Craig McLachlan (Read 16908 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Craig McLachlan
Reply #90 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:54pm

Valkie wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:52pm:
Emasculated by stealth.

Soon every man will be required to look down only and speak to females in respectful tones.
Only to speak when spoken to, they will never again be allowed to initiate relationships or sexual encounters.

And women will cry out

"WHERE ARE ALL THE MEN?"

And the men will go overseas where women are women and men can be men.

And the western women will die out slowly, old maids and virgins.

really?....so you are ok with Craigs behavior...

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:26pm

cods wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:53pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:44pm:
cods wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:40pm:
Ajax wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 5:37pm:
Sounds like he has no respect for himself or anybody else.

A few session on your couch should fix him up cods, just be gentle with that brain of his, sounds like there's not much there.

it saddens me to read all this... I have always liked him...and seeing him on talk shows  hes always seemed such a nice chap......he definitely needs some help ...all he has done really...is act like a dirty old creepy man....but none of it is nice and its a shame no one took him aside a long time ago   and said.  Craig its neither funny nor smart....it will come back and bite you..

my couch is always available though I wouldnt turn him away..

Would you cure him with a swift kick where it hurts Cods.

has the medical establishment found that cures anything jeez?.. its news to me if it has...

I would have to ask him... why the need to do and say what he does???...what does he get out of it???>.

is it to humiliate people  ...

maybe he does have difficulty in control.

you know we all have to stop ourselves from strangling someone at sometime... Smiley Smiley

I can think of one or two on here  I am best not to come face to face with... Smiley Smiley Smiley

The medical establishment have nothing to do with it.
Craig was probably in keeping with the culture the entertainment industry has built up, banter as such, now it is being called out as a crime, Craig to the slaughter house.
I bet the banter has come to an abrupt halt in the industry over the last few months.
The LGBTQI community are now under the spotlight and they are confused.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #92 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:54pm

cods wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:54pm:
Emasculated by stealth.

Soon every man will be required to look down only and speak to females in respectful tones.
Only to speak when spoken to, they will never again be allowed to initiate relationships or sexual encounters.

And women will cry out

"WHERE ARE ALL THE MEN?"

Well, even though it is not really clear what his behaviour was, it seems one of your Pals is okay with it and not a peep from you.

If what has been alleged is proven and he is convicted of offences, I reckon at its very worst it will show he is a temperamental, arrogant (perhaps a bullying) sleaze, and at its best for him, it will show that there are females who are willing to go along with his conduct in the anticipation it will advance their careers.

Reminds me of this case I had, and I have posted about it before.  Dunno why it sticks in my mind but it has.  There were some tricky nuances (she was mentally handicapped) to this but it boiled down to this really:

Strawberry pickers have to bend over to pick.....well, they did then.  (I've seen some farms now where they seem to lie down on a sort of sled thing to pick.)

So, there is the female picking in front of this bloke who was directly behind her.  She is bent over.  He was a sort of foreman who was also picking.

He grabs her arse, and digitally 'rapes' her.  She moves away and the engagement ends.  He does the same the next day, and the engagement ends.

On the third, she is bent over, he is directly behind and it happens again.  She moves away and the engagement ends.  But, this time she complains and he is charged.  I am 'defending him.'

Anyone here guess what I asked her when I cross examined her?

After the right questions, the charges were thrown out.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #93 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:56pm

I doubt that this behaviour is confined to the "entertainment industry". I have worked with men who are like this and my daughter has too.  It is just that "some men" act like this in the workplace because they obviously think that they are being funny or something.  Sexual innuendos every day and you just have to ignore them. Tell them to grow up or join in the banter, it is just "words" ... if they lay a hand on you, slap their face and tell them to piss off or threaten to tell the Boss, or whatever. 

I always think that men like this aren't getting any sex at home so you can always make that statement if you are game enough because you will then probably get propositioned! Make sure you have a good "come back line" and embarrass him in a loud voice so that everybody in the vicinity hears it.  Grin  Grin

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #94 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:58pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:54pm:
Emasculated by stealth.

And women will cry out

"WHERE ARE ALL THE MEN?"

Well, even though it is not really clear what his behaviour was, it seems one of your Pals is okay with it and not a peep from you.

If what has been alleged is proven and he is convicted of offences, I reckon at its very worst it will show he is a temperamental, arrogant (perhaps a bullying) sleaze, and at its best for him, it will show that there are females who are willing to go along with his conduct in the anticipation it will advance their careers.

Reminds me of this case I had, and I have posted about it before.  Dunno why it sticks in my mind but it has.  There were some tricky nuances (she was mentally handicapped) to this but it boiled down to this really:

Strawberry pickers have to bend over to pick.....well, they did then.  (I've seen some farms now where they seem to lie down on a sort of sled thing to pick.)

So, there is the female picking in front of this bloke who was directly behind her.  She is bent over.  He was a sort of foreman who was also picking.

He grabs her arse, and digitally 'rapes' her.  She moves away and the engagement ends.  He does the same the next day, and the engagement ends.

On the third, she is bent over, he is directly behind and it happens again.  She moves away and the engagement ends.  But, this time she complains and he is charged.  I am 'defending him.'

Did her vag look like a strawberry and was it mistaken identity?

IBI

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #95 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:33pm

"If what has been alleged is proven and he is convicted of offences, I reckon at its very worst it will show he is a temperamental, arrogant (perhaps a bullying) sleaze, and at its best for him, it will show that there are females who are willing to go along with his conduct in the anticipation it will advance their careers."

My next door neighbour was part of the Dr Blake crew- screen writer over the last 3 (I think) series. 

Albeit limited interaction, she saw him to be something of a chameleon....at times temperamental, always an outrageous flirt, often sleazy banter that attracted both male and female participation, definitely not one sided. He tested limits heaps. 

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #96 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 9:52am

Alinta wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:33pm:
"If what has been alleged is proven and he is convicted of offences, I reckon at its very worst it will show he is a temperamental, arrogant (perhaps a bullying) sleaze, and at its best for him, it will show that there are females who are willing to go along with his conduct in the anticipation it will advance their careers."

My next door neighbour was part of the Dr Blake crew- screen writer over the last 3 (I think) series. 

Albeit limited interaction, she saw him to be something of a chameleon....at times temperamental, always an outrageous flirt, often sleazy banter that attracted both male and female participation, definitely not one sided. He tested limits heaps. 

So, just like a lot of the blokes I worked with in an Office environment.   Grin

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #97 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 10:00am

Alinta wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:33pm:

You can see it in his interviews too. A shame, I'm a big fan of Dr Blake Mysteries.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 7:55pm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-31/doctor-blake-mysteries-responds-to-craig-mclachlan-allegations/9380658

Quote:
The producers of the Doctor Blake Mysteries have cleared Craig McLachlan of claims he sexually harassed his co-workers, but admitted the show's workplace culture was "bawdy and crude" and may have offended some cast and crew members.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #99 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 8:00pm

hatman92 wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 7:55pm:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-31/doctor-blake-mysteries-responds-to-craig-mclachlan-allegations/9380658

Quote:
The producers of the Doctor Blake Mysteries have cleared Craig McLachlan of claims he sexually harassed his co-workers, but admitted the show's workplace culture was "bawdy and crude" and may have offended some cast and crew members.

Yeah, that's how it is in all media arts ent

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #100 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 8:08pm

Quote:

I have not looked at the link, but if it means this bloke can get back to earning his living, great.

No-one ought lose their life/livelihood just because a person makes an allegation.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #101 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 8:10pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 8:08pm:

Quote:

I have not looked at the link, but if it means this bloke can get back to earning his living, great.

No-one ought lose their life/livelihood just because a person makes an allegation.

Not even a strawberry picker?

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #102 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:57am

Aussie wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:54pm:
Emasculated by stealth.

And women will cry out

"WHERE ARE ALL THE MEN?"

Aussie defending a rapist ^^^

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #103 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 11:17am

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:22pm:
Craig McLachlan sounds like he is another bloke who thinks it is his right to cop a feel when he is in the position of power....Another era another time these blokes would get away with it no worries....How many times have you remained silent???

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

But they let you?

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #104 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 1:49pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
Dr Frank N Furter in Rocky Horror?  Probably a little role playing before the show to get motivated... I mean Fran N Furter is outrageous, and maybe these little girls thought that was too much to try to play act before the show to get warmed up...

Anyone here been on-stage?

I have - in amateur theatre
And I can tell you, with its unrestricted flow of coarse language and ribald humour
Just as lightning fat costume changes - in a mixed gender change-room - are no place for the shy or modest

I've met McLachlan a couple of times - and all I ever saw was a lovely guy and dedicated family man

As with Geoffrey Rush, these accusations don't make any sense to me

It's a very bad state of affairs when a career can be ruined, based on an accusation of something that may or may not have occurred a decade or two, prior

No evidence, of course, no witnesses - yet the accused is guilty until they can prove their innocence
This is worse than the Indonesian "justice" system

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print