000 for each student to get asylum.
So far no one was hold accountable for such large scale corruption among ruling Anglo elite.

You have evidence of this?

Of course many years ago it was launched an investigation, I red in Washington post, on a labour minister for immigration, I forgot the name, and after that suddenly stopped.
Maybe you can help me to find it considering you are living in Australia.
Thank you very much in advance.

Good.

Would you like to share it with the rest of us?

Of course maybe this will help you.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/01/cabinet-papers-1988-89-bo...

No, that doesn't help at all.

There's nothing there about China bribing Australian Labor politicians by paying $10,000 for each student to get asylum.

Would you like to try again?

Yes but you have to be cooperative and not nasty.

If there had been payments, it would make more sense that they were sizable donations to the Labor Party capito

On the other hand, China may have paid "humanitarian" payments to the Australian government for settling the students here. In the same way the Australian government paid Nauru and Papua New Guinea to process boat people 

No need for any proof just make any allegation against Labor and you will support it....Dickhead!!!

Crikey you're pretty brain impaired - are you all like that in WA. I though SA was the worst. Seems the further west you go, the more idiots there are

"If there had been payments" - simple English you're having trouble with?

If there had been payments provide the proof....Hence my comment....Dickhead!!!

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #275 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:03pm

Are we still talking about the crap re Chinese students etc the yank thought up?

It has been widely accepted and confirmed that Bob Hawke made the decision...  it was a CAPTAINS CALL apparently.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #276 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:15pm

For those who don't believe me...  you know who you are...  the usual suspects...

From a LW source...

Quote:
Cabinet papers 1988-89: Bob Hawke acted alone in offering asylum to Chinese students

Bob Hawke

Then Australian PM did not consult cabinet before making a tearful promise to allow Chinese students to stay after the Tiananmen Square massacre
• The multifunction polis: a $150m ‘futuristic’ project that went nowhere
• Cabinet secretly approved guidelines for Asio to spy on Australians
• Nation-defining social change at a time of economic reform
Gabrielle Chan
1 Jan 2015 00.21 AEDT

Bob Hawke did not consult the cabinet before making his famous, tearful promise to allow Chinese students to stay in Australia after the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre.

Speaking to Guardian Australia, Hawke said that when he announced the decision he had just seen a cable from the embassy setting out in graphic detail what had happened on 4 June 1989.

“I have a deep love for the Chinese people,” Hawke said. “I had no consultation with anyone and when I walked off the dais [after the announcement], I was told: ‘You cannot do that, prime minister.’ I said to them, ‘I just did. It is done.’ ”

The 1988-89 cabinet documents, released by the National Archives, show substantial resistance to the decision by several government departments, including immigration, the Treasury and finance. Departments warned of negative consequences for the budget, the migration program and the labour market.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #277 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:25pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:15pm:
For those who don't believe me...  you know who you are...  the usual suspects...

From a LW source...

Quote:
Cabinet papers 1988-89: Bob Hawke acted alone in offering asylum to Chinese students

Bob Hawke

Then Australian PM did not consult cabinet before making a tearful promise to allow Chinese students to stay after the Tiananmen Square massacre
Gabrielle Chan
1 Jan 2015 00.21 AEDT

Bob Hawke did not consult the cabinet before making his famous, tearful promise to allow Chinese students to stay in Australia after the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre.

Speaking to Guardian Australia, Hawke said that when he announced the decision he had just seen a cable from the embassy setting out in graphic detail what had happened on 4 June 1989.

“I have a deep love for the Chinese people,” Hawke said. “I had no consultation with anyone and when I walked off the dais [after the announcement], I was told: ‘You cannot do that, prime minister.’ I said to them, ‘I just did. It is done.’ ”

The 1988-89 cabinet documents, released by the National Archives, show substantial resistance to the decision by several government departments, including immigration, the Treasury and finance. Departments warned of negative consequences for the budget, the migration program and the labour market.

Wow. I didn't know this.

G, you're good with sources.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #278 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:30pm

I think the poster who thought he hd seen something a while ago about China paying off a corrupt immigration minister, has just made an honest mistake.
Logically we would have to ask why China would pay to help students migrate to a foreign country, when they were supposed to be wanting to persecute and prosecute them, at home, in China???

I think that when Hawke made his silly promise, he also chucked in six months accommodtion and tuition at private colleges, for 5K. Maybe someone said that is like giving them 10K each??
Also many of the students who came enrolled with dodgy institutes for education programs, and got ripped off, losing 10's of K's each.

So the 10k figure was thrown around in a few articles about the Tianneman Square Students refugees, which may have seen them get the wrong idea of what he heard/read.
Anyway, I think he can accept that it never happened as he had thought, and I think the rest of us can see how easily we can make mistakes like that, so should get off his back.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #279 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:56pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:43pm:
If there had been payments provide the proof....Hence my comment

You're pretty dense Phil. Did you wag a lot of days from school?

"If" means; "don't know if payments were made", therefore no proof is needed because "If" means "don't know if payments were made"

Now,
If
there had been payments, not saying there were, they may have been donations or humanitarian funds

Getting it now? with your limited learning in English. No wonder you're a Labor supporter.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #280 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:04pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:56pm:

"If" means; "don't know if payments were made", therefore no proof is needed because "If" means "don't know if payments were made"

Now,
If
there had been payments, not saying there were, they may have been donations or humanitarian funds

Getting it now? with your limited learning in English. No wonder you're a Labor supporter.

So it's all bullshit....If you had proof you would provide it....I don't need proof to prove you are a dickhead because you continue to prove it....No wonder you are supporting a claim whilst admitting you have no idea whether it is true or not....Hence the request for proof dickhead!!!

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #281 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:14pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:30pm:
I think the poster who thought he hd seen something a while ago about China paying off a corrupt immigration minister, has just made an honest mistake.
Logically we would have to ask why China would pay to help students migrate to a foreign country, when they were supposed to be wanting to persecute and prosecute them, at home, in China???

How many of those Chinese students do you think were dissidents? probably not many

Hawke was wanting to give a boost to multiculturalism, it wasn't entirely accepted in the community even then in the late eighties. It was Hawke's call alone to allow students to stay. There was opposition to it because the suddenness of it upset legitimate organisation agendas of Immigration. Whether extra funds were provided to settle the students? Only a few top dogs would know

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #282 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:25pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:04pm:

Now,
If

So it's all bullshit....If you had proof you would provide it....I don't need proof to prove you are a dickhead because you continue to prove it....No wonder you are supporting a claim whilst admitting you have no idea whether it is true or not....Hence the request for proof dickhead!!!

That's right Phil, if I had proof I would provide it - Now you are getting it, at long last - Congratulations

Now go and ask capito for proof ... try not to forget to look up the meaning of the word 'if", IF you've got a dictionary in the house or on your computer

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #283 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:36pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:04pm:

Now,
If

That's right Phil, if I had proof I would provide it - Now you are getting it, at long last - Congratulations

Now go and ask capito for proof ... try not to forget to look up the meaning of the word 'if", IF you've got a dictionary in the house or on your computer

It is not up to me to provide proof....If I had proof I would provide it....Dickhead???

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #284 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:59pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:25pm:
Grendel wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:15pm:

From a LW source...

Quote:

Bob Hawke

Gabrielle Chan
1 Jan 2015 00.21 AEDT

Wow. I didn't know this.

G, you're good with sources.

And I have a good memory, but don't tell Phil it upsets him. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
Send Topic Print