Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Send Topic Print
You are Australian if.... (Read 19812 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Re: You are Australian if....
Reply #225 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:32pm

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #226 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:36pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 5:51pm:
So, you have moved from:

Quote:
Aboriginals invented footy.The first settlers saw tribes of natives kicking a stuffed possum skin around a field, and they scored bykicking it between two gumtrees.

To:

Quote:
Not that it realy happened, with the gumtrees and possum skin, that is just more aboriginal bullshirt that the poor buggers make up to try and feel legitimised, or whyever they talk crap.
It was though in an Indigenous exhibition in Smith St Collingwood, 25 years or so ago, along with more similiarly inventive stuff. There was real stuff too, they seemed to truly believe all of it.

"On your daughter's life."

Stop being a dikhed aussie.
It's the same thing.
An Aboriginal exhibition, set up by aborigines and their lefty helpers would be my guess, was put on to edumacate the poor white fellas like me, who had no idea how inventive they were.

The subject in question was a black and white photo of a field with two gum trees as the focal point.

They were set up on those old mobile partition things that had beige carpet on them so notices etc could be pinned or stuck on. Above this particular photo there was a card with a Title "Early Aussie rules" or something along those lines, I cannot remember exactly.
Below was the description typed up on another card, where they explained that contrary to poular wisdom, Aussie Rules was actually inspired from and derivative of a traditional aboriginal game, where they would kick a stuffed possum skin around the field, and scored by kicking it between two gum trees.

This is not a delusional misrembering by me, this is exactly what was on display.

At the time I thought how terribly sad it was that the only trustworthy history of aboriginals must come from "OUTSIDE" their culture.
It was not a moment of happiness for me to experience this, I promise you. I left feeling depressed for their chance of building a better future on the back of such folly. I sincerely hoped for a better future for them, along with all decent people, I knew just how badly they had been wronged. I KNEW HOWEVER THAT FANTASY AND LIES WAS NO WAY FORWARD.

This?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #227 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:38pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:36pm:
So, you have moved from:

Quote:
Aboriginals invented footy.The first settlers saw tribes of natives kicking a stuffed possum skin around a field, and they scored bykicking it between two gumtrees.

To:

Quote:
Not that it realy happened, with the gumtrees and possum skin, that is just more aboriginal bullshirt that the poor buggers make up to try and feel legitimised, or whyever they talk crap.
It was though in an Indigenous exhibition in Smith St Collingwood, 25 years or so ago, along with more similiarly inventive stuff. There was real stuff too, they seemed to truly believe all of it.

It's the same thing.
An Aboriginal exhibition, set up by aborigines and their lefty helpers would be my guess, was put on to edumacate the poor white fellas like me, who had no idea how inventive they were.

The subject in question was a black and white photo of a field with two gum trees as the focal point.

They were set up on those old mobile partition things that had beige carpet on them so notices etc could be pinned or stuck on. Above this particular photo there was a card with a Title "Early Aussie rules" or something along those lines, I cannot remember exactly.
Below was the description typed up on another card, where they explained that contrary to poular wisdom, Aussie Rules was actually inspired from and derivative of a traditional aboriginal game, where they would kick a stuffed possum skin around the field, and scored by kicking it between two gum trees.

This is not a delusional misrembering by me, this is exactly what was on display.

At the time I thought how terribly sad it was that the only trustworthy history of aboriginals must come from "OUTSIDE" their culture.
It was not a moment of happiness for me to experience this, I promise you. I left feeling depressed for their chance of building a better future on the back of such folly. I sincerely hoped for a better future for them, along with all decent people, I knew just how badly they had been wronged. I KNEW HOWEVER THAT FANTASY AND LIES WAS NO WAY FORWARD.

This?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/8441522-4x3-940x705.jpg

Where did the aborigines get the net from?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #228 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:40pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:38pm:
So, you have moved from:

Quote:

To:

Quote:

It's the same thing.

This?

What, the Indigenous Peoples of the Australian Continent didn't use nets?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #229 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:40pm

This Mozzaok?

Link.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #230 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:41pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:40pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:38pm:
So, you have moved from:

Quote:

To:

Quote:

It's the same thing.

This?

What, the Indigenous Peoples of the Australian Continent didn't use nets?

Not like that. They mostly used fish traps because they never learnt to make fine twine.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #231 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:49pm

Doubt it.  I reckon they adopted a whitey idea.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #232 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:52pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:49pm:

Or the painting is a load of crap?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #233 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:55pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 3:01pm:
We did indeedncall umpees white maggots, I also frequently used the expression, 'ya bloody big ape',
and get off him ya mug, are ya tackling or trying to shag him.
Are the joys of yobdom in the outer.
I was about 8 at the time, I think.

A 13yr old girl called adam goodes one of them and look what that turned into.  Grin The aboriginal invented whatever the floppin hell happened there. Crazy.

Aerial ping pong was invented back in the 1850's there abouts in a mexican state called victoria. The public schools would play football which was related to the english football codes, pretty much copying english schools practices...... although it wasn't very popular. Sure, there were probably black fellas kickin dead wombats and colonial boys and girls kicking a possum skin ball in remote areas but the game we know as Aussie rules was taking shape in victoria and these kids were getting people thinking.

The game changer was when a cricketer got involved and put forward a motion to have a code of football drawn up, along with a full set of rules, to be played in the offseason to keep them fit (hence the cricket oval). VFL was born. The rest is history.  Grin

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #234 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 8:20pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:40pm:
This Mozzaok?

Link.

No, I am pretty sure there was no mention of marn grook, or etchings of kids playing, just the basic assertion that white people watched them kicking the stuffed possum between two trees about the right distance apart to be thought of as equivalent to our modern goal posts.
That is why they had the photo of two trees about 10 yards apart, definitive proof by anyones standards.
It may have been a bit more than 25 years ago, Jump Club was a bit down the road from it, so mid eighties would probably be my best guess. I am not sure how long the mythology of marn grook has been around, it may not have been "remembered" by then.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #235 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:46am

In America there is very clear definition of an American:
American is everyone who has American citizenship.

The problem is that in Australia no one knows what Australian means.
Yobbo Anglos consider as Australians only those  with "Anglo Celtic" origin, where word Celtic was added later as part of political correctness. It is worth mentioning, that in today's terms, large part of convicts settlers in Australia were British criminals while Irish were sent to Australia as political prisoners who fought against British occupation of Ireland.
All others of non Anglo race are not considered Australians,  such as Wogs, Abos, Lebos, slopes etc regardless if they are born in Australia and have citizenship or not.
Globalisation, corruption* and decadence among dominant Anglo population and politicians has had positive effect by decreasing the percentage of Anglo population, particularly in big cities where they are less then 50%.
This trend has had decreased crime rate and increased number of educated people among non Anglo population in Australia and even brought some politicians of non Anglo origin in the Parliament.
Definitely the reduction of Anglosaxon racism and British nationalism will bring more equality and chance that this British colony one day become independent sovereign country.
However there are some predictions among competent political analysts that Australia also has realistic prospects of becoming part of China similar like today's Hong Kong.

Note:
* After Tinanmen square protests 20 000 Chinese with student visas got asylum in Australia.
Later on was discovered that China bribed Australian labour politicians by paying $10000 for each student to get asylum.
So far no one was hold accountable for such large scale corruption among ruling Anglo elite.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:52am by capitosinora »  

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #236 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:10am

YAWN
Honestly you should just comment on something you actually know about.
Whatever that may be.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #237 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:18am

Grendel wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:10am:
YAWN
Honestly you should just comment on something you actually know about.
Whatever that may be.

Sorry for political incorrectness.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/01/cabinet-papers-1988-89-bo...

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #238 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:31am

capitosinora wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:46am:
In America there is very clear definition of an American:
American is everyone who has American citizenship.

The problem is that in Australia no one knows what Australian means.
Yobbo Anglos consider as Australians only those  with "Anglo Celtic" origin, where word Celtic was added later as part of political correctness. It is worth mentioning, that in today's terms, large part of convicts settlers in Australia were British criminals while Irish were sent to Australia as political prisoners who fought against British occupation of Ireland.
All others of non Anglo race are not considered Australians,  such as Wogs, Abos, Lebos, slopes etc regardless if they are born in Australia and have citizenship or not.
Globalisation, corruption* and decadence among dominant Anglo population and politicians has had positive effect by decreasing the percentage of Anglo population, particularly in big cities where they are less then 50%.
This trend has had decreased crime rate and increased number of educated people among non Anglo population in Australia and even brought some politicians of non Anglo origin in the Parliament.
Definitely the reduction of Anglosaxon racism and British nationalism will bring more equality and chance that this British colony one day become independent sovereign country.
However there are some predictions among competent political analysts that Australia also has realistic prospects of becoming part of China similar like today's Hong Kong.

Note:
* After Tinanmen square protests 20 000 Chinese with student visas got asylum in Australia.
Later on was discovered that China bribed Australian labour politicians by paying $10000 for each student to get asylum.
So far no one was hold accountable for such large scale corruption among ruling Anglo elite

It is Labor not Labour....You are not from here are you???

Terrible....Can you support this accusation with anything or do we just take your word for it???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #239 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:33am

capitosinora wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:46am:
Note:
So far no one was hold accountable for such large scale corruption among ruling Anglo elite.

You have evidence of this, of course    Undecided

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Send Topic Print