Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Send Topic Print
You are Australian if.... (Read 19798 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: You are Australian if....
Reply #120 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:55pm

cods wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:17am:
Setanta wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:56am:
Auggie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:17pm:
You support the following values:

1) Separation of Church and State;

2) Freedom of Speech (the narrowest interpretation of it);

3) Equality for Women;

4) Equality for minorities;

5) Freedom to practise your religion without fear of violence;

Australia culture is your core culture, with your ethnic background taking a peripheral role.

You are an Australian citizen.

Your loyalty is to the Queen, Union Jack and country.

You believe that the Indigenous peoples of the Australian continent have been wronged by BOTH Australian government and the British;

You support the institutions of parliamentary democracy; common law; and separation of powers.
------
If you do not support any one of the above, you are not Australian.

That rules out: Aussie, Grappler, Setanta, Brian Ross, philperth et al. Sorry guys, you're not Australian.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Seems I'm almost an Australian... I'll try harder to have loyalty to the queen, I promise. Undecided

I doubt she gives a damn what you do  anyway..

I'd say you are right cods, neither of us gives a damn about what the other does.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #121 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 4:11pm

Frank wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:51am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:16am:
Frank wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 8:49pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:37pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:15pm:
Has she ever?  Has any Sovereign rejected a Government's selection?

The Palace, on several occasions has questioned the Government's choice of GG.  Sir Isaac Isaacs when nominated the Palace asked if he was the best choice for the position.   He was Jewish and Australian.   Obviously, his religion was seen as an impediment.   Sir John Kerr acted illegally and when the PM attempted to have him dismissed, he had to appeal to the Palace to have it done.    Roll Eyes

See???  You ARE lying.

Prove it, Soren.   Otherwise, you're just bullshitting as usual.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

The facts of the Whitlam dismissal are more important than ever

Malcolm Fraser delivers proof John Kerr lied over the dismissal

Sir John Kerr's obsessive side and the secret ANU discussions before the dismissal

Kerr did not act illegally. That the Crown, the High Court, Parliament and the States would have gone along with an illegal act by the GG is a  ludicrous lie, Bwian, so you ARE an outrageous liar. Too stupid.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Oh, so accomodating, hey, Soren when it suits you to be an apologist for the Governor-General acting illegally to dismiss the democratically elected Government of Australia.   Tsk, tsk.  Read the articles and see for yourself.  Kerr decided to dismiss Whitlam well before the Supply Crisis.   He just needed an excuse.   He sought advice from people outside of the PM.   He spoke to the Leader of the Opposition and lied about it.    Such a strange person you are, Soren.   Anything to further your Tory party, hey?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #122 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 5:03pm

Oh dear so bwian when was he arrested and charged?
Hmmmm
or are you just making crap up as usual? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #123 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:25pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 3:17pm:
mozzaok wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:46am:
Multi-ethnic populations are something I have no problem with at all, but the ones who put their historical culture ABOVE the australian culture, should get the arse. F off back there if ya love it so bloody much you maintain it's beliefs and cultural practices instead of adopting the australian culture.

And what is the "Australian Culture"? (if it even exists)
I don't binge drink on weekends or obsess over cars.
Does that mean that I'm not adopting Australian Culture?

Australian culture is a wonderful thing, and immigrants and their offspring do not need to abandon their historical culture, unless it is in clear contradiction to OUR culture, it just must not be put above our culture, so that these migrants believe they are our superiors, on a cultural level.

Can anyone here honestly tell me they have not come across those types, who hark to the superiority of greek culture, because that is where democracy and the great philosophers sprang from, or macedonians thinking that like alexander, and ali, they are the greatest, or italians that identify with the world dominating roman empire, or iranians with the persian etc. etc.

That is what we do not need, having new australians condescending to "convicts".

Aussie culture is famous for it's self deprecating humour, for it's generousity of spirit, and welcoming egalitarianism. We stick up for the underdog, thumb our noses at pretentiosness and self importance, and deride the overly pious and patriotic, with equal disdain. The preparedness to help out a friend, neighbour, or stranger in need, goes back to our pioneering heritage, where we also developed the characteristic of stoically taking hardships in our stride, but continuing to strive to build a better future for all.

When people claim to not know of any australian culture, I have to wonder who are these people, and what the hell is wrong with them that they fail to recognise what is all around them.
I am 5th generation australian, and grateful to have such a great home country, and I would like to think that pathetic whining self pitying zealots from other cultures do not lessen what so many have built up over the last 200 years or so.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #124 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:54pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:25pm:
Multi-ethnic populations are something I have no problem with at all, but the ones who put their historical culture ABOVE the australian culture, should get the arse. F off back there if ya love it so bloody much you maintain it's beliefs and cultural practices instead of adopting the australian culture.

Australian culture is a wonderful thing, and immigrants and their offspring do not need to abandon their historical culture, unless it is in clear contradiction to OUR culture, it just must not be put above our culture, so that these migrants believe they are our superiors, on a cultural level.

Can anyone here honestly tell me they have not come across those types, who hark to the superiority of greek culture, because that is where democracy and the great philosophers sprang from, or macedonians thinking that like alexander, and ali, they are the greatest, or italians that identify with the world dominating roman empire, or iranians with the persian etc. etc.

That is what we do not need, having new australians condescending to "convicts".

Aussie culture is famous for it's self deprecating humour, for it's generousity of spirit, and welcoming egalitarianism. We stick up for the underdog, thumb our noses at pretentiosness and self importance, and deride the overly pious and patriotic, with equal disdain. The preparedness to help out a friend, neighbour, or stranger in need, goes back to our pioneering heritage, where we also developed the characteristic of stoically taking hardships in our stride, but continuing to strive to build a better future for all.

When people claim to not know of any australian culture, I have to wonder who are these people, and what the hell is wrong with them that they fail to recognise what is all around them.
I am 5th generation australian, and grateful to have such a great home country, and I would like to think that pathetic whining self pitying zealots from other cultures do not lessen what so many have built up over the last 200 years or so.

Unless of course, they are Muslims and then they earn the ire of oh, so many Australians who have never met a Muslim nor understand that Muslims aren't all Terrorists, they are just ordinary people who just happen to worship a different god to the one normally accepted by the majority of Australians.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #125 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:54pm:

Unless of course, they are Muslims and then they earn the ire of oh, so many Australians who have never met a Muslim nor understand that Muslims aren't all Terrorists, they are just ordinary people who just happen to worship a different god to the one normally accepted by the majority of Australians.    Roll Eyes

Again, this focus on the peace-loving majority. The disorganised majority doesn't matter. What matters is the organized minority, which needs JUST ENOUGH SUPPORT to be a force of reckoning. Something is driving this movement; and it's an ideology.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #126 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:16am

Brian, brian brian, you are so wrong.
Unless of course, they are Muslims and then they earn the ire of oh, so many Australians who have never met a Muslim nor understand that Muslims aren't all Terrorists, they are just ordinary people who just happen to worship a different god to the one normally accepted by the majority of Australians.    

Here is a little clip of some local Mebourne boys, born and raised here, good aussies one and all, according to you, and your fellow apologists.

The clip starts out with them screaming at people filing in to listen to speakers Richard Dawkins and other atheists, and humanists, at the 2012 global atheists convention.
They scream, "BURN IN HELL", luckily because they are a poor repressed minority, that must not be considered HATE speech.
They also hold up signs, declaring the recently deceased, much loved writer Christopher Hitchens, BURNS IN HELLFIRE. Lovely folks, one and all. Of course I expect you will race to point out these are not "real" muslims, nor do they reflect "real" Islamic beliefs.
And two positives cannot produce a negative.
Yeah Right.

If this clip is long enough, you may see some christians spewing hate as well, more lovely folk.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #127 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:40am

mozzaok wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:16am:
Brian, brian brian, you are so wrong.
Unless of course, they are Muslims and then they earn the ire of oh, so many Australians who have never met a Muslim nor understand that Muslims aren't all Terrorists, they are just ordinary people who just happen to worship a different god to the one normally accepted by the majority of Australians.    

Here is a little clip of some local Mebourne boys, born and raised here, good aussies one and all, according to you, and your fellow apologists.

The clip starts out with them screaming at people filing in to listen to speakers Richard Dawkins and other atheists, and humanists, at the 2012 global atheists convention.
They scream, "BURN IN HELL", luckily because they are a poor repressed minority, that must not be considered HATE speech.
They also hold up signs, declaring the recently deceased, much loved writer Christopher Hitchens, BURNS IN HELLFIRE. Lovely folks, one and all. Of course I expect you will race to point out these are not "real" muslims, nor do they reflect "real" Islamic beliefs.
And two positives cannot produce a negative.
Yeah Right.

If this clip is long enough, you may see some christians spewing hate as well, more lovely folk.

And in the next video clip they get exactly the response their ideology deserves, ridicule.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #128 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:27am

Well mozza, it's taken you quite a while, but you finally get it.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #129 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:06am

Oh yeah that’s a good summation I like it very much... Cool

I’m from a Greek heritage I was born here and in my youth I rejected it now in my older years I have come to love and embrace my Greek heritage but even though I have Greek blood running through my veins, my heart and my mind are Australian.

I love the Australian sense of humour, the larrikinism, the slang, the ability to laugh at almost anything and to not take life too seriously, the bonds of mateship between friends and helping each other out.

I’ve never been to Greece but I have met many relos who have come over here for a holiday and while they are good people and I like them deep down they do feel a bit alien to what I’m used to.

One day I will go for a holiday to see the place my oldies came from but Australia will always be home.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #130 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:31am

Agree they don't need to abandon anything because there is no culture.
Everything what's left is a poor imitation of British prehistoric convict colonial "culture".

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:36am by capitosinora »  

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #131 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:31am

Lol, maybe you should change your id to CLUELESS.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #132 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:33am

Can we forget about bwian and his wankerisms...  he only wants to disrupt and derail topics..

Inventiveness...
http://www.convictcreations.com/culture/inventions.htm
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:26pm by Grendel »  

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #133 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:32am

4. A Sporting Culture.

Australians have developed a sporting sub/culture, whether they be spectators or participants, Australians have a love of Sports.  Perhaps more than any other nation.

http://www.convictcreations.com/citizenship/sport.html

Australians have excelled at and have had many world champions in many world sports as well.
Tennis, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Cricket, Squash, Swimming, Hockey, Golf, Boxing, Track and Field, etc, etc, etc...

Quote:
Australians take great pride in the sporting feats of our compatriots — indeed a large degree of our national identity has been forged on the playing field.
From Bradman to Gould, Freeman to Cash, the achievements of our legendary sports stars fill us with a collective national pride. In the wake of national celebrations for Australia Day, Wide World of Sports hones in on 11 of our greatest sporting heroes. 

Don Bradman
Any discussion of Australian sporting champions must begin with cricket legend Sir Donald "The Don" Bradman. Even with almost 70 years having passed since his retirement and 15 years since his death, Bradman's many batting records remain mostly unchallenged.

Bradman still holds the highest Test batting average of any batsmen at 99.94, and his insatiable run-making prowess is unlikely ever to be bettered.

Shane Gould
Australia has also excelled in the Olympic domain, with numerous legendary performers enshrining their names in the history books. Shane Gould wowed a generation as a shy 15-year-old schoolgirl at the 1972 Munich Games, winning three gold medals, a silver and a bronze in various swimming events.

But the pressure of success was too much for her and on her return to Australia, she retired from competitive swimming. The mother of four has since revived her career competing at Masters level, where she’s set an array of records, solidifying her legendary status.

Herb Elliott
Aussies have also excelled in the track and field arena. Herb Elliott was the greatest middle distance runner of his generation, unbeaten over both the mile and the 1500m during his career from 1957 to 1961.

Such was his domination during that period, it was simply assumed he couldn't lose — and in the 1960 Rome Olympics, he only fueled this rumour further by smashing his own world record, winning by 30m.

Betty Cuthbert
Betty Cuthbert became Australia's "Golden Girl" when she blitzed the 1956 Melbourne Olympics, winning a total of three gold medals, before taking home another gold in Tokyo four years later.

Cuthbert was inducted into The Sport Australia Hall of Fame in 1985 as an Athlete Member and in 1994 was elevated to Legend of Australian Sport. Tragically, she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1969, but went on to become a keen advocate for the condition.

Cathy Freeman
In terms of an athlete who truly became a legend in a single moment, you can't go past Cathy Freeman. As Australia held its collective breath, the proud indigenous athlete  clinched gold at the Sydney 2000 Olympics in stunning fashion during the 400m.

The significance of her achievement cannot be underestimated. Coming in an era where the incumbent government had refused to apologise for past injustices against the Aboriginal people, her win was a unifying experience for the entire nation

Mark Richards
As a coastal nation, it should come as no surprise that Aussies have also excelled in surfing. Rising from the counter-culture milieu of the 1960s and 1970s, Australia's beaches spawned a radical crop of competitive surfers who dominated the fledgling years of professional surfing. And there were none better than Newcastle's Mark Richards.

Winning four world titles and revolutionising the sport with a powerfully fluid style, Richards was everything surfers weren't originally considered to be. A quiet, humble family man, Richards' Australian record of four titles has stood firm for years, with only three-time world champ Mick Fanning coming close.

Tennis legends

The tennis courts of the world have also long been hallowed ground for Australian athletes. Legends include Margaret Court, who won 62 Grand Slam titles between 1969 and 1975; Rod Laver, who took the world by storm throughout the 1960s; and Ken Rosewall, whose 20-year career carved his name forever in the Australian psyche.

Pat Cash
But one of the greatest and most well-loved tennis champs from Oz is Pat Cash – whose victory over Ivan Lendl in the 1987 Wimbledon final cemented his status as eternal sporting legend.

Throughout his career, Cash won six singles titles and 12 doubles titles, before retiring from the game in 1997.

If you scratch the surface of almost any sport, you will find an Australian sporting legend. From sailors John Bertrand and Jessica Watson, to cricketers Shane Warne and Dennis Lillee, to golfers Peter Thompson and Greg Norman, this nation has bred a plethora of legends, all admired and loved for their achievements.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:41am by Grendel »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #134 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:38am

Grendel wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:32am:
4. A Sporting Culture.

Australians have developed a sporting sub/culture, whether they be spectators or participants, Australians have a love of Sports.  Perhaps more than any other nation.

http://www.convictcreations.com/citizenship/sport.html

Lets not forget those special people that indulge in the extra sporting curriculum of streaking....... Cool

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Send Topic Print